Not downing the company, but major e-cig company president says to industry to shape up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
The Green Nicotine CEO is an embarrassment to the vaping community.
He's nothing but a certified FDA A-S-S Kisser thinking if he sucks up
to the FDA they will consider Green Nicotine as their e-cig poster child.

I saw this clown vomiting this garbage on a YouTube
but it has since been taken down.

This is corporate America teaming up with government to coral wealth and drive the little guy out.... What are we left with. Poor quality and a slave to big business (less innovation cause we cant afford to play by their concocted rules.)

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
They are the voice and face of what is wrong with this industry. As often as I go to the local malls here, I make a point to stop in and tell some truth to prospective customers and the [sarcasm] knowledgeable [/sarcasm] staff. I was even told by one salesperson that the founder of Green Nicotine invented the e-cigarettes.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Who was the fellow at the end of the show who sells the same Chinese equipment for a fraction of the cost? "He had me lkaughing at 1:30 in the morning.

Drew Gliem is currently the one CASAA director who sells electronic cigarettes full time. He's also a community-elected founding director - meaning that he's been on CASAA's BOD since it's creation. Definitely NOT a closely guarded secret!

His knowledge and input on the goings-on within the industry, innovations, common manufacturing practices, trends, Chinese manufacturers, etc., have been invaluable over the past 3 years. Because so many vendors are also consumers and often just as passionate as any other vaper, we found it reasonable and even obvious to give vendors a seat at the table (while still limiting their "industry influence" on a consumer group by restricting the number of vendors who can serve on the board.)

Drew is awesome.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Here is an interview with the CEO of Green Nicotine with me and various other members of the vaping community.

High Holy Hell - It's The Green Nicotine Guy by VP Live on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

He is a typical confidence man. I wouldn't doubt if he has been trained at it, took a basic psychology class with the intent of being a con man. Maybe even studied from a TV preacher. They all have the same patterns of speech designed to gain the confidence of suckers.

I get what he's saying about flavors, I really do. :)
He knows I accidentally quit smoking because of flavors, he hears me. He thinks a percentage of ANTZ are against fruit flavors, he can gain their confidence and I am going to smoke poop flavor because I want to smoke tobacco and both taste bad. Poop is all I NEED.
But he doesn't realize that if I have to vape something that tastes bad, when it comes to a rough patch I'm going to go for the real thing. There's a trade off here, the good taste of vaping fruits or the rush of a cigarette.
The possibilities are that he enters into the same game as the pharmaceutical companies where they have people bouncing between all of these products increasing their usage every time they go back which spells ever increasing profits for him. He gets that, he really does.

Isn't it funny that with all the talk about flavored tobacco that nobody has ever gone against vanilla, cherry or apple pipe tobaccos that have been around for ever?
Has anyone ever talked of banning The Lord Of The Rings? Do you realize how many times a day pipe forums are hit up with kids wanting to learn how to smoke their new churchwardens? Do you know what they most often ask for? Virgina, one of the most basic tobacco flavors. Kids want to do things like smoking to be adults, they want adult flavors like beer, coffee and everything else they can sneak from their parents.
What's really bad about that isn't that kids are wanting to smoke pipes it's that with nobody to teach them they're inhaling the pipe smoke.

Just because HE tried a flavor and couldn't put it down, doesn't mean the rest of us have no self control.

Actually not being able to put a watermelon down and continually getting the nicotine I needed is what got me to ACCIDENTALLY quit the first day.
I planned on vaping to quit just not as soon as I did.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Ok, let's see here. Ex-con busted on c-o-k-e and other drugs charges, plus other nasty crimes, and did time it seems (he didn't deny it at all), suddenly has all the money he needs to start a Mall-stand empire with a business model that is so anti-consumer and anti-choice, it's ridiculous. Hmmm. Me thinks he is in bed with the FDA, and they set him up financially. What bank would lend to someone like this? Maybe I do not understand business and financing enough, but something seems off to me.

Sean, got news for you and your extensive scientific research team: it's vegetable glycerin, not vegetable glycol. No such thing as vegetable glycol, that I know of, and if there was it would be too expensive to use as an ecig carrier. You might want to fix your website, and learn some chemistry, Mr. expert. If it was glycol, all the negative issues you cite for abandoning PG would be present. I would check the resumes of your "scientists".

Also, on your website: what is that Kelly green liquid in the volumetric flask your "chemist" is showing us?? PG is not green. VG is not green. Nicotine is not green. Menthol is not green, nor are any tobacco flavorings I am aware of. What is that stuff?? Are we going to vape liquid with green food coloring in it? Why?

He claims his fruit juices were so awesome and catastrophically delicious that he KNEW he could never sell them to anyone, and no one else should sell fruit flavors either, or anything else other than tobacco and menthol. He talks about his fruit flavors like he was smoking crack. Silly.

His endless hypothetical rants about what might happen if his awesome fruit flavors ever got into the hands of a minor were borderline hallucinatory. Has never happened, doesn't seem likely it will happen, would not be particularly harmful if it did happen (unlike far more cheap and available cigarettes), and yet his vision (red-flag word) is to create an entire business model on this flawed logic, which has nothing at all to do with trying to attract more customers.

His cartos evidently defy the laws of chemistry by holding enough liquid to be equivalent to 50 cigarettes, which is roughly 500 puffs. When pushed on the impossibility of this, he defends it like a complete idiot. Well, maybe 40 cigs, so 400 puffs. Not even remotely possible even with a high resistance coil.

His customer service for the inevitable failure frequencies of these cheap products, which he is charging top dollar for, is also puzzling for someone who wants to change the world. Evidently making customers happy even a little bit is not part of his holy vision.

His railing on any and all mods, and the extreme dangers associated with them, namely one person in Florida, is also odd. Probably the worst ecig battery fire was on a plane, with a shipment of cheap auto batts from China, a few years ago...likely the same batts he is using or very similar.

And how brilliant to design an ecig battery that if the mother board fries out... it stops working!! Genius!! This is not a safety feature, dude, its called device death. In the case of your cartos, which are evidently so weak to allow 500 "puffs", its called bad manufacturing. Very typical of the auto batts favored by shyster companies like GN, GS, White Cloud, and the like. Its why only shyster companies use them...they are crappy batts, period, but they are cheap.

And what exactly is going to be "exposed" with CASAA?? Reasonable input from vendors is only smart for a consumer group, and the charter is public info. To me this was truly scary talk. Repeat the word "exposed" enough and maybe people will think there is something unsavory going on in CASAA, right?

Did anyone else think he sounded like a ranting Tom Cruise on one of his recent unfortunate interviews?

This guy REALLY gave me the creeps. The holier than thou attitude which defies any good ecig business model, the preaching and lunatic ranting, like he is nothing but a set of talking points, all of which are counter to a good ecig industry, but totally in line with the FDA, tells me he is what the Bolsheviks called a "useful idiot".

I think he has been bought and payed for. Its the only reason for all this insanity that makes any sense to me at all. This guy is seriously dangerous, and needs to be watched like a Hawk.

Russ, I was very impressed with your gentlemanly way of running this extremely important, and also torturous, interview. Hats off to you for moderating this in a totally professional way. And when this slow train wreck of a man made the stupid mistake of saying that he was glad that few people would listen to this recording, your polite and deadly response was priceless. I had to rewind it a minute or so, as I was laughing too hard to listen. Excellent work!! :thumbs:

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Their web site is weak. There is no way to post feedback. Sean whateverhisnameis has nearly all the blog entries, and you can imagine what they are like. Sean asks how long will it be before we find out about some child getting their hands on a bottle of e-juice? I guess this is a way to make three piece and mods appear to be reckless. To establish their place on the Mt Rushmore of safety, they brag about using "vegetable glycol and ceramics" for consumer protection which is astounding.

No options other than their cheap looking two piece devices with a remarkable longevity. They modestly claim each cartridge lasts like two and a half packs of analogs. Pure Garbage.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Ok, let's see here. Ex-con busted on c-o-k-e and other drugs charges......
Kurt ...
You Crack me up
laughing.gif

Thanks for making my day !!
:toast:

Last edited:

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Also, on your website: what is that Kelly green liquid in the volumetric flask your "chemist" is showing us??

He claims his fruit juices were so awesome and catastrophically delicious that he KNEW he could never sell them to anyone, and no one else should sell fruit flavors either, or anything else other than tobacco and menthol. He talks about his fruit flavors like he was smoking crack. Silly.

His cartos evidently defy the laws of chemistry by holding enough liquid to be equivalent to 50 cigarettes, which is roughly 500 puffs.

And how brilliant to design an ecig battery that if the mother board fries out... it stops working!! Genius!! This is not a safety feature, dude, its called device death.

And what exactly is going to be "exposed" with CASAA?? Reasonable input from vendors is only smart for a consumer group, and the charter is public info. To me this was truly scary talk. Repeat the word "exposed" enough and maybe people will think there is something unsavory going on in CASAA, right?

Did anyone else think he sounded like a ranting Tom Cruise on one of his recent unfortunate interviews?

Actually...... I was thinking this sounded more like Charlie Sheen, who has also just entered into the e-cig business. These guy's should get together!!!!! One's got Tiger's Blood. The other appears to be vaping Alien Blood and they're both completely whacked.

Sean asks how long will it be before we find out about some child getting their hands on a bottle of e-juice?

Yep... cause lord knows we shouldn't sell ANYTHING that might be dangerous for kids. *eyeroll* Let's stop selling any cleaning products. Does this guy HAVE any kids???

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I totally agree...and in regards to this thread, we all know he's an absolute joke/idiot...but can harm the industry for his offensive and illogical stance that the ANTZ, if an when they are able to compromise will side with his views rather than ours...so, I offer this in regards to all that's been said about Mr. Green Nicotine:
jared-dead-horse.jpg

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Understood ...
However, its such a social embarrassment to witness
a vendor sell out (lie) and suck up to the FDA.
It's sickening !!

we're just lucky he's the only one to go this far, there could be a lot more people like him but there aren't thankfully, sure you got people that make the "1 carto= 2 packs" claim but nobody else really goes beyond that. either way we gotta keep an eye on everything this guy does, you never know what he's capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread