markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Happy Thanksgiving!

A brisk one in CNY. It's been 5F for the past hour, likely getting cooler tonight.

(That's actual temp, not wind chill. [emoji3])
ea9af9ee70a44821be6e1f12d3f24d6a.jpg

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Here's hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving !!! I allied low and had lunch at Sis'....Still no check from the insurance...I went down too the beach and finished the yard cleanup minus the downed tree....Kahzillion pine cones and limbs were burnt...Needing to head back down and bring the mower back here so I can free up space in the storage building for the bedroom sheet....Gonna pull some siding from the front of the house to check for a leak as it looks too me as if the bathroom floor is getting worse....Gotta hit the mobile home store beforehand for some J channel though and that's been closed for a while with this holiday....Yard was almost dried out and then last night the rains came big time....It's wet out again....Temps not impressive either and I caught shade from a friend earlier at the grocery for having a boggin on...Wet....rainy....windy and cold...Told him it was easy to see who hasn't been outside other than to get in the car....Got my new heater mounted to the wall but so far I've not went and purchased the tubing for the LP....'Bout 200 skins for the good tubing....Been cleaning the crib a little here and there as well....Eyeballing a Ranger pickup with 80K on it....belongs too the State of NC and at a youth development center down east...1997 model two wheel drive extended cab white with blue insides...Looks fine but a trip down is in order before any bids are placed....@900 now and it will go up some I'm sure but if it's a good truck there's room left for me to place my bid.....Last one I got for $843 and sold for $2800 after driving it 30K.....Just wanting to keep the miles off my Taco and Dodge if possible....A whoopty truck is what I call it and everyone needs a whoopty.....Still though I might bid and I might not....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
This was the first Thanksgiving in more years than I can remember that I wasn't responsible for making it "special" for everyone else. I've never been a big fan of the big turkey dinner, so I cooked exactly what struck my own fancy...a pot of white beans with bacon, onions, and garlic, and a pan of cornbread. It's still hard to be in the kitchen without Chase under my feet begging, but those thoughts are starting to make me smile rather than reducing me to sitting in the floor crying. This year in particular, I have SO much I'm grateful for and I spent the day content in my peaceful solitude :wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This was the first Thanksgiving in more years than I can remember that I wasn't responsible for making it "special" for everyone else. I've never been a big fan of the big turkey dinner, so I cooked exactly what struck my own fancy...a pot of white beans with bacon, onions, and garlic, and a pan of cornbread. It's still hard to be in the kitchen without Chase under my feet begging, but those thoughts are starting to make me smile rather than reducing me to sitting in the floor crying. This year in particular, I have SO much I'm grateful for and I spent the day content in my peaceful solitude :wub:
    So glad to hear that,Bov:wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread