night out with the EVO and Pilot pt 2, fail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

snf

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
ed, lemme know how the pipe works out.

i want one, but i just ordered some 901s! gonna play with those a while now and let the hype die on the pipe and make sure all is groovy with them :)

plus i'd need a cool case for the pipe...

you'll be very satisfied with the 901 fitz, u might even like it more than the 401 ;)

just get a SD already, no need to get the others...cuz you will eventually ;)

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
haha you know, i'm not too far from getting a SD i think :) i don't have issues with the design, but i think it's a little less....discreet than i would like at first, hehe.

gotta "break in the crowd" with the regular looking ecigs before i show up at a bar with a monster like that!

Just north of you and I can not even fathom walking/driving/being in public anywhere with the SD. Much as I'd like to try one, nobody would believe it wasn't drug paraphernalia. If and/or when I get one, I'd be afraid to leave the house with it. You are far braver than I.

My second pilot kit, I thought I hit the jackpot with a battery that was less sensitive. No amount of wind, yelling or music set off the LED. Unfortunately, it didn't smoke well either and I have to send it back. Too bad. It would have been perfect at times.

snf

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
haha you know, i'm not too far from getting a SD i think :) i don't have issues with the design, but i think it's a little less....discreet than i would like at first, hehe.

gotta "break in the crowd" with the regular looking ecigs before i show up at a bar with a monster like that!

yeah thats something you definetly gotta take into consideration lol!

but for the discreet look, the dura-c fascinates me, especially with a manual switch! really wanna try it out but been spending too much money lately :mad:

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
My second pilot kit, I thought I hit the jackpot with a battery that was less sensitive. No amount of wind, yelling or music set off the LED. Unfortunately, it didn't smoke well either and I have to send it back. Too bad. It would have been perfect at times.

I had one just like that I somewhat considered keeping, but sent it back...

sparkomatic

Feb 19, 2009
Sorry our band is killing your battery, Flitz. As Flitz will attest, I'm actually a little closer to the ruckus and my 901 has never false triggered. I'd be getting a 401 right now if it wasn't for the noise issue.

For those handy types out there with dead 401 atomizers and batts, I wonder if it would be possible to fashion an inline safety switch using the screw terminals from each? So with the finished product, you screw the battery onto one side and an atomizer onto the other, and it has some sort of contact switch that only allows current through when it's being touched? Not a toggle or button per se, more like those nifty lamps where all you have to do is touch the base. Would add a few cm to the length, but would keep you from killing the poor thing.

I totally hear u on the Evo...

My Evo was my first e-cig. I am an International Flight attendant, and the first trip I took my Evo with me on, as we started our takeoff roll I noticed some extreme heat coming from my blazer pocket!!! That was when I decided to buy a whole heard of 901's from Steve, and they have been going well ever since!

I like the draw on the Evo for some reason, but my 901's are far less sensitive and smoke much better!

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
to you two pilots, you'll likely have bad luck with the 401, there's another post about a trucker who couldn't use his because of the loud rumble of the engine, and i'm sure airplanes exceed those rumbles :)

a solid 901 will probably be a better option.

and spark - maybe if that bass guitar wasn't so thick it wouldn't set off my cigs!! :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
to you two pilots, you'll likely have bad luck with the 401, there's another post about a trucker who couldn't use his because of the loud rumble of the engine, and i'm sure airplanes exceed those rumbles :)

a solid 901 will probably be a better option.

and spark - maybe if that bass guitar wasn't so thick it wouldn't set off my cigs!! :)

Flitz--you getting yourself into trouble again--atomizers firing in your pockets on the dance floor--a real party hound!!! lol--Stay with your new 901 and you will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!--Sun:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread