Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Good luck Bov !!!

I managed on Monday and Tuesday to get the beach storage building's roof high and tight....I salvaged the tin from a brand new but blown down in Hurricane Fran chicken house...so it had nail holes not necessarily where needed and some extra silicon was required...still it was free and has been there @15 years....All new screws and siliconed to the hilt....Waiting on being there in a monsoon before I say it's done....It was rough on my legs to say the least....Got my flavor from Bull City and my red Pulse 90 from VaporDNA....MFS is dragging on my Profile and the bottles I need for my new juice flavors....the Bay also dragging on my 21700s....I had to place multiple orders to get what I wanted.....Insurance adjuster for the beach called when I was @30 miles into the trip home...He was leaving for his home in Mississippi at 6pm and called me at 4pm....tired from the roof I refused turning around....I also didn't care for being stuffed in with him leaving for Mississippi in an hour....my paperwork and pics were also at home....New appointment and new adjuster is Tuesday at 9:30 am....We'll see....I gotta finalize my list and pics and not really gonna get into much more than that until I see where I stand with insurance....Looking to get my juice mixed and been reading some info on Rayon....I can really see no negative with Rayon and the cut style is similar to the Wotofo cut I'm using with the Profile....With what I've read about how Rayon wicks and the Profile getting hit with juice directly under the coil everything looks very promising and I'm gonna give it a whirl....Needing to slide by my hairstylist's shop and get a couple of feet....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Mark most videos I've watched have 44060 Cellucotton from Sally's....Never had it in my hand but looks like I can fit most of a piece in the Profile...I most like the longevity of Rayon....If everything said about performance is true it looks like the best wick choice to me.....I've already been it the thread you linked but THANKS!!!

MFS still hasn't handed over my package to the USPS....I haven't called but my guess is the black profile they showed in stock wasn't....I could live without that for a while but the 500ML bottles I ordered are needed...Gonna head down to Fayetteville here in a minute and do a little shopping....I'm needing some military bud pants that actually fit...The wind is blowing colder by the minute it seems...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Glad you got some good work done at the beach house, Dee. It's always a good thing when you can salvage materials instead of having to spend more money.

I'm about ready to start planning how I want to do a little patio from pavers in the back yard. I want to build it a tad higher than ground level, so I'm thinking maybe stack and spike a double layer of timbers for the outer border. Dig the grass out of course, but put my base gravel and sand inside the timber border. Good idea? Bad idea? Suggestions...?

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Preparation for the brick patio will ease brick installation...Determine height desired....Frame edge with 2X4s with top at desired finished height...Fill with mortar sand and use 2X4 frame to screed and level sand...then saturate sand with water as this will pack it solid....add sand as needed until level....then add bricks...sand on top of bricks worked back and forth with a broom....water that in...at that point I'd either set bricks the long way around the perimeter in mortar or reframe with 2X4s about 8 inches out and fill with concrete...It'll take longer this way and it will be plenty of work but it will still look fine in 20 years....

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Glad you got some good work done at the beach house, Dee. It's always a good thing when you can salvage materials instead of having to spend more money.

I'm about ready to start planning how I want to do a little patio from pavers in the back yard. I want to build it a tad higher than ground level, so I'm thinking maybe stack and spike a double layer of timbers for the outer border. Dig the grass out of course, but put my base gravel and sand inside the timber border. Good idea? Bad idea? Suggestions...?
    This sounds fine to me. I'm sure Dee's way is better but a whole lot more work.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    If you would be happy with an 8' x 8' area, 3-1/2" above the lawn level, 4 4x4 ground contract pressure treated posts would work well. Tie the joints at the 4 corners together with 2 4-1/2" or 5" structural screws (8 total screws)

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Power-Pro-5-...ted-Hex-Head-Structural-Wood-Screw/1000365413
    Or
    Simpson Strong-Tie 4-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SDS Structural Wood Screws (10-Pack)-SDS25412-R10 - The Home Depot"+structural+screw&searchtype=text&semanticToken=201100000+>++st%3A%7B4-1%2F2"+structural+screw%7D%3Ast+cnn%3A%7B4%3A0%7D+cnr%3A%7B8%3A0%7D+cnb%3A%7B9%3A0%7D+oos%3A%7B0%3A1%7D+pt%3A%7Bscrew%7D%3Apt+lca%3A%7B562649%7D+qu%3A%7Bscrew%7D%3Aqu

Make sure to get a driver bit for whatever screw you use.

I like Lowes' selection for the screws, they're a nice rounded edge at the head.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Thank you for the suggestions, both ways sound good. I suck at working with concrete tho :blush:

I went outside yesterday to do some work and all of a sudden, the absence of Chase hit me like a freight train. I just sat on the back steps and let the waves roll over me. I know it's going to take some time before my thoughts of him make me smile more than cry :wub:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Thank you for the suggestions, both ways sound good. I suck at working with concrete tho :blush:

I went outside yesterday to do some work and all of a sudden, the absence of Chase hit me like a freight train. I just sat on the back steps and let the waves roll over me. I know it's going to take some time before my thoughts of him make me smile more than cry :wub:
    Bo what you need is a new puppy and there's a lot of them at the shelters that need a new home with someone to love them. It won't replace Chase but it will help to fill that empty hole in your heart and some puppy has a lot of love for you.

Good mornin and happy Saturday to all.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Somewhere out there tonight is a dog in need of love...Find him/her Bov !!!

Threw down in the mixing room today....2500 Mls in the bottles.....Lime-ahh-licious and Lemon Creme Doughnut added to the usuals....Still no package from MFS...I checked last night and the items I ordered are all shown in stock as they were then....Customer service answers calls Monday~Friday....figures....At least the new flavors can steep while I wait on my RDA.....Was gonna hit the Sally's and grab a box of rayon but instead I hit the recliner.....

About six kazillion limbs and one tree about eight inches at the stump burned today....Thanks Micheal and Florence !!! Still a few limbs here and there but there's always a burn pile here somewhere....Still got a pile of rock from when I built up the wall on the creek during my septic tank adventure...Wanting to line the creek bank behind the shop...Building it up there will help keep the shop safe in future hurricanes and I'm damn sure there will be more....Gonna hit the Sally's and then the rocks tomorrow....35~40 gusts predicted along with a cold front though....So no freezing rocks or not....

Dang old military BDUs I wear non stop are sized s/m/l/xl in the waist....They got adjusters on the sides to take them up a couple of inches each side...My new problem is I'm right between M and L....L is a bit bulky everywhere else when adjusted all the way in....M is a shade tight all the way out....I scored two new but issued size M pants yesterday for $10 a pair....Added time to the dryer while they were in there so I could get back with a failed attempt at the damn lottery last night...They should be shrunk up good.....175lbs....I'm but a twig....That cold front coming I'm gonna test those BDUs tomorrow....

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    5cs is right.

Our house was really empty when Heidi and HonerDog passed a week apart. Jasmine adopted us at a local shelter a week later [emoji3]
    I have a Jasmine too.
    YEFVQQl.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread