NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I agree with Fran...great idea, Mark. Another thing I don't miss from living in Ct is honking those window ac units in and out of the windows. Especially the two upstairs BR ones. My new home has central heat/ac, but I have tucked away a good chunk of replacement cost since my unit is a 2003 model. So far it still works very well, but is beyond the average expected life span.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I agree with Fran...great idea, Mark. Another thing I don't miss from living in Ct is honking those window ac units in and out of the windows. Especially the two upstairs BR ones. My new home has central heat/ac, but I have tucked away a good chunk of replacement cost since my unit is a 2003 model. So far it still works very well, but is beyond the average expected life span.

Hi everyone.
The central air we had was about 25 years old , twice in its lifetime had to replace the fan which was tedious and once a capacitor which swelled and went kaput . A few years back fan quit again and replaced the whole unit.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
It’s beautiful here today, but Maddie is down with a throat infection which we believe started with swimmers ear. :(
The doctor called in an antibiotic this morning. We call his office on Monday to let him know how she’s doing.
What a relief! I didn’t expect to reach him at all bc it’s the weekend.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Get well soon wishes to Madison !!!

The beach central a/c is from "93....mine here at home "98....They're still going good....Now that I've said that LOOKOUT!!!!!!

Every home improvement store nearby is out of 5 inch 8 hole sandpaper.....That fact had me attempting the ceiling repairs with grit finer than I needed....I checked the Home Depot website and saw fresh stock about 40 miles away....I got it and when I hit the ceiling with the proper grit the sheet hit the fan...Long/short from popcorn removal to my finally quitting in disgust was 2 weeks....I kept thinking if I just kept digging I would finish tomorrow.....The hole kept getting deeper....I've got six sheets of sheetrock in the trailer and I'm gonna start putting it up tomorrow....2 weeks shot to Hell and to top it off I'm worn down big time....Dangitt.....

I'm a white dude living in the South....There was a time when I was proud of that....Not the white thing but the South thing.....These last few years have left me not so proud anymore....Being that I'm white and a Southern male people have been mistaking me for something I'm not....Some of the things I've heard this past week about people of color....it's disheartening....I've taken to out talking some people and changing the subject before they can finish their hate speech....I've gotten funny looks but I don't skip a beat.....What they really need is a brick in the teeth....There are good people down here but some for dang sure idiots as well....Trust this.....I'll never forget what I've heard and who said it....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Happy to hear Maddy is on the mend :wub:

Dee, it's not just a white male thing because you'd be surprised at the things I've heard, too. Here in the south, as well as in New England! I have become quite direct in the shut down of ignorance. I will tell someone in a hot second not to talk that sheet to me! But I have noticed that being back in the south, some folks act like I'm somehow "betraying" my whiteness by standing up for people of color. I don't care what color someone's skin is...I care what color their heart is. FYI, I get the same treatment for being a staunch never Trumper!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Happy to hear Maddy is on the mend :wub:

Dee, it's not just a white male thing because you'd be surprised at the things I've heard, too. Here in the south, as well as in New England! I have become quite direct in the shut down of ignorance. I will tell someone in a hot second not to talk that sheet to me! But I have noticed that being back in the south, some folks act like I'm somehow "betraying" my whiteness by standing up for people of color. I don't care what color someone's skin is...I care what color their heart is. FYI, I get the same treatment for being a staunch never Trumper!
    I couldn’t care less what people think and I believe you’re the same.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    How I spent my off Friday - living the dream!
    ad88ebe56fdbe58b5cd82a333e6ba8e0.jpg

We could tell something was messed up in the leach field, so I spent a lot of time digging today. The "gozinta" pipe (water from the septic side) is deformed, I'm thinking a bit of ground heave from the winter.

I've got a call in to a guy who does this kind of stuff. If he responds, great, else I'll wing it.

Weird thing is that I found a couple of stub pieces of conduit and a single 90 elbow. Even though the photo indicates two gozouta pieces I'm thinking one is dead/unused.

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    That does not look like fun! Good luck with it, Mark.

My fence guy is going to come out on the 22nd to see what we want to do with my back steps. I'm hoping for a small deck, but I expect my budget is more in line with just a bigger landing and steps.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That does not look like fun! Good luck with it, Mark.

My fence guy is going to come out on the 22nd to see what we want to do with my back steps. I'm hoping for a small deck, but I expect my budget is more in line with just a bigger landing and steps.
    Hopefully you can swing what you want.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The sheet saga continues.

Looks like I'm back to the actual base problem point. Within 3' of the fence, angled towards it -hopefully I'll find clean pipe before there [emoji3]
    efb9329bf0abd55b5832a8b7ea6535b1.jpg
    You have no distribution box?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No idea where one is.

Where I did the initial dig, where seepage was occurring, had a small pan, about 18 x 27 inches, but no top or connections.
    That’s where one should be but it appears you don’t have one. IMO it would be a good idea to put one in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread