Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Did I tell you guys the major damage my youngest daughter had to her house? Ice and wind storm. She's been in a hotel since.
    29791116_10208735230217443_5651382316767166500_n.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Anyway she just got approved to have a trailer put in her yard to live in. That's what she wanted most so I'm very happy.Est. came in at 160k and she paid 180k for the house. 3 Foundation blocks will be replaced,Major damage to her downstairs office,entire 2nd floor will be removed and replaced. New decking and stairs for her back deck that was damaged by huge limbs.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    That's gonna be a lot of work to fix that house...I came within $300 of paying for my mobile home at the beach after Hurricane Fran...After seeing what hurricanes can do everything else down there is El Dee spec and has weathered many hurricanes....Just takes the right one to flatten everything though....

Left the garage door remote crippled o the sun visor in Mom's car that I sold last week...Dude was a cop and I hope he gives it back or else I gotta get a remote and change some codes...One dang thing is true....Dee don't trust no dang poleese....Been cracking right along....today I began stacking rocks along the creek bank in preparation for some backfill....It's brutal....those damn rocks are heavy...

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Did a makeup dive class for a couple of students who can't come next Monday. I'm very happy with the progress, and Monday will be simpler with only 3 students.

Tomorrow's the dive shop open house, DW and I will go for 3 hours. Wifie will work the grill, I'll help on discover scuba diving.

Sunday will be back at the shop, so I can finish the scuba review with dw. She hasn't been diving since our honeymoon, and we want to go reef diving when down in FL. Nobody else will be there (I've got keys and the shop manager knows I'm using the pool), so there'll be no rush.

The new headphones came in. I'm a happy camper, hadn't realized how much I missed high quality music. I've been listening to remastered Pink Floyd, George Benson, Grateful Dead, and Zappa's Watermelon in Easter Hay (a beautiful, haunting, guitar piece). The noise canceling works great, and the aptx Bluetooth connection is very good (everything is mp3 320K encoded, better than I can hear [emoji5]).

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Mark I got a notification from Orange guitar amps showing their new headphones...I didn't dig into it but Orange makes some Mack Daddy stuff for dang sure....

First move with the rocks was secure the creek bank....then move back just a bit and add the largest rocks I had down the line of the rocks on the bank....now I've filled in behind the second line and ready for line three ....then fill behind that.....thinking that way I can make my wall more vertical than if I just let the fill dirt control the angle....Anyway you look at it I'm about tired of rocks and dirt....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    The Orange headphones do look sweet, though I'll stick with the AKGs for now. The price was great, they checked out okay when they arrived. On ear, noise cancelling, and Bluetooth 4 aptx; good for home and work, looking forward to trying them on the lawn tractor at camp [emoji5]

(Left mower deck got messed up end of last season. I'm hoping it's a bad or slipped drive belt - I'm not getting the kind of noise I associate with the actual blade mount being broken [had one of those a couple years back, when the deck was set too low and caught a big root])

Today's music has been Frank Zappa - Guitar and some Candy Dulfer jazz. She's an alto sax player, a lot of fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread