Precise ELA Production Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
03/20/13:

This thread is dedicated to the Precise ELA production status. We will update it weekly at a minimum.

-Main Body machining completed.

-Main extension tube machining completed.

-Optional extra length Extension tube machining completed.

-Top Center Posts Completed. Bottom Switch Contact posts completed (both sent to Rhodium Platers approximately 1 week ago).

-Currently working on top caps. Will follow with the bottom cap production followed by the accent rings. We have approximately 100 switches already completed and ready to go.

-We estimate shipping will begin in approximately 2 weeks. Orders will ship in the order they came in.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
03/26/13:

-Finished the top cap adjustable center post holders this morning.

-More stock arrived monday for the top caps

-tweaking the adjustable draw cap design a bit, should have the tweaks completed tomorrow

-Machining on the top caps and adjustable draw caps will begin again on thursday. Estimate about 4 days on those. Then its the accent rings and bottom caps. We estimate about 9 business days of machining left.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Don't get "Shockwaved" on the ELA and miss out! We are only running two batches at the introductory price with its full boat of features. Its an introductory price and estimating production costs, the current cost of purchase is approximately the cost of manufacture so its an unbeatable value in the APV world. The $189.99 was an introductory price and will be adjusted accordingly once the preorder is over (and/or standard "features" may become additional cost options in the future).

We are now transistioning into the second "batch". Some of the quanitities of parts we have run on the "first batch" were over what was needed and will be applied to the second batch. Since the programming and tooling is in place, the second batch (set to begin production in approximately 10 days) will be a shorter production time then the first batch.

There are only approximately 200 units going to be produced on this second batch at the introductory price. Once they are gone, they are gone, prices and features will change. Don't get "Shockwaved" and miss out! I know preorders and waiting sucks, but you also know Super-T follows through and quality and design is first rate!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update: 04/02/13:

- Finished the first side operations on the top cap today and will be flipping them and running the second ops on the backside starting tomorrow. Should have those finished up sometime on Thursday

-Will begin on the adjustable airflow cap on Thursday, i expect about 3-4 days on that. After that, we'll do the bottom caps and accent rings. I'd estimate about 8 more business days of machining.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 04/09/14:

- Machining on the Adjustable draw caps and broke our $500.00 insert drill, ouch... New one on order.

- Switching the machine over to machine bottom caps in the mean time, should be machining on those shortly.

- Finished up pressing in all the center posts on the hybrid adjustable center post

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 04/13 :

- As most of you know, we broke a tool and switched production from the Top Air Control cap (we did get about seventy of them done before it broke) to the bottom cap of which we should be done with the first ops around noon, we'll then flip them over and machine the back side of them (they are a two operation part). Back side is much quicker cycle time then the front though, so i estimate we should have those done sometime tomorrow afternoon.

- Left we have the accent rings. We are alloting about 3 days machine time for those and then we have the Locking ring, 2 days machine time and the top cap non adjustable draw cap 1 day machine time(for those confused the top caps are already made, this is the air control and non air control caps that go ON the top cap)

- Still surface prepping on the main bodies.

- New adjusted time estimate for machining completion: 6 business days

- New adjusted shipping time estimate: 10 business days, orders will ship in the order they came. It should go fairly fast compared to the Shockwaves.

- I will be out of the office the 15-18th, but my machinist will still be here full time machining the remaining parts, so production won't be affected. We are going to take down most of the small items for sale on the site starting at approximately 1pm tomorrow but The ELA's and remaining PrecisePlus P10's will stay up for those who want to still get in on those. Any orders of in stock items placed before the site is limited tomorrow afternoon will ship by tomorrow evening!

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 04/12/13

-Finished all the bottom caps

-Monday we'll start on the accent rings (top and bottom) followed by the locking mechanism. (i'll be out the 15th-18th, but no worries, production won't cease as our machinist will be here all week machining away)

-Hoping that we'll have all machining completed on the first batch by next weeks end. We are close!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
First Batch Update 04/19. Got a lot of parts machined this week:

-Bottom caps completed

-Bottom screw on accent rings complete (brass and stainless)

-Top slip on accent rings completed (brass and stainless)

-Top cap non-adjustable cover completed (used when using tanks or atomizers you dont want adjustable draw on. shortens the overall lenth a couple of MM)

-Started machining on extension tube locking mechanism today.

Where we sit today, id estimate mid week all machining will be done on the first batch.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by forcedfuel50

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update: 04/26/13:

-We cheated a bit and did up the second operation on about 75 adjustable draw caps just so we can get the first batch moving.

-Will continue to finish buttons and adjustable draw caps while we assemble the 75 or so we have parts for

-Assembling and surface finishing ELA's now

-Hope to ship first batch by next weeks end. Orders will ship in the order they came in.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 05/02/13:

-Just finished doing up the first ops on about 500 adjustable draw caps (ran the remaining 200 or so needed plus ran the second batch in there too since the machine was all set up for them)

-Currently machining flats on the top cap threaded area (it was a last minute decision, i figured it'd be nice to be able to put a wrench on the top cap threaded area should your adjustable draw cover get stuck, no need to mar it up in a vice or heaven forbid, take a pliers to it).

-Still working on finishing and assembling on the first batch. I had hoped to ship this week, but i'd say early this coming week is more accurate (see above post)

********************************************************************************

Precise ELA Hybrid Adjustable Center Post:

• We wanted to take the ultra-reliable, no leak design of Super-T’s press-in Rhodium over Gold plated center post and make it adjustable. Our innovative Hybrid design does just that!
• Our Hybrid design is unique in that, unlike full-floating/self-adjusting designs, no matter how tight you compress down the sections and center post onto the battery, none of that force will transfer up through the center post to your atomizer which can cause atomizer shorts.
• Atomizer positively seats on the top cap with no play or wobble and the user can adjust the post height and force applied to the atomizer center pin. No more shorting atomizers!

Note the attention to detail with machined in flats that accept a 7/16 or 11mm wrench. Normally, you'll be able to just adjust it with your fingers, but, should it get stuck, it beats the heck out of taking a pliers to your precious mod!

ELApic.jpg.w560h316.jpg

- Super-T ELA: Quality you can see! The ELA's internal finish is of higher quality then most competitors external finish is. Bringing the machining in house will definitely yield big dividends going forward in quality.

Precise ELA's extension tube interior finish VS. a popular competitors extension tube interior:
IMAG0673.jpg

-Top Cap shown with non-adjustable draw cover for Atomizers, Tanks, Rbas.

Two things to note:

1. Atomizers and tanks get tightened down solidly against the cap and the center post is adjusted up to the atomizer/tank/rba. Makes it rock solid with no wobble!

2. The center slotted section is raised .005 above the surrounding cover for airflow when using tanks, which allows you to still tighten the tank all the way down rock solid, yet maintain airflow and an integrated look.

topcap1.jpg.w560h316.jpg

-Top cap with adjustable draw cover.

Two things to note:

1. The atomizer stays put, it did not move, only the covers were switched from the previous picture.

2. Air enters 360 degrees around the atomizer through the top of the cover. Twist to adjust draw.

ad1.jpg

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 05/09/13:

- Shipping notices on the first wave of the first batch will go out tomorrow, units will ship saturday and the first customers will have them in their hands Monday. Still not sure how many will go out Saturday, but i'll keep assembling.

- Machining second ops on the second batch of adjustable draw top caps now

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 5/11/13:

ELA orders through 14410 have shipped. They were dropped off about an hour after "last" pickup, so i don't know if they will get scanned in and on their way this evening or not or will sit there tomorrow, but they are there!

Will update again on Monday or Tuesday what orders have shipped as we have quite a few more almost ready to go!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update: 05/21/2013

- Looking at the numbers, we had about 222 on the first batch (which is through order 15288 if i recall correctly). Where we sit now i estimate we can get through to 14643 by weeks end. Next week my goal is through 15052 and the remainder of first batch (through 15288) the following week.

-Machining on second batch buttons now.

brass2.jpg

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update:

- We are working on through order 14646 today. I'm still going to stick with my estimate as of last week as i think we may gain some ground later this week and early next week so my goal is through 15052 this week and the remainder of first batch (through 15288) the following week.

-Still machining on second batch parts and i expect to start shipping second batch shortly after first batch is completed shipping.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update 06/14/13: I got shipped thru order 14842 and have printed up and am working on through 15003, thats not as bad as it seems as from 14842 to 15003 is only 13 units, keep in mind most of the numbers in between are batteries, charges tip etc. I should get through 15003 shipped on Monday. A few more days for the rest of batch 1. Not what i hoped, but hell, it never is enough for me. I'll keep you posted next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread