The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Not Gonna Buy Any More Premixed E-juice. EVER.

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Mudflap, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lethalp

Lethalp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Mud flap, u are after my heart when u say rhubarb! I hope u were not joking, this lil woman right here can make a rhubarb custard crumble that will make u wanna slap yo mama! :p my grandpa grows it and I have eaten it since I was a kid, used to just pick a stalk and chew on it actually :blush:

One of the first juices I bought was rhubarb custard from totally wicked, and it was the first one I bought the flavor concentrate of, so now I can DIY it ;) that was some good stuff! I would be happy to send u some to add to ur DIY if u want. Shoot me a pm and I'll hook u up! I wonder why it is so much more common across the pond than it is here? Hmmm anyway..

I completely get what u are saying about the cost of juice, they like to say its "only" so much per ml, but they are not adding the shipping onto that, so whatever the cost on the site is, is not really the price. It's more, and I know some offer free shipping, but u usually have to spend at least $50, $67? (odd #) $75, or even $100, to get lousy shipping off.:glare: I don't have that kind of cheese either, kind of glad I don't really, I could fill a few rooms I am sure if money was no object :2cool: it's proli good that I have a small budget to keep me in ck. lol

I decided I was going to DIY as well, but I am still in the, working on my kit, stage, sort of slow going when I still have to buy premade and hardware...slow going. I just pick up a few here and there ( gee, if I only had my $200 back from that green smoke kit :() and I watch for sales.

Good luck with your DIY, I have been reading alot myself, I def have ecf overload most days :vapor: just my :2c:

2. tricci

tricci Super Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Mudflap brings up a really good point (among many), where do many juice vendors get off charging so much for juice? I mean between $10.00 to $22.00 for 30mls plus another $3.00 to $6.00 for shipping??? The vast majority of good juice is in the $15.00 to $22.00 dollar range. Am I missing something? Do they have costs that justify such a high price tag or are we getting hosed?

3. Lethalp

Lethalp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2011
    Indiana
    O I rambled on so much I forgot what my question was

Who does have the most expensive juice per ml? ( not counting wta )
    Who has the least expensive? (Dekang I assume?)

4. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    Lethalp: Rhubarb flavored DIY is a running joke here in Reoville coined by Rob himself when he described his failed attempts at DIY. It never occurred to me that anyone would actually want a good rhubarb juice. :laugh:

tricci: I don't believe anyone is getting hosed on the cost of premixed juice IF they're willing to pay what the vendors are charging. I've just reached the point myself where I'm no longer willing to pay for what they're selling. That's the great thing about the free market. I'm voting with my wallet. :)

5. davelog

davelog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    Economics. Stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it. As long as people are willing to pay a buck per ml, other people will charge them that for it.

6. whatitstrue

whatitstrue Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ.
    My isues arnt so much with the cost. Allow that is a factor. My main issue is when you do find a juice you like it dosent always tatse the same or sometimes not even similar to what you had before from the same vendors. I do have a few vendors I like and are well known and have a rep for quality. But its the same thing with them occasinally. You get a batch of bunk juice that is unvapeable. And Il vape almost any juices. While I dont know if Im gonna give up on all pre-mades yet. Id like to free my dependence on venders juices with options of my own.

7. Big Hitter

Big Hitter Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Binghamton, NY
    I would budget up to those cost for what ever replaced owning a car ..... And if I came out ahead I would feel pretty good.

I think the only way you should not compare the cost to cigs is when you quit vaping all together.

8. wongster360

wongster360 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Washington
    I started vaping last March and the avg cost of a 30ml bottle of juice was between $10-15 now it's $15-25 depending on where you go and what you order. My first couple stabs at DIY we complete fail until a friend of mine dumbed it down for me a little lol I've been enjoying my own creations for the last month now and as far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to go. You're literally vaping for pennies on the dollar vs. vendor pricing.

Mudflap, thanks for saying what everyone is thinking! :)

9. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    I used to budget tips and beer money to be spent during occasional nights out at various "gentleman's clubs." I replaced that activity with marriage and fatherhood. Guess which one is more expensive?

Point taken, Tim. It's not wrong to buy premixed juice if you feel like you're getting your money's worth. I'm sorry if I failed to communicate that.

10. tricci

May 7, 2011
    Philadelphia
    I suppose I have a love/hate relationship with juice vendors. There are some juices I love and don't want to be without, however most of the time I order I feel like the prices should be cheaper (heck free shipping would make me happy). I hate being dependent on vendors who could raise their prices at any time or can't keep up with the demand for their juice. I hate that I can't make juice that tastes as good as theirs. I would love to vote with my wallet, but my taste buds won't let me :facepalm:

In a sense I've voted with my wallet in that I use a less expensive juice as my staple and the more expensive juices as a supplement. I would love to vape premium juices everyday, but that would put me at $780.00 per year on juice at minimum and I refuse to pay that much for juice each year.

You've brought up many good points Mudflap, thanks for starting this thread.

11. SammyT

SammyT Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    I have always wanted to mix my own tobacco juice that I like, not sure if I would be good at it, but I am thinking more and more about taking the plunge. How much would start up costs be if I vape 18 mg do you recken... Not to hijack your rant thread mudflap :facepalm:

12. Big Hitter

Big Hitter Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Binghamton, NY
    No problem, like your automobile analogy if we could make our own gas there would be a lot of people doing it :D

Nothing wrong with cutting down on expenses any way you can.

13. canoeist

canoeist Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Piedmont, SC
    A quick start would be nic,pg,vg = $20 Cylinders/syringes/etc = $10, Flavorings = $40++ (this is where the cost is, hunting what you like), Bottles which you probably have.

Excluding shipping I am making what I vape daily for less than $2.00/30ml.

14. Decidion

Decidion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Washington State
    I totally agree. I've only been vaping for a month or so and I am already on the edge of DIY. I don't see how the "other" type of eCig users (the pen style folks with the one use cartos) even break even with the cost of all the replacement batteries and such when you add in the juice price.

I've only been buying in bulk the last few purchases when I find a 40% or 50% off sale.

I did have to stop and buy 10ml from a place called the Vapor Lounge in Spokane the other day because I left my bottle of juice at home :facepalm: and it was $9.99 FOR 10ml!!! I'll never go there again!! And it isn't even that good ;\

15. AmnNate

AmnNate Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    I agree with this here rant! I've been DIY for a couple months now and haven't bought any vendor juice as I try to recoup my costs for DIY starting. Now I only plan to splurge for vendor flavors I LOVE! Other than that, I'll stick with my super easy, wicked strong carmel-menthol, lol. Good luck and encouragement with all your DIY ventures.

16. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    I've been thinking about DIY for a long while now. Stopped buying juice about a month ago and trying to finish off what I have left. Not going to wait that long since it's going to take me about another year. So, I'll be trying DIY in the very near future. It'll save a bit more money so I can get more mods LOL

17. PayleRyder

PayleRyder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Cary, NC
    I primarily vape my own DIY creations, but I do still order vendor juice on occasion.. But from only two vendors: VaporCast and RawrVapor. The flavors i order from them have always been consistent no matter when I order or from what batch they are mixed from.

18. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I've been DIYing my own juice (and lots of it for my locals....neighbors, friends and such) for over a year now. If you buy in big enough quantities, it's practically free! (Ha. Just kidding....but it is very, very, VERY cheap to make it.) It's (IMHO) the only way to go. The biggest expense of a 30ml bottle of juice is the bottle. And since I reuse the same two or three bottles over and over for my own juice, that's not a problem. If I give juice to friends/family, they bring the empty bottles back clean, and I just re-fill them with their favorite juice. It's how I can afford to buy a new REO when I get the itch. That's a much better use of my money. I don't NEED fancy, expensive juices from over-priced vendors; I NEED a roomful of REOs..... LOL

19. tricci

May 7, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Spoken like a true mod collector. I feel you, I would much rather spend my money on mods if I could.

20. wickedalibi

wickedalibi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2010
    montana
    I got frozen Rhubarb, canned Rhubarb, and this spring fresh Rhubarb!!!! Let me know if ya need more!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.