Not Gonna Buy Any More Premixed E-juice. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonsbabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Texas
DIY is so easy with the ejuice me up calculator. I just put in how much nicotine and then how much I want it to be and it does all the calculating. Too easy. I can do 60/40 pg/vg for me and all pg for my husband. It is not hard at all. Believe me if I can do it anyone can!! I can take 36mg nic and reduce it to 6mg for me in nothing flat. I don't have to do math and I can change anything I want in it. I usually make two to three 30ml bottles at a time. They all take the same amount of pg, vg, nic and flavoring. Just a different flavor for each bottle. And you don't need a bunch of stuff to do it either. I have two disposible shot glasses from the dollar store and two different syringes. One syringe is the standard one with needle which I poke into the flavor bottle thru the dripper. And the other syringe is a big ten ml one with no needle. Just pour pg, vg, and nic in shot glasses and suck up (lol) the amount I need and put it in the 30ml bottle. Easy as pie! Don't let DIY scare you cuz once you do it and find flavors that you like you will be in vaping heaven!! Oh yeah found out the hard way about wearing gloves!! The higher nic the more you need gloves. But just get the lowest nic juice that meets your needs and you have less chance of it making you sick. Then when you get the hang of it, get the higher nic and save even more!! Sorry about this being so long, but everyone needs to know that it isn't hard with the right ejuice calculator!! Vape on peeps!

Last edited:

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
so I want VG even though my PG % is much higher? I swear I am going to stop asking at some point and just move on.

To me trying to do this would be like trying to learn a foreign language. I swear it looks like that to me.

also, what makes me nervous is cleaning the stuff. You are not supposed to get this on your skin. How does one go about cleaning?

That was for 70%vg 30%pg. I thought that is what you were using. You would just have to switch the vg & pg and use nic in a pg base.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
+ one on the calculator. I'd be lost without it. :)

DIY is so easy with the ejuice me up calculator. I just put in how much nicotine and then how much I want it to be and it does all the calculating. Too easy. I can do 60/40 pg/vg for me and all pg for my husband. It is not hard at all. Believe me if I can do it anyone can!! I can take 36mg nic and reduce it to 6mg for me in nothing flat. I don't have to do math and I can change anything I want in it. I usually make two to three 30ml bottles at a time. They all take the same amount of pg, vg, nic and flavoring. Just a different flavor for each bottle. And you don't need a bunch of stuff to do it either. I have two disposible shot glasses from the dollar store and two different syringes. One syringe is the standard one with needle which I poke into the flavor bottle thru the dripper. And the other syringe is a big ten ml one with no needle. Just pour pg, vg, and nic in shot glasses and suck up (lol) the amount I need and put it in the 30ml bottle. Easy as pie! Don't let DIY scare you cuz once you do it and find flavors that you like you will be in vaping heaven!! Oh yeah found out the hard way about wearing gloves!! The higher nic the more you need gloves. But just get the lowest nic juice that meets your needs and you have less chance of it making you sick. Then when you get the hang of it, get the higher nic and save even more!! Sorry about this being so long, but everyone needs to know that it isn't hard with the right ejuice calculator!! Vape on peeps!

moonsbabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Texas
Ok update!! Just got my orange cream and fuzzy navel flavors in the mail! Just made 30ml of each. Just loaded the Little Red Riding Reo Mini with the orange cream, and am now back to heaven!!! Haven't had any in a while. Now I remember why it is my favorite!!! Good thing I just vape 6mg!! Takes a while to get that nic buzz!!

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
I have purchased from exactly two vendors, and neither were very good. When I first started, I ordered a 30mL bottle and a 10 mL bottle from one vendor. I finally gave the rest of it away last week. Then, I bought a dozen or so 6mL bottles when a lousy vendor was selling them for 39 cents each. I figured at that price, at least I'd have bottles for my REO. I think one of the dozen was vapeable, but none were good.

9 months of vaping, and almost all of it my own brew. Wonder if mine would taste good to anyone else? I don't have much to compare to...

moonsbabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Texas
From....................? :)

VaporRenu. I always order 4 bottles of flavoring every time. Two for me and two for my husband. It is $6.49 for 30ml for most non tobacco flavors. And I get points which I use every time to get some money taken off. I should save the points and get some free! Oh well!

BlueWater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
US Virgin Islands
I'm a month or 2 into DIY. In that time, I've vaped alotta so-so juice and some has gone down the drain. I bought alotta flavors and the first step was to see what flavors I liked. Simple. Add a small amount of flavoring to 0 nic juice and try it. Some flavors were keepers. Some flavors were "maybe if they were combined with something else" and some were "aw, hell no!!" OK, so step 1 was to identify the "I'd rather frickin' die first" flavors and get them outa the mix. :)

Determining what flavors blend well with others (and at what proportions) is trickier and more time consuming. It will be an ongoing hobby, if you will, with delicious rewards when things click just right.

I am starting to see success. My last 3 batches were all centered around a blend of 2 tobacco flavors that I really like. All 3 batches were the best I've vaped to date. Cool. It's time to mix up my first large batch and let it steep.

How are your math skills? Simple algebraic equations? Remember the "something over something equals something over something"? Cross multiply and divide? That was the single most useful thing I ever learned in school.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Curse you all... :p I'm sitting here staring at a DIY starting kit I just assembled from wizard labs. I shouldn't be thinking about this! :p

:laugh:

The only thing keeping me shopping for DIY stuffs right now is all the premix sitting on my shelf at home. Most of it is so-so and I'll vape it just so as to not totally have thrown away so much money. It's like settling for an off brand instead of your favorite brand when you were smoking. Not great, but better than nothing. And you sure ain't gonna throw them away. :D

BlueWater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
US Virgin Islands

The only thing keeping me shopping for DIY stuffs right now is all the premix sitting on my shelf at home. Most of it is so-so and I'll vape it just so as to not totally have thrown away so much money. It's like settling for an off brand instead of your favorite brand when you were smoking. Not great, but better than nothing. And you sure ain't gonna throw them away. :D

Pick up some flavorings, Tripp. You can start by tweaking that so-so premix you have.

canoeist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Piedmont, SC
www.mcleanweb.org
VaporRenu. I always order 4 bottles of flavoring every time. Two for me and two for my husband. It is $6.49 for 30ml for most non tobacco flavors. And I get points which I use every time to get some money taken off. I should save the points and get some free! Oh well!

That is a good price on flavoring.

Vegastar

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI

I have an order still in transit! But it sounds like such an entertaining hobby to take up... I'll bite my wallet and wait for payday...

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
Not a bad idea. But I was looking forward to not spending any money for a while. :lol:

Got the VV Woodvil fund burning a hole in my pocket!

I hear that... I'm new enough to the REO world, and I'm dying for a full size woodvil... I like the big bottles and I already have a bunch of 18650s... VV will be icing on the cake (even if I do have to buy new batteries)... also dying for a Kick for my Grand (again with the new batteries)... So much cool stuff "right around the corner"... and the new tank from Cisco for my Provari, and.................

I thought this was supposed to be cheaper than smoking! And, I'll live longer, so I'll end up spending WAY more on this stuff than analogs!

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I have no answer for the previous question, but would like to add for those of you considering DIY for the first time to take a simple approach. For your first juices, I recommend using a single flavor. It will help you build confidence on making more complicated creations down the road. For example....Apple Pie or Lemon Drop are sold as a single flavoring. You will find it is surprisingly easy. And take your time. Measure twice, cut once=double check your calculations.

Excellent advice and it is how I started, it really does help build a basic knowledge of mixing your juice :)

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
RTSVapes.com is cheaper, and of very good quality as well... I think they're cheaper than MFS, even with 30% off, but I'm not sure.

I've used both, and you really can't go wrong either way...

Oh, and one more bit of free advice, take LOTS OF NOTES!!!!! WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING!

Edit: 125 mL for $18? Ok, I was wrong. They must have changed their prices since I last ordered from them. I'd be all over that...

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
myfreedomsmokes is having a 30% off sale on nic juice with coupon code 30nic. I could make 625ml of 20mg nic base for 48 bucks including shipping, or just get 125 ml of 100mg nic for 18 bucks (all with out shipping) :blink:

Check out other supplies there also. They have good prices on the 3, and 6ml bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread