Not getting a buzz anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halomation

Nov 6, 2018
So I had a problem with a previous atomizer that went bad in a couple days (but i got one hell of a head rush from that atomizer while it lasted). I did end up keeping it and just cleaning it out. So I later bought a new atomizer of the same kind and it is working. I also bought some new e-liquid with a different flavor and the same 6 mg. It's supposed to be a "premium e-liquid: bean bags 80V (75%VG/25%PG). Before I was just getting the small tester plastic bottles of clear liquid to see what I liked but this new stuff happened to be on sale at a trusted vape store. So I tried it and I'm not getting a buzz at all. It is also MUCH harsher on my throat than the previous e-liquids I've tried (including from friends).
I'm using a SMOK S-PRIV 225W (TC) mod with the "baby-T8" tank I think it's called. The atomizer takes 0.15 Ohms but my mod sets it at 0.162 which I've heard isn't bad. I was vaping between 80-90 W on the older atomizer that went bad but due to the harshness of this new e-liquid I have to turn it down to 50-55 W and even then if I take a big rip I get a sore throat. I've quit smoking (cigarettes and cigars) so I don't need to get back into that.
I just want to know what the possible problems here are. Is it the liquid? Maybe the problem with the faulty atomizer? Or maybe I'm growing a resistance to it? I know that at the end of my usage of the bad atomizer I did need 2-3 puffs whereas at first 1 was just enough for a nice head rush (and i mean it was a really nice buzz). Now I don't get it in the slightest.

Reactions: smacuser

Halomation

Nov 6, 2018
Tolerance is the answer to the buzz issue. Old juice is likely the answer to the harshness issue. If you want a buzz switch to a rda at home.
I would think it would be my tollerance, but before I got new juice I was still getting a good buzz from my old "trial" juice. I don't get a buzz at all from this juice and there was a two day break in between because I needed a ride. That just doesn't make any sense. Also, I don't get a buzz from some of my friends who vape 6 mg. but then again one of my friends has a nice 6 mg. juice that gets me a buzz after 1-2 puffs.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So I had a problem with a previous atomizer that went bad in a couple days (but i got one hell of a head rush from that atomizer while it lasted). I did end up keeping it and just cleaning it out. So I later bought a new atomizer of the same kind and it is working. I also bought some new e-liquid with a different flavor and the same 6 mg. It's supposed to be a "premium e-liquid: bean bags 80V (75%VG/25%PG). Before I was just getting the small tester plastic bottles of clear liquid to see what I liked but this new stuff happened to be on sale at a trusted vape store. So I tried it and I'm not getting a buzz at all. It is also MUCH harsher on my throat than the previous e-liquids I've tried (including from friends).
I'm using a SMOK S-PRIV 225W (TC) mod with the "baby-T8" tank I think it's called. The atomizer takes 0.15 Ohms but my mod sets it at 0.162 which I've heard isn't bad. I was vaping between 80-90 W on the older atomizer that went bad but due to the harshness of this new e-liquid I have to turn it down to 50-55 W and even then if I take a big rip I get a sore throat. I've quit smoking (cigarettes and cigars) so I don't need to get back into that.
I just want to know what the possible problems here are. Is it the liquid? Maybe the problem with the faulty atomizer? Or maybe I'm growing a resistance to it? I know that at the end of my usage of the bad atomizer I did need 2-3 puffs whereas at first 1 was just enough for a nice head rush (and i mean it was a really nice buzz). Now I don't get it in the slightest.
Hi and welcome.
How long did you smoke cigarettes/cigars and how many per day?
Have you tried nicotine salts based liquids?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Halomation

Nov 6, 2018
Hi and welcome.
How long did you smoke cigarettes/cigars and how many per day?
Have you tried nicotine salts based liquids?
Where are you located?

Cheers
I
I never smoked cigars or cigarettes regularly and they were just some from friends here and there. I started maybe a year ago and stopped a month ago. I just didn't like it very much and cigars made me nauseous (plus i never got a buzz off those cheap cigars). I could get a buzz from cigarettes but I know they're horrible for you and don't need that. Also I have never tried nicotine salts based liquids (didn't know they existed). I am in college in western PA, but I live in Central NY.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
if you're vaping to get buzzed, you're doing it wrong, vaping is not a drug (and any drug talk here is NOT permitted)
if you absolutely need a buzz of some sort vape other stuff like Izan mentionned.
In all fairness unless at 0mg vaping is a drug and a very addictive one called nicotine.

The Hanged Man

Oct 16, 2018
USA
'a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.'

Nicotine is absolutely a drug. Of course, it's not what most people typically think of when they hear the word, but it is. It's also addictive. Not sure how people can disagree with either of those statements.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
In all fairness unless at 0mg vaping is a drug and a very addictive one called nicotine.
Not so much as the 4000+ chemicals in cigarettes, i can easily go hours without touching my vape, where'as i would've had a crysis without a smoke for so long.
Imo that's just propaganda for the fda agenda, also nicotine is a drug at the same level as caffeine.

Btw too much nic is still bad for you. Though not as dangerous or addictive.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
3 Disagree's already that nicotine is a drug, the British education system must be rubbish then.

Nicotine is a drug.
Caffeine is a drug.
Alcohol is a drug.

People can disagree all they want, but it's not a matter of opinion. It's a scientific fact.

This attitude, bias, and blindness to fact is exactly what people accuse the people on the other side of the vaping fence of having.

"Nicotine isn't a drug because I take it and it's not as harmful as opioids" is just as ignorant as saying "nicotine is a drug because it causes cancer".

People can believe in whatever they want. That does not make it truth and it does not mean it's not hypocritical.

Not so much as the 4000+ chemicals in cigarettes, i can easily go hours without touching my vape, where'as i would've had a crysis without a smoke for so long.
Imo that's just propaganda for the fda agenda, also nicotine is a drug at the same level as caffeine.

Btw too much nic is still bad for you. Though not as dangerous or addictive.

Caffeine is a drug.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I don't disagree that nicotine is classified as a drug....my issue is with the claim that it is "VERY ADDICTIVE". IMO caffeine is more addictive. There are symptoms experienced when the body is "addicted" to caffeine and it is withheld (headache is probably the most common). I don't personally know anyone who has withdrawal symptoms with straight up nicotine (cigarettes are not included due to all the other crap intentionally added to make them "very" addictive).

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
True, nicotine is classified as a drug, but, it is not commonly associated with those that are known for causing or normally used for catching a buzz of some sort.

Just me, I think the reaction some folks are giving is to the nicotine is ' addictive ' point.
Refined nicotine as used in vaping ( absent of the nasties naturally found in or added to tobaccos ) is no more addictive than caffeine.

Sure some folks can have relatively mild withdraw symptoms from either nicotine or caffeine.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nicotine is a drug. Caffeine is a drug. Alcohol is a drug.
People can disagree all they want, but it's not a matter of opinion. It's a scientific fact.

This attitude, bias, and blindness to fact is exactly what people accuse the people on the other side of the vaping fence of having.

"Nicotine isn't a drug because I take it and it's not as harmful as opioids" is just as ignorant as saying "nicotine is a drug because it causes cancer".

People can believe in whatever they want. That does not make it truth and it does not mean it's not hypocritical.
I agree with this. ^

I don't disagree that nicotine is classified as a drug....my issue is with the claim that it is "VERY ADDICTIVE". IMO caffeine is more addictive. There are symptoms experienced when the body is "addicted" to caffeine and it is withheld (headache is probably the most common). I don't personally know anyone who has withdrawal symptoms with straight up nicotine (cigarettes are not included due to all the other crap intentionally added to make them "very" addictive).
And that would be YOUR experience and opinion. :) My experience/opinion is if I can't vape within an hour's time period, I will get a strong craving for my nicotine, and experience some mild anxiety and a drop off of mental focus until I get my "fix" of nicotine. I don't know if this is a physical dependency or a mental one, but it is MY experience. I only use 3 - 6 mg nic in a sub-ohm setup. I have attempted to vape 0mg nic and its just not the same.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I agree with this. ^

And that would be YOUR experience and opinion. My experience/opinion is if I can't vape within an hour's time period, I will get a strong craving for my nicotine, and experience some mild anxiety and a drop off of mental focus until I get my "hit" of nicotine. I don't know if this is a physical dependency or a mental one, but it is MY experience. I only use 3 - 6 mg nic in a sub-ohm setup. I have attempted to vape 0mg nic and its just not the same.

I get the same problems. My anxiety goes through the roof. Only thing I can focus on is when and how i'm going to get nicotine. Whether that's taking a sick day to go get eliquid, or getting a pack of cigarettes (which I tell myself is no big deal, i'll get back to vaping right away). I look and feel distracted. No productivity, just generally nervous.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
'a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.'
I always thought of nic as a drug personally, but Seems like alot of things could fall into that category. Is sugar a drug? How about chocolate? Both fit into that definition. I think even the other substances we vape are drugs .

Reactions: Letitia

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
And that would be YOUR experience and opinion. :) My experience/opinion is if I can't vape within an hour's time period, I will get a strong craving for my nicotine, and experience some mild anxiety and a drop off of mental focus until I get my "hit" of nicotine. I don't know if this is a physical dependency or a mental one, but it is MY experience. I only use 3 - 6 mg nic in a sub-ohm setup. I have attempted to vape 0mg nic and its just not the same.

Yes...and I stated "IMO" and made sure to add "personally know" ;) :laugh:
Everyone is different with ALL things....but with the term "very" or "highly", I still can't bring myself to buy into that. Opiods are very and highly....and those withdrawals can be and have been deadly. When the terms very and highly are used, in the court of public opinion (which is part of what this industry is fighting here) those terms bring those "highly" addictive and dangerous (legal and illegal) drugs to mind (especially when they keep claiming that "nicotine is as addictive as H.......I really don't know how to put that in here without getting in trouble :unsure: Nicotine is no where near that level.

I have tried 0mg nic too....for me it wasn't the need for the nic, but the taste is very different. I don't necessarily taste the nic, but it does apparently add something to the flavorings....they just taste better for me :laugh: For unflavored, I can do that with no nic....I don't really taste the nic in unflavored, but it sure does something with the flavored liquids (at least for my tasters ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread