Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
smog ... I don't have complete information on the technology backing it (for that I'm sorry), but I would assume, the chip can sense the heat given off by a dry atomizer, thus shutting down the battery. An atomizer runs cooler when there is liquid passing through it. Without liquid it overheats ... so that would be my best guestimate.

smog

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
England
I was thinking along those lines to cashmere if there was such a cuttoff .Not sure if there is though,it just reads like that . It's just that sometimes when i drip straight on to the mesh bridge on the vaporizer it sometimes causes a 2 min cuttoff to operate .Cant understand it .i have one vaporizer that does it all the time .(but theres nothing wrong with the vaporizer element (it's the same resistance as the others ).
Thanks anyway .:) sorry if i posted a bit off thread topic .

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Are the tips of both the pilot and dura rounded like an analog? I scrutinized the pics, but I can't tell.

Yes, both teh Dura and Pilot/Evo/M401 have rounded mouthpieces ..

I was thinking along those lines to cashmere if there was such a cuttoff .Not sure if there is though,it just reads like that . It's just that sometimes when i drip straight on to the mesh bridge on the vaporizer it sometimes causes a 2 min cuttoff to operate .Cant understand it .i have one vaporizer that does it all the time .(but theres nothing wrong with the vaporizer element (it's the same resistance as the others ).
Thanks anyway .:) sorry if i posted a bit off thread topic .

That's the safety cutoff ... As soon as you reach about 4-5 seconds, and it cuts you off, you have to wait 2 minutes.:)

Smo

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Italy
I AM AN EVO FANBOY, THIS POST IS BIASED AND I HOPE TO WORK FOR INTELLICIG SOON!

Plus i am a noob, and the Evo is the only e-cig i've ever had. But srsly, starting as low as 27 sterlins with the spare battery and a usb charger, and after all the positive reviews, the Evo is, in my humble opinion, a must have for any vaper out there. Again, i have nothing at hand to compare it with, but i can confirm the excellent battery capacity and the fast recharge time on USB, and i'm on day 15 with no battery or atomizer performance problems. And i can confirm this for 4 different devices, since both me and my brother (we live togheter, and are both heavy smokers) bought it, and we gave 2 to mum'n'daddy that are suffering from a lifetime of analogs, hoping to help them in changing to a (hopefully) safer habit. They used it much less than us by the way.

Throat hit is slightly less the one of an analog (still have to try other juices than the intellicig one), while vapour production is identical to an analog (with a fresh cart or a direct drip).

Do the math with how much a Dura costs, and choose wisely. And i am happy to spend extra bucks on anything for a greater quality, but comeon... How big can this quality gap (if there's one) be?

/FANBOYOFF

Ye, sometimes i licked juice too. But never with a fresh intellicig cart, only when i messed up in topping. My tip is to push the inner cart with a pin from the bottom, top it up, and slide it back down. I reckon it can be a hassle sometimes.

travde

Jun 13, 2009
I only have a 401. I love it.

If you carry like 5 carts with 5 atomizers in them as caps and two batts. Only take the atomizers off the carts if:
You have a paper clip and a paper towel.
Then they wont spit in your mouth ever.

Thats my experience with it. Not had it long but so far nothing broke. One batt acts funny and cuts off early. But that is the same batt that I blew in too see 4 jets of vape come out the atomizer. Looks cool but don't do it.

gyrixx

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Dillsburg, PA
OK,

So 2 of my friends are about to get into the e-cig market now and they're both looking into the 510's via me... (I have not intentions of being a supplier at all, just trying to help my internet challenged friends out...)..

Any update on the 510's performance / longenvity?

it should have been a few days since the last person posted.. :)

tromboneking

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
New Jersey USA
I have a BES 401, the RN4081, and a 510 Titan from Totally Wicked. I prefer my Titan when I'm out or driving in the car, especially with the manual battery (but it also came with an automatic battery). I use the RN4081 more often when I'm home than I do the 510. I'd suggest either, especially the 510 as you can mix and match brands.

Performance wise, I like the vapor and having both types of batteries help out. The throat hit seems to work better than the other e-cigs that I have. Can't say longevity as I've only had the 510 for a couple of weeks. What I can say is that the atomizer seems to be a good unit and is working fine. I've switched out twice and I"m back to the original atty but that I was because I changed flavors and wanted to get an idea on what the new flavor tasted like w/o tasting my menthol flavors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread