Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Here's hoping everyone had a Happy Easter !!!

Just back from the beach yet again...Floor is framed and ready for the OSB sheeting....Glad of that....There's a small section on the other side of the room that may need the same treatment...I'll have to see about that later....It's a big relief having the framing done where the window was blown out....It'll be a bigger relief looking at new flooring.....Now with all this rain the grass is way outta hand here at home....Time to find my sombrero...

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Mrs W and I went to American Easter sunday.... We have Greek Easter Saturday night at midnight. With the service and then goat or lamb and rice stew. We get home around 3am.

Bestest news I've had for a while.... A co-worker's wife works at a cardiac cath lab across town. I'm going to another cath lab and I told her who my Dr was. She said that all the nurses and staff love him and that he is patient and explains everything. needless to say I am feeling much better.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
4a327eb6e1866f413845b7c8d60647b7.jpg

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
We had some wicked winds yesterday as that cool front moved thru. All the rain stayed north of us, (sorry Dee) but we had tropical force winds that brought lots of limbs and some trees down around the area. No damage for me, just a messy yard to clean up today.

Dee, didn't you vape/diy a a juice that had lime in it? I'm curious about the recipe :)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
The juice is Lime Ahh Licious a name I threw on it...I've got @ 240MLs on the shelf and the recipe is still here I think....I posted it here once for Wharf...You should have the flavors from my leftover stuff...I'll check for the recipe....

I checked and my recipes hit the trash when I quit.....I can remember cleaning up the composition book while I was on rest orders....Wharf may have it and it's posted on this thread...It's named correctly that's for sure....It's a lime smack up side the head....

Weather has been very windy with some monsoon periods thrown in for good measure....Got a set of valve cover gaskets for the Dodge dually today....It's a Cummins 12 valve so 6 valve covers....Yepp.....Gonna change the oil as well and there's 11 quarts total...9 quarts oil and 2 quarts Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer...72 bucks for the gaskets/oil/filter.....That's with a heavy duty discount at the parts store and I had a gallon of the Lucas on hand already....Spent the rest of the day washing a winters worth of crud off the Tacoma....The never ending struggle for survival had me in the Fayetteville Home Depot yesterday picking up 19/32nds OSB board for the beach floor....Lowes is a big Hell No on that....19/32nds isn't a dead match in height but very close....Now if I can get that OSB down there and screwed down things will still be a dang struggle....Why they gotta make so many thicknesses of OSB and what the Hell ever happened to 1/2 and 3/4 inch???? 19/32nds.....Well OK

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Thank you, Dee...I'll search the thread for the recipe. The juice was loaded in one of the squonkers, and Pokey and I both liked it! I gave up on most anything citrus-y because it makes the inside of my mouth raw, vaping the rest of what was in the squonk bottle didn't do that :)

That's a big work load...keep taking care of yourself!!

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
What page Bov? I looked for you too, as I did copy a bunch of what we all shared here onto a notebook but Lime-Ah-Liscious was not amongst them.

I like naked 100 Straw Lime so I might dig that too! :)

Well, week 5 of “settin’ with the oldies” and my aunt is leaving me at noon to finish the day solo! She has to have tests done before she loses coverage...and tomorrow’s the last day. She also offered for me to work 1/2 day on Wednesday there to help her finish what we don’t get done in her absence tomorrow. I guess we will see by how many are still needing hair-dids by end of day.

I’ve come to look forward Tuesdays and throwing it back to my roots. :) Those oldies are pretty cool too. <3

P.S.- my daughter coined the phrase “oldies” (lovingly of course) when she worked as a social worker in a nursing home. No disrespect intended from us.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Tracy, it's on page 800, here's the recipe I copy/pasted in an email to myself...

Lime Ahh Licious

Coconut FA 6%
Key Lime Pie TPA 3%
Lemon Meringue SC Real Flavors 2%
Lime Tahiti Cold Pressed FA 3%
Super Sweet Capella .8%

This is Dee's recipe as posted. I made a couple of changes when I mixed up a batch last night.

Left out the Super Sweet (I used an 80% VG base, and it has always made my juices sweet enough for me)
Didn't have the Lemon Meringue from Real Flavors so subbed Cap's Lemon Meringue Pie
Added Bavarian Cream FW 1% (Because I'm the Queen of Bav Cream!!)

Finger taste test is OMG good! I'm gonna let it steep a week or two so the creams and coconut meld and take off the rough edges of the citrus.

Morning everyone! :)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I can never wait for steeping before giving a new juice a test drive, and Dee's Lime Ahh Licious is definitely a keeper! I am looking forward to how it will be in a couple of weeks :)

And sheet...guess who's next on the ultrasound table! I've been having gallbladder pain for about a week and a half, hoping it would go away. I've had attacks a few times a year for the last 10 or so years, but it never lasted more than a few hours. This time there has been no such luck. I had an appt today to get a Hep B vax and my Dr overheard me telling his nurse about the pain (I wasn't scheduled to see him for the vax) He jumped in and said he'd get an ultrasound ordered and get back to me with appt details. Said hopefully it can be scheduled by Thurs or Friday. With the prolonged pain, I'm fully expecting they will want to remove my gallbladder.

He said I would have to eat a no fat diet the day prior to the ultrasound, and fast after midnight. I stopped on my way home and bought a tub of Salted Caramel ice cream to celebrate :lol:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Sorry to hear about the medical items popping up. I've got my fingers crossed that last year's arthroscopic and couple of BCCs will get me a pass on stuff this year (one can always dream). I did pick up a wide brim hat for camp, am getting better about sunscreen (a fair skinned Irishman).

Continuing my slow weight loss, down 8 pounds so far. 4 for my near term target, then the clock resets for another 10 [emoji3]

Thinking I'll have to do some flavor shopping, that lime mix sounds excellent as we head towards summer [emoji106]

Any particular shop carry most of the flavors?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread