Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Word is Cuzzo with the corona is getting better......

For the last couple of days Cuzzo and I have been working on getting those sliding glass doors installed...We've got all the interior trim removed and de-nailed....One door in....3 to go....If Cuzzo feels like working tomorrow we'll get another in....He was lazy today so I masked up and went to Lowes for door shims and a couple new power driver bits....

That lake house had one of those blue bird houses on a tree...I tried to get it back in the winter but the tree had grown over the mount...I checked the other day and it wasn't in use so I got it....It had an aluminum roof that looked like it had been drug down the highway...There were actual holes and grinding marks....How that happened I got no idea....Anyways a new roof is installed and I gave it a good scrubbing.....Monsoon this am gave it a power wash.....Soon as it dries I got a can of flat brown paint at Lowes to make it last a while....Gonna throw it on a tree in the least snakey place I can find....

Lake house was owned by a family with the last name of Gould....Like the roof on that bird house just about everything we found over there was fekked up one way or another....Those 4 sliding doors???? Yesterday I went to install the handle on door #1....I opened the first box with the interior handle...The second box had another interior handle but it was stainless instead of white....I figured it was stainless because it was an exterior handle so I tried to install it...There was a turn lock though and I couldn't figure out why as all you would have to do is unlock it and come on in...Turns out there are 3 total stainless interior handles that aren't needed....there were 3 interior whites and 1 exterior white...There should've been 4 white exterior and interior handles....We're gonna install the doors and hope Pella sends them to us so we won't have to bother Cuzzo's Ex....One little bump in the road with her and it's meltdown city....Seems that house has fought tooth and nail....We call it the "Curse of the Goolies"{Gould}....Anyone know a priest that specializes in exorcisms????

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
So glad to hear that the baby bird and Cuzzo are fine!

LD, meant to tell you that I didn’t like the sticky vg in my homemade hand sanitizer either. I use aloe Vera or plain old hand lotion works too. Neither will feel sticky like the vg once it dries.

Glad to see that you guys are still staying safe. Seems some people think that just because we are opening things back up, we are out of danger. I have a bad feeling this will not go well. Hoping that I am wrong.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Cuzzo continues improvement.....

I believe it's gonna be a good while until this virus is under control...It was unavoidable.... I had to hit Lowes last week for door shims.....Right by the shims which are near the doors is a lady with 2 kids and a Lowes person blocking the whole damn isle....I had to wait and finally had to ask them to move....then at the register there's another family with kids in tow....What the Hell they doing with kids in Lowes....It's a high risk situation and immediately identifies them as complete idiots....

We got the four sliding glass doors installed....It was murder....Last door there's a hole blown through the floor from the weather....Got the outside sill plate {2X8}, a couple of also 2X8 floor joists and the OSB floor....It's gotta be fixed before the door goes in....We make a mad dash home and luckily I had enough 2X8 lumber and OSB to handle the job....5 hours of intense labor later we proceed to installing the door....Being the situation getting paid and the floor repair is costly we cleaned everything up Sunday and went into a holding pattern...We had to re-frame the 2 outside doors that were stationary and are now sliders....That re-framing is gonna require new molding outside and inside...Inside will require new molding on all four doors so it will match....So check or no molding, caulking or foam in the gaps....That dang foam is $12 something a can and probably gonna take 4 cans....Big thing is those bass turd doors are installed and not sitting in the garage anymore...

Now I gotta wait until Thursday to hit the beach and cut the grass....I'm sure it's as high as a giraffe's buttock...Gonna haul the Cub cadet back and service it....Needing to get Mother's Day squared up....Pretty sure I got a MD card when I got Sis' birthday card....Then I'm gonna try and get Mom's kitchen painted as that's been hovering like a black cloud....Gotta get paint and supplies though....That's not much fun these days.....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I can understand kids in tow if you have no one to watch them, and IF you are doing essential shopping, but that doesn't seem to be the case most of the time. Here, Walmart is like family adventure day every damn time I have to go! When there are 3 women and 8 kids in a bunch, you know it's not an essentials run. I've started going to Food Lion, even tho they are more expensive.

My baby birds are gone...I guess the feral cat that seems to live under one of the houses next door got them :cry:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A whacky weather year.

We re-winterized camp yesterday, emptied all the water lines and put anti freeze in all the drains.

Last night was a hard freeze, today we had snow though it's finally made it to the mid 30s.

I ordered a second skullkandy design Alchemist, this time it's the carbon x (carbon fiber impregnated ABS) 3D printed. The non-CF one I picked up last Fall has been simply rock solid, an excellent performer with the Sterling silver contacts and 510 connector.

I've got a really nice sounding coffee bean coming in, awesome cupping notes [emoji3]

Last edited:

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Yes, we too were busy bringing in all of the planters, and hanging baskets over the weekend to avoid the freeze warning. Turned our heat back on too. Plthhhhh! Hard to imagine that the pool will be going up in a couple of weeks. But it will indeed! Looks like that’s going to be the only form of summer fun we are going to get up here this year. Staycation it is!!!

My girls are taking an interest in the birds this year with all of this quarantining going on. One is wanting a bird feeder and the other a hummingbird feeder. Sometimes it takes something like this to appreciate what we take for granted.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
We had snow that stuck for the day a few days back.

Here's to hoping tonight is the last hard freeze of the season (we've had them something like 6 out of the last 7 days, though temps after tonight are supposed to be upper 40s and higher).

The new bean is good, lots of flavors coming through [emoji3]

My new Alchemist might show tomorrow, with any luck.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We had snow that stuck for the day a few days back.

Here's to hoping tonight is the last hard freeze of the season (we've had them something like 6 out of the last 7 days, though temps after tonight are supposed to be upper 40s and higher).

The new bean is good, lots of flavors coming through [emoji3]

My new Alchemist might show tomorrow, with any luck.
    The new beans sound tasty.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    No snow here but it sure was cold for May!! I’m not at all sure what my beloved Japanese lacy leaf maple will look like this summer. It surely isn’t looking good right now. :(

I’m planning to go get a few hanging baskets for the yard this weekend and pressure wash the fence so I hope last nights freeze warning was it until fall. Heat is still ON in my house. A/C’s are in windows, but heat is still on. Smh...This year is CRAZY!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread