• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Not just survival... Zombie Survival!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
From my backyard.:D

Attachments

• Black 021.jpg
    Black 021.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 38
  • Christmas2 010.jpg
    Christmas2 010.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Dat Off 018.jpg
    Dat Off 018.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 1 004.jpg
    Picture 1 004.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 1 005.jpg
    Picture 1 005.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 48

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I have a special photo of my main nighttime guy somewhere around here. He's my special nighttime stealth ninja squirrel with infrared night vision. Chuck Norris isn't the only one who crouches and waits! Well, my guys kind of lay down and wait!

BTW, the black ones are really Eastern Gray Squirrels. They're called Phase Gray Squirrels.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I've nursed a couple back to health. They at times kind of setup triage in my garage and me and the wife make sure that they have water and food and a warm place to recover.
Before the mean old power line people came and cut down all my trees, we used to watch 3D squirrel races. They'd chase each other around and up and down the tree trunks at full speed.
BTW, Factoid - there's never been a reported case of rabies from a squirrel according to the CDC. Ticks me off when people talk about squirrels spreading diseases. This is not what they used to have on their website, but...

Small rodents and other wild animals
Small rodents like squirrels, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rats, and mice) and lagomorphs including rabbits and hares are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to transmit rabies to humans.

CDC - Other Wild Animals - Rabies

Hope the little fuzzie had a happy life after his fall.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Oh, that's just not right!:(

yeah PETA and other rights groups were calling for a boycott on traveling to amsterdam for a while because of it...

I mean they were chinese squirrels (comunists) being sent to a fur processing factory in greece.... and didn't have all the right paperwork to be shipped

but I don't know exactly why people think a wood chipper is an appropriate or humane device to destroy an animal... (there was another incident with farmers here in the US (california) using one to destroy something like 30,000 chickens) http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/1896/farmers_put_live_chickens_in_wood_chippers/

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
They didn't pick to be born in China, the poor things. :( I'm not a tree hugger or a PETA pet, but, somethings are just wrong! I always wonder how the person who thinks this crap up would feel if the situation was reversed.

I won't even go "Squirrel Fishing" anymore, it's cruel to them little furballs.

yeah back in the day we used to just catch em and shave the tails...realize now that it's cruel...but at the time ...well it was slightly amusing when they first figure out that their whole balance dynamic changed... (and the fur did grow back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread