nJoy in Walgreens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
At least if the medical big guns are seeing the cost to benefit of our little devices, then at least we have a chance that they will be approved in some form some day. Just like big Pharma with their drugs that can give us all types of "acceptable" side effects. It is all going to come down to cost to benefit. I hope we do not have to go down the "nicotine water" route to get a stamp of approval.:(

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
We can't please everyone and the more Doctors intereted in their patients using something that mite work better than what is on the market and stores like walgreens and target selling them the better chance we have of them not being banned. Maybe here in the USA we will at least get a hearing. Some of these countrys are not even looking a the facts before they make judgements.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Anyone know anything about Miri Pharma inc? They made a Non-Control Equity Investment Into Sottera at the start of the month and I'm wondering if this had anything to do with Njoy getting shelf space at Walgreens which will undoubtedly now lend the brand a lot of credibility in the eyes of the casual shopper.

Financials.com - Annual Reports, Stock Quotes and more

I'm walking by all these chemists lately with giant cardboard displays for nicorette filling up their store windows and can't help wondering how much they lost this quitting season to the product that seems to be steadily sweeping the market from under them and what they plan to do about it.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I mean really, Non-smokers...I knew from the very beginning that when "you guys" finally got your way about us in highly ventilated (holycrap ,it's cold in here!) restaurants, That you would definitely take it way to far. Such as No smoking in pool halls and bars, hell, you even took it away from social life entire outside! Designated squares?! really? You guys make me feel like i'm disgusting sometimes, well when I'm out with the family that is...sure some can relate... So here you are now all puffed up and proud know-it-all's. talking all this crap about a product that you don't even have a clue about with 9 freaking pages of garbage,,damn got carried away maybe I should post this over there.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
dc2k08 they probaly sell stuff to walgreens

Miri Pharma, Inc. is a division of Canderm Pharma, Inc. Canderm Pharma, Inc. develops and sells cosmeceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) skin care products, and dermatological items. Its product line includes ArtteSense, Betacaine, Cliniderm, Lipsorex, NeoStrata, Rosacure, and Ultraquin, as well as Condyline Topical Solution, Dermagran II, Epi-Derm, and UltraMOP. The firm also sells Ayria, a skin care line sold exclusively through dermatologists, and distributes Radiesse, produced by BioForm Medical, a trendy injectable filler alternative to facelifts

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
I'm not sure if I was in a test market, but I purchased an NJoy penstyle in Walgreen's over 3 months ago. Way over-priced, but gave me faith to keep trying e-cigs after the SmokingEverywhere incident. It's a good device that you can get ahold of ASAP in case of breakdown/shortage. You'll pay a premium for the convenience tho...

I have vaped in Walgreen's since, and they've only ever asked if it was the one they sell (it wasn't) and how I liked it (I did).

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Oh dear, most of those comments are insane - hypocritical health nazi crap! Y'know what winds me up? So-called health nuts who don't drink or smoke but think nothing of downing 2 or 3 Starbucks a day.

Anyway, to the point - selling in Walgreens is a step in the right direction. Over here, I'd like to see Wetherspoons pubs and Boots chemists doing the same :)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
No question to me that selling in a drugstore is a huge step forward for e-smoking. In the States, there is pressure for drugstores to NOT sell any tobacco product. Conflict between health and money, you understand. It's not a law, but the anti-smoking types continue to ratchet up pressure on firms like Walgreen's to get rid of cigarettes. Sell NRT stuff, not tobacco.

So, if Walgreen's sells e-cigs, this is an unexpected "approval" of our practice. A step in the right direction. The real break will come when every tobacco shop in America has devices and carts on sale, in full public display. But I share others' trepidations that Big Tobacco will not be pleased at that prospect. And Big Tobacco already is so powerful that it dictates shelf display, product location, discounts and more in tobacco stores.

There will no need for government involvement if Big Tobacco quietly says to all tobacco shop owners, "You can either sell our Marlboros and Newports or you can sell e-cigs. But not both."

No contest at that point.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Yes, I remember going into a CVS and being shocked that they sold cigarettes, big display right behind the counter! Why, some drugstores sell beer too - I think that was CVS come to think of it. I gurss drugstores double as convenience stores in that respect.

I love snooping around a Walgreens, and this will make my next visit (7 weeks and counting) even more interesting! Not that I plan to buy, having a good stock already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread