Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The poles aren't all in yet...but based on current ballot tallies....I'm giving the nod to the words "highly addictive". The 'Drug" party hasn't conceded yet, but I think it will, eventually.

You owe me @Tim Wiseman ....my stats took a shot running this experiment for you. :lol:

Edited to remind folks....Tim wasn't sure of the reasoning for his post receiving 6 red X's. I was #5 I think. I wouldn't consider nicotine Highly Addictive. I believe it's the other things added to cigarettes that keep people wrapped up, but what do I know?

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I think people here unanimously support age restrictions on vaping. I can't recall any time where the general consensus was to let kids vape. There are some rare niche reasons it might be (e.g. under age tobacco smoker for harm reduction), but generally we agree that kids should not vape.

We also generally agree that e-liquid is nicotine + VG + PG + flavouring. VG, PG, and flavouring being safe ingredients.

If nicotine is not addictive and not harmful, why are we so against underage vaping?

Do you guys hear that? The hypocrisy train is making it's next stop.
Classic invocation of the inner Helen Lovejoy "think about the children!!!!" ;)

It really isnt hypocritical to discuss whether nicotine is less addictive for some people than it is for others. There is no hypocrisy at all in it.
It's actually a needed conversation and needs to be taken away from BT and BP researchers and politicians. Seems to me like people who have experienced nicotine use with tobacco and without it along with people who have only experienced nicotine without tobacco use might be a pretty good resource.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
So I tried it and I'm not getting a buzz at all.

I just want to know what the possible problems here are. Is it the liquid? Maybe the problem with the faulty atomizer? Or maybe I'm growing a resistance to it? I know that at the end of my usage of the bad atomizer I did need 2-3 puffs whereas at first 1 was just enough for a nice head rush (and i mean it was a really nice buzz). Now I don't get it in the slightest.

Welcome to addiction, in case no one else has welcomed you.

Or maybe I'm growing a resistance to it?
You want to yell Bingo, or do I?

Any kind of substance we use will eventually become normalized for our own individual bodies. Those who use the big H do enough to get on the A train and feel good until they realize they're already where A takes them. The next step is to go a block over and catch the B train and so on it goes. The same can be said of nicotine, cherry pie, vodka. You know you have used your substance of choice but you're not feeling it.

You might try bumping up your nicotine content in your juice. I would suggest trying maybe a 9 mg/ml. If that lets you feel the nicotine all is alright. We each have to find our appropriate doses and sometimes we go up, or down. There's a lot of varied vectors (things, processes) which contribute to our individual enjoyment of nicotine. If you're wanting off nicotine try not going over 9 mg/ml. More than that and I think you would lose yourself further to addiction.

I use 18 mg/ml and always have. That noted my case is way funky. I live with Kalmmann's Syndrome, a congenital dysfunction which wires a person's wiring and chemistry a lot more differently than lies within the normal. For me the 18 mg/ml is what I need and not more or less. Yes, my body likes nicotine, caffeine as well. :) One chemical is a stimulant and the other a depressor. One gets you up, the other takes you down.

I find a happy medium with them, yet still seemingly need other medications psychologically, which I'm given to think may not be needed at all. I just need to recall the "don't give a f@!k" and the "sometimes ya just gotta say f&*k it" principles more so in life. I think many folks can benefit from them, if we're all honest.

So, ... yeah welcome to addiction. I'm kind of sorry to see anyone else here but that's life for us all, poop happens, we keep on keeping on. As to the harsh taste in your vape you might try using a higher percentage of VG and cut back on the PG. Some can't stomach the PG good, others the same difference with VG. Most of it is subjective and nobody can tell anyone else the one and definitive way. No such creature exists and if someone tries selling you that, just walk on by.

Well I better get to, ...

Reactions: Doffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread