Status
Not open for further replies.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I am so ready for the P+10440. as soon as its listed i am getting one. Im gonna wear the 10440 around my neck and have one PP in each pocket. Man i will be vaping 3 Precise Pluses and look like im playing the bagpipes. I just put my PP185 and 18650 down after taking hits off both of them. man my head is spinning but its a good spinning kind of feel. i mentioned this once a few weeks ago and im gonna say it again. my juice intake increased a few mls daily because of the great vape i get with these bad boys. But i dont mind using the extra juice and it is well worth it.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
are you going to have new caps and buttons for current p10 owners?

Around the new year i'll have new caps and buttons for the P10. All the caps and buttons i have now have matching bodies to them, so i can't break them up, but i will be having a batch done in the future with extras to spare.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
If I use an adapter (510 extender or 510-901 adapter), am I negating some of the benefit of the rhodium?

Any chance of offering a rhodium plating service for other mods? I prefer dripping, even though I'm terrible at it, so I'm constantly getting eliquid all over the contacts on my other mods.

On plating other parts, thats not a service i offer unfortunately.
Any time you add an adapter, you've added two more junctions the electricity has to flow through, which increases resistance and electrical loss. The miminum number of junctions the electricity has to flow through on its journey, the more power available to your atomizer:)

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
csYeS.jpg
8gCD8.jpg

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Cool... Looks cool, indeed...

But now I am wondering... Which part of the contacts is rhodium-plated... The entire buttom or just the inner-part which makes direct contact !?

DAVID !?

On the P10 the entire switch is plated. On the P16/P18 the entires screw in switch post is plated. All top posts are completely plated.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Now that we've had however long...what, I've had my 18500 since October last year, and all the rest of them since whenever, I think we can all agree that the rhodium plating is a resounding success. Never once have I had to do anything other than (at the most) rinse off and wipe dry any of my connections and it seems like forever between when I have to do even that. All my other mods, my ProVaris, my Super 6, my Reo, my GG, doesn't matter, involve periodic time consuming cleaning/maintenace up to and including scrubbing and sandpaper. The other day my ProVari was so cruddy and oxidized it wouldn't even fire; I use it far less than I do my PrecisePluses.
The longevity of the plating seems to be holding up fine. At first I was skeptical as the thought of the top post rotating against the postive battery terminal made me shudder, but looking at them now they show absolutely no signs of wear.
I read another modmaker call plating useless. In my hand I have proof otherwise.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you so much Snork!

The reason the Rhodium is so strong is because :

-First, Rhodium is 4 times harder then Gold. I've seen some now Gold plating, but gold doesn't have the hardness rating to be durable in these high friction applications and will be great at first, but wear off in short order. The best Gold platings have a knoop hardness rating of 200 while Rhodium has a knoop hardness rating of 800!

-Second The Rhodium is applied to Mil spec by a reputable company who plates for the aircraft and areospace industry and it isn't a home brew or jewelry grade rhodium. The company who plates my parts is required to keep detailed records of all parts they plate and to what specs they were plated to meet mil spec industry regulations and verification.

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
The only concerns I had were that maybe when kicked, my P+ might, if there was a tight fit, wear off a bit... Even with rhodium...

Is this to worry, David?
To me it seems that a tight fit with a batt would be just the same so I dont think you have anything to worry about, my batt is really tight in there and I have not experienced that.

jeffjr464

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
London, Ontario, Canada
Yep, Rhodium plating is almost a white color, hence where "White" gold gets its name (white gold is rhodium plated gold, often seen on wedding rings ).

huh didn't know i had a rhodium and 14k gold wedding band, cool info, my ring was handmade 10 years ago by my swiss jeweller, i climb ladders on boxcars etc (work on the railroad) not once has my ring deformed, i am very interested in the precise plus david, any chance i could get a custom engraving on it? how big is the backlog? i will pm you with my engraving if you do it (match my wedding band) i saw another post about plating the whole pv in rhodium and you said your 1st born etc, without giving you my children, how much? if you could pm me i'd appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread