Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Good luck with everything Brother!!!!

Thinking about you @Wharf Rat

I wish they would get you in sooner,Wharf.

I wouldn't be happy either, Wharf!

Wharf I’d be concerned as well that they aren’t getting you in. Hopefully this will all be behind you soon.

Thanks y'all... I really appreciate all the support..... I AM looking forward to see Kia and the Boy for 3 days over the weekend :wub:

Goldie I hope you and hubs get well soon :nun:

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
You be careful with all that work ElDee! Make sure you are eating and drinking enough as well.

It is my pleasure to help these folks out. :) Week two went much better now that I know what to expect. I even went and bought some styling supplies of my own bc I don’t like the kind my aunt uses. (Brushes are rough on the scalp and i am used to working with another type)
One lady is 104!!!! Bless her heart. She is the sweetest little thing but apparently complains a lot and says everything in triplicate. (Ex: it’s cold, cold, cold...it hurts, hurts, hurts) Two other residents in the salon were hollering at her for complaining. I’m sure they are tired of hearing it bc they live there with her but I couldn’t help but think “you leave her be! At 104 years old, she’s earned every right to complain all she wants!”

Then I had an older gent thinking he was Nemo and decided to “touch the ....!” Hahaha ( I kid you not) I was bent over a bit styling a ladies hair and well, the opportunity was just right there. I don’t believe he knew what he was doing, just wanted my attention....and he got it. I straightened up in a dang hurry! Lol

I find myself wondering what these people did earlier in life, where they lived; were they married with families? Were they happy? What happened to them that they ended up there? All those things cross my mind and then I think, oh girl don’t get too involved or attached...it’ll hurt when they pass. And it will because as much as I tell myself not to get too attached, I still will. I’m just happy to be able to pamper them some right now. :)

Time to catch some Zzz’s! Good night all.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Echoing what Fran said above!!

Tracy...LoL at the old man!! I know the politically correct reaction should be a scolding, but it's just too dang funny :lol: If it happens a 2nd time, then tell him hands off!
That’s exactly what I did, and will for sure do in the future. :lol:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Dr started me on lasix yesterday for my ankle and foot swelling...brb, gotta go pee :blush: :lol:

Actually it hasn't been that bad. Supposed to take it 3 days, and if the swelling comes back, 3 days each time it returns. He told me I needed to get a recliner. I told him I'd be happy to get one if he's inclined to either give me a house warming gift, or convince my insurance it was medically necessary ;)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Got those mower blades yesterday...Snapper is serviced and cutting grass here at home...Cub is ready for service and it's trip back too the beach...Filled the Dodge with fuel for the trip....The yard down there is needing a cut for sure...I described my left knee pain to my Doc....one word reply.....arthritis...Back on the tumeric as of yesterday and the knee feels much better this am...Raining pretty heavily....

I thought lasix was some form of eye surgery......I looked at many used recliners on the craigslist...Finally I scored this one at the going outta business auction....

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hi all. I haven’t read all posts yet. I did not see the posts just above mine when I posted last. I was sicker than I had been in a very long time.

@Wharf Rat i am so sorry that they are delaying your procedure and causing you stress that you surely don’t need. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
LD, sorry about all of the wind and rain. I could have told you it would happen over the entire state. They just poured our concrete ahead of the monsoon. Ha!

Bov, I am sure that you already know it but. Be sure to eat a banana or some cantaloupe every day while taking that Lasix!

Thanks for the getvwell wishes. We are MUCH better now. It was in our chest and I feared pneumonia. I think that I mentioned it was viral pneumonia combined with other issues that landed my husband in icu for 3 months and almost took his life years ago.

We don’t let anything linger in the chest for more than 3 days without seeing the dr.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
monday-so-we-meet-again-36-photos-18.jpg

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Just in from another run at that beach floor....Got the hub the toilet bolts to removed....that required cutting the pipe below floor level as all that stuff is glued together....Removed the shut-off valve from the toilet water supply and added a plug for time being...It didn't leak even though I'da bet it did......Chiseled glued on OSB from the top of the floor joists for the remaining time....Yard there is getting wild.....mower was still here though....I finished the Cub's yearly service earlier....Tried to wash the Dodge but the temps got a little chilly just before sundown.....Tomorrow's another day......

Couple days back a tornado passed directly over my home....I was returning from the grocery when the phone went berserk...that led me to the weather radio and then the local TV station....Tornado touched down briefly about 2 and then 4~5 miles away....Was an EF-0 but still.....Sheet on that....I felt like a dumb ask when I heard the local weather guy say take shelter now.....don't wait until you hear the tornado....I was 1/2 in 1/2 out of the back door listening for the tornado....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread