Noalox and Rhodium P18+

Status
Not open for further replies.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I've ordered a new P18+, with my old one I used Noalox not just on the contact points, but also on the threads where the top cap and bottom cap screw into the main body and especially around the bottom button, it made everything silky smooth (for a month, then I need to clean it all up to get rid of whatever dirt or gunk has become stuck to the Noalox). It works great for me.

I know that with Rhodium using Noalox on the contact points is not needed anymore/not a good idea, but is there any downside to continuing to use it on the threads and especially the bottom button?

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I don't know what David's thoughts are on this subject but I don't care for using Noalox anymore on any SS mods including on the threads. I just don't like the maintenance of having to clean what eventually becomes gunk. You can accomplish "silky smooth" with just a thin layer of vaseline. Just my :2c:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I don't know what David's thoughts are on this subject but I don't care for using Noalox anymore on any SS mods including on the threads. I just don't like the maintenance of having to clean what eventually becomes gunk. You can accomplish "silky smooth" with just a thin layer of vaseline. Just my :2c:
Does Vaseline eventually become gunk too? I've just been going bare metal for awhile now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread