Not open for further replies.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Hi all,
Been reading, lurking and learning here for a couple of weeks now, and it’s time to post my “howdy” thread.

History: I fall into the typical rookie category…..
Started off with an overpriced Mall E-cig named Techecig. It’san 808 clone that works well for me as it got me off analogs and opened me upto the world of vaping.

Then the Blu starter at Walgreens caught my eye. I bought a starter kit, and liked the form-factor and PCC but the battery life was ridiculously short. So I went on line and bought their “premium 100” kit. The batteries in those last much longer, and with my light vaping style it lasts from when I getup to about mid afternoon at which time I swap to the spare battery. It’s areally big improvement over their standard kit.

Then I found this site, and have been reading and learning. I’m at the point where I’d like to make my next step and need some advice. I know most here recommend the kgo or ego’s, but I’m not sure if that’s the best bet for me.

I tend to vape like I smoked where every half hour to anhour I take 10 or 20 puffs and put it away until the next craving strikes. Ilike the Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured (24mg) which is a pure VG formula andUSA made juice.

Here’s what I’m looking for….

1) I need something that I’m comfortable sticking in my jeans front pocket to pull out for a few puffs periodically. The big fatties just seem too big and fat for that to work. It can be a little fatter than the 808, but if it’s too fat to be comfortable in my pants pocket, it will be too big.

2) I need a good source for good quality blank cartomizers for my 808 and 510 devices. My Blu carto’s measure 2.3 ohms and my 808 Tececig carto’s measure 2.8 ohms

3) I tried to measure battery voltage of my BLU 100 Premium and the 808 so I could figure wattage and polarity, but I can’t get a reading. My guess is that both are auto-batteries and are not turned on when I try to measure. Is there some “trick” to measuring voltage from an auto-battery???

I came across this device yesterday and would like someopinions on it. On the surface it looks like the sort of thing that would workfor me, but I don’t know if battery life would be an issue for me. The Precise10440
Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

How bad are 10440 batteries? How do they compare to good quality 808’s or Blu Premium batteries?
Are there other similar sized devices that may be a better choice?

P10440_02a_w_m.jpg
Thanks in advance for all your help. This forum is anamazing place with some amazing people. I look forward to continuing to learn.

MommaAJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
CO
I just ordered an SD Key Ring myself, something to grab for quick trips out. Still waiting on it, so I have no feedback to give you yet!

I have a kGo and love it. The batteries last forever for me (I am a fairly light vaper) and I love that it has the 5 click shut off, so if I throw it in my purse or even in the case and the button won't get pushed and waste my battery. Not sure of the size of the one you posted, but my kGo looks about the same size with a regular size carto and drip tip on it. I have walked around with mine in my pocket and it fits just fine.

Good luck finding the info you need to make the next purchase! Let us know what you get and how you like it :)

Angela

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
I tried to measure battery voltage of my BLU 100 Premium and the 808 so I could figure wattage and polarity, but I can’t get a reading. My guess is that both are auto-batteries and are not turned on when I try to measure. Is there some “trick” to measuring voltage from an auto-battery???

Yes, try to blow the battery from the other end while measuring it. Not easy, but it could be done.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Have you physically held or seen a kGo or eGo? They often look a lot bigger in pictures than they do in person. They're about the same size around as a sharpie. Length depends on the particular battery (higher mAh = longer). They're definitely small enough to fit in a pocket though.

Assuming you have seen one and still think they're too big, the legit KR808's have the best battery life in terms of analog sized PVs. They are available up to 380mAh I believe.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Have you physically held or seen a kGo or eGo? They often look a lot bigger in pictures than they do in person. They're about the same size around as a sharpie. Length depends on the particular battery (higher mAh = longer). They're definitely small enough to fit in a pocket though.

Assuming you have seen one and still think they're too big, the legit KR808's have the best battery life in terms of analog sized PVs. They are available up to 380mAh I believe.
The precise 10440 from the picture is about as fat as the cartomizer, so I know it would be comfortable in my front jeans pocket. I've never seen an acutal Ego or Kgo. Sticking a highlighter in my pocket is a bit too fat (bulky) so I don’t know if a Kgo or Ego sized device would work for me. The length and thickness of the 808 is fine, so I’m looking for something of a similar size (or maybe just a bit thicker) but with more performance. That is why the Percise 10440 seemed attractive. I just don’t know if I’d be gaining much on battery life with that unit.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
The battery life is measured in milli-amp hours (mah). It's a bit oversimplified, but close enough for jazz, to say that twice the mah of the battery should give you about twice the battery life. The problem with physically small batteries is that you can only get so much capacity in that small size. I find the SmokelessImage.com Volt X2 in 650mah or 900mah to be a good trade-off between size and capacity. I also use a HoosierECigSupply.com SLB KGO (1100 mah) and carry it with me sometimes, but a 650mah X2 with a standard cartomizer is quite comfortable in any pocket. The one caveat is that Smokeless Image doesn't YET offer the X2 with a 5-click on/off switch. This is a very handy feature if you're carrying it around in a pocket to prevent accidental firing. Rumor has it that feature is coming on the X2. The SLB KGO does have it.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
If you don't like something the size of a highlighter, you probably wouldn't like an eGo.

I think the Precise 10440 is one of the nicest looking PVs out there. Super T also has the Precise Plus now which is also very nice looking and has a locking button so it won't misfire in your pocket. The lack of a locking button is the only thing that prevented me from getting an original Precise.

10440 batteries are usually 500mAh, so you should get even better battery life than with a 808.

Edit: Oops. Just read the site again and the 10440 model doesn't have the locking button. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
The battery life is measured in milli-amp hours (mah). It's a bit oversimplified, but close enough for jazz, to say that twice the mah of the battery should give you about twice the battery life. The problem with physically small batteries is that you can only get so much capacity in that small size. I find the SmokelessImage.com Volt X2 in 650mah or 900mah to be a good trade-off between size and capacity. I also use a HoosierECigSupply.com SLB KGO (1100 mah) and carry it with me sometimes, but a 650mah X2 with a standard cartomizer is quite comfortable in any pocket. The one caveat is that Smokeless Image doesn't YET offer the X2 with a 5-click on/off switch. This is a very handy feature if you're carrying it around in a pocket to prevent accidental firing. Rumor has it that feature is coming on the X2. The SLB KGO does have it.
What's the voltage on the X2?

Last edited:

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
Harp, I'm almost in the same boat as you. I've got a small collection of Volt 808s, which are great to carry around, discrete, and work well for their size, but I would like something with a little more oomph, but not very big (there's always going to be a sacrifice somewhere - battery life, power, vapor production). I'm really looking into the GLV mini or super mini. Even if I have to carry around a spare battery for the super mini, the thing small enough to fit anywhere. Not sure if it'll work with a 510-to-808 adapter (to continue using your current investment in 808 cartos until they die), but it might be something to look into.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Harp, I'm almost in the same boat as you. I've got a small collection of Volt 808s, which are great to carry around, discrete, and work well for their size, but I would like something with a little more oomph, but not very big (there's always going to be a sacrifice somewhere - battery life, power, vapor production). I'm really looking into the GLV mini or super mini. Even if I have to carry around a spare battery for the super mini, the thing small enough to fit anywhere. Not sure if it'll work with a 510-to-808 adapter (to continue using your current investment in 808 cartos until they die), but it might be something to look into.

That’s one strange looking device! :D
It does seem really interesting though and Grim Green’s review was very good on their site.
I’ll check into that a little more.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
They do look like nice units.
I decided to go with some Kgo batteries and found that the 650mah Kgo is pocketable for me (the 1100 is doable, but with the drip tip is a tad too big).

I still keep a Blu in my pocket and am using both the Kgo and Blu now for various situations.
If the Blu or my 808-d1 fails, then I might look into the DM1 though.

I really wish that Precise10440 had a locking or 5-click button though. The size, look and performance would have been perfect for me.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I use an SLB KGO and love it. Hope you are as happy with yours. :)
Thanks Rick,
I'm quite happy with it. I use the 650mah much more than I do the 1100mah due to the smaller size.
I'm not a chain vapor, so the 650mah usually lasts me all day.

Love the stardust too, but I wish that was safe to carry around in my jeans pocket.

The ego and kgo were my next jump after my cig look a like starter kit from v2. I now use a vv mod with 1.5ohm atties from empire mods. Works great for me cause I wanted to take more of a realistic short drag and still get plumes of vapor. I'm waiting on epipemods to put their new v2 pipes on the site(hopefully this weekend), as well as a 3ml version of the surge tank, and lastly I'm waiting on the percise 10440(for when I'm at more formal events)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread