Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Yeah it's pretty hot here....I've been at the beach painting and needed @1.5 days to finish....As luck would have it I'm needed here at home...Trust this....Painting popcorn ceilings is a pain in the buttocks...Just when you've got a good coat on there a piece pulls loose and there's a dark spot and then there's that piece now stuck to the roller....Small bathroom and bedroom took 2 3/4 gallons...Little more than the gallon I purchased that would be more than plenty.....The bath is a light blue and the bedroom is Arctic Grey....One of the 50 shades????? Maybe....It's very light and looks white in the can.....

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah it's pretty hot here....I've been at the beach painting and needed @1.5 days to finish....As luck would have it I'm needed here at home...Trust this....Painting popcorn ceilings is a pain in the buttocks...Just when you've got a good coat on there a piece pulls loose and there's a dark spot and then there's that piece now stuck to the roller....Small bathroom and bedroom took 2 3/4 gallons...Little more than the gallon that would be more than plenty.....The bath is a light blue and the bedroom is Arctic Grey....One of the 50 shades????? Maybe....It's very light and looks white in the can.....
    You are almost done, now?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    I've logged 68 work hours from last Friday afternoon through today (72 counting Friday morning) . The proposal that was supposed to go out tomorrow will stretch one more day, until late Friday evening.

Along with that I've had about 8 hours of water heater replacement fun. Right now we have hot water, but it's a temporary fix until another one becomes available - darn store sent out three separate water heaters, with all 3 having obvious, deep, impact dents (since the reason for the replacement is an early tank failure, product with obvious impact damage is simply not acceptable); even the installers agreed that they wouldn't accept any of the heaters.

Anyhow, looking forward to a little time off starting Saturday [emoji3]

I picked up a pulse X on a whim (very good sale), felt like trying 21700 batteries and love the red g10 panels. The batteries work great and, even better, the mod can use the same silicone bottles I got for my mech squonkers (much easier to see the liquid level)[emoji106]

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Yeah.....Nobody wants a dented water heater....

I was born in 60....for years and years all we heard was Hurricane Hazel in 54....It was a bad storm...I remember Diana hitting in the early 80s...I got the beach house with Dad in 93....he died in 95....In 96 Bertha and Fran bullseyed Surf City and it's been one hurricane after the other since....I don't expect it to calm down in my lifetime.....

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    My daughter, her fiancée and puppy are somewhere in South Carolina this week vacationing. They’ve said it’s very hot!!! The puppy is having a great time romping around on the beach later in the day when it’s almost sun down.
    The sunsets and rises are gorgeous, but I don’t know how you all can bear that summer heat!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Nope, no damaged replacement is acceptable! Hoping for a good replacement water heater, and some much deserved R&R, Mark!

We can always hope for a quiet hurricane season, Dee...but I'm afraid you're right.

Tracy, that's the reason I hibernate in the summer instead of winter! We've gotten some much needed rain last night and this morning at least. Hope the kids have a great vaca!

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    After the last hurricane I noticed a large pine with it's roots popped up and straining to hold on...Not leaning bad but it will hit the storage building if it falls....Couple days back I noticed it had died....@60 feet and rather large at the base...Tree/storage building blocking it's path to the ground....I guess its cut the tree out front and then the dead one....I may check into one of those man lifts as the neighbor's privacy fence is also close...Either way it best hold on until it cools off a good deal.....Never will it end....

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Hi guys and gals. Please excuse the photography. I'm wondering if anybody remembers this buck boost controller and what they were called or where I can get one. I've scoured the internet trying to find one.
    tnTD5uD.png

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    There's a bunch of. "buck boost converter" products available online, it depends on what ranges you want.

Amazon seems to have a decent selection:

Amazon.com: buck boost converter: Electronics

(13 hours today - 1 more day and I get some time off [emoji3])

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    There's a bunch of. "buck boost converter" products available online, it depends on what ranges you want.

Amazon seems to have a decent selection:

Amazon.com: buck boost converter: Electronics

(13 hours today - 1 more day and I get some time off [emoji3])
    I looked at them but the nice thing about this one is it started charging at the highest amps and decreased the amps as the charge went on displaying them and being able, with the potentiometer, to set the voltage. All the ones I saw you had 2 adjustments, one for the volts and one for the amps and it requires a screwdriver. I was hoping one of the members that were on ecf 10 yrs. ago would remember this one. We were building adjusable passthroughs then and many used this controller. I've been using it to charge everything for yrs.

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    I was there and remember the buck boost....That's about all though....

Dang old wax seal blew under the toilet this am....I saw a stream of water when I flushed....Instead of wax I went with a Flowmaster rubber gasket....It allows you to reposition the bowl when you get the tank bolted on if the tank and wall aren't even...I've always been lucky spotting the bowls against the wall and was today as well...I like that I could loosen it and adjust though....that would compromise a wax ring...Wax will also be compromised when plunging a toilet...wax isn't made to hold against much pressure...All the wax had to go so I took the toilet outside and washed it good...90% of the wax remained on the flange screwed to the floor...Putty knife followed by a sheet load of scrubbing with an alcohol soaked rag...Got most of the wax gone and so far there's no leak....guaranteed 10 years so we'll see....Gotta do the same with the beach toilet here in a few days....Hope those rubber gaskets are an upgrade....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread