Not that it happened, but how it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
REALLY? Then WHY did you bring it into the conversation in the first place?

Obviously, instead of dealing with the matter at hand, (your vaping and an employee being against it) you CHOSE to bring her weight into the conversation, which has NADA to do with the situation. None at all.

If she had bad teeth, or thinning hair, you would have made fun of her for that. Not very adult.

I do find it rather humorous that she is described as passive aggressive after seeing some of the comments on her weight here though. :lol:

If this is the way "executive" level employees problem-solve, I'd say there's some distinct lack of training or experience or personal growth going on here.

I'm going to stand by my statements on this one. She made the topic about "health", not me. Her 'lifestyle' at work is quite clearly the opposite of what most of us would consider healthy. I changed my life when I quit smoking, from unhealthy and overweight to health(ier), now active and fit, and at my target weight. I did it without having to tell my co-workers not to eat donuts in their office. THAT'S caring about your health.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Most of my ejuice has strong scents.

Respect you for the respect you give your job, and the elderly there. I really can't imagine vaping away at a retirement or nursing home esp. not in situation you describe---Seems like flavoring smells and vapor clouds, even if smallish, would not be at all appropriate in that setting, and you made that call which is very professional.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The most unfortunate part of this situation is simply that now that she has 'leverage' over me about this vaping issue, it becomes a political problem if I ever attempt to address her attitude problem, even with her superiors or HR, because she can and will claim that I'm retaliating because she complained about me.

So now I get to walk on eggshells around her. While she scowls at me.

This is a vaping forum and I try to stick to that topic (mostly :rolleyes:), but I get the feeling the biggest part of this issue is the part of your post I quoted above.

I can't help but think you must have experience in dealing with difficult people and in problem solving. If I were in your situation I would use the tools I know and the resources at my disposal to deal with it as best I could. And then move on to more important things :)

I've always felt the less emotion I put into business decisions the better the outcome was for me. I don't know how much leverage she has over you now, I'm in Canada and the political and legal situation could be very different here, but it doesn't seem to me that you have much to worry about if you handle things the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread