NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That's all really good news, Dee...except for the high cholesterol. Very glad to hear there is no trace left of the Hep C!! You've been under an awful amount of stress lately, and this is a good reminder to take better care of yourself. :wub:

Wharf, YAY on Kia coming home! I know how excited you and Mrs. Wharf are!! Please follow thru on your medical tests to ensure you have many many more trips around the sun :wub:

Happy Bella Day!! As far as I know, all went well with the spay, and I will be bringing her home later today :)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Bella is home! She wants no part of the bed of blankets I fixed for her, but she will get more comfy as she feels more secure :wub:

Bella 2_1_2019.jpg
BellaIsHome.jpg

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Woohoo!!! That is the best news that I have heard all day, Bov!

Bella does look a bit nervous but so darn cute! She will soon be right at home and love you just as much as you already live her. It truly warms my heart to see another animal lover give an animal a great home.

Kudos to you, Bov

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I am one of those people who sleeps with a fan on for the white noise, and Bella was scared of it so she slept in the living room. When I got up, she was curled up at the foot of my computer chair :) So far so good on the house training...no accidents during the night. She is such an affectionate girl, and that's a plus in my book!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Was adding receipts to my checkbook this morning and discovered Petco was having one of their low cost clinics for 2 hours this morning. I got Bella there in plenty of time, and now she has her Rabies, is microchipped, and has 6 months worth of Heart Guard. All of this was only $82!! Vet said her spay incision looked very good, and she weighs 29lbs. SPCA had given all of her other vax, so she is good for a year.

I felt very insecure when I posted on FB about anyone who cared to donate to her adoption fees, but this is exactly what those of you who donated are helping me cover, and I can not find words enough to express my gratitude! Thank you is all I can say :wub:

Oh, and the vet said the same thing I've been thinking...she thinks Bella is a Borgie!! Border Collie/Corgi mix :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran, how are you doing? Taking care of yourself? And how is your GD?
    I'm doing ok. At my daughters this weekend again, Gd got an offer today from a breeder in upstate NY for her choice of a pure bred dalmatian pup for free. She'll be headed north tomorrow to get him. Cried when she read the offer but later it was great to see her smile.Thinks she found an apartment where she can have a pup. Plans on signing the lease as soon as possible. She already hit the pet store.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I am one of those people who sleeps with a fan on for the white noise, and Bella was scared of it so she slept in the living room. When I got up, she was curled up at the foot of my computer chair :) So far so good on the house training...no accidents during the night. She is such an affectionate girl, and that's a plus in my book!

I must make time to stop on here more often. Had a really bad day today but this really brought a smile to my face.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm doing ok. At my daughters this weekend again, Gd got an offer today from a breeder in upstate NY for her choice of a pure bred dalmatian pup for free. She'll be headed north tomorrow to get him. Cried when she read the offer but later it was great to see her smile.Thinks she found an apartment where she can have a pup. Plans on signing the lease as soon as possible. She already hit the pet store.

More good news. So good to hear some positive things happening for your gd, Fran. You and your family are good people. It really is true that what comes around, goes around :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Hey Bov, next time you need any meds or nail trim, vaccinations, etc look for a pet vac in your area. We have them here in the entire state. It is a vet that sets up a camper in a store parking lot or similar. They make the rounds to certain places once per month and are extremely reasonable. They do everything that any vet would do minus the office visit fee and the high prices.

I knew that Bella has border collie in her. The more that I look at her picture, the more that Corgi makes sense.

That girl will be running the show before you know it! Ha!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Fran, I'm so glad to hear you GD has a new reason to smile! Such a devastating experience will never be without pain, but kindness from others sure helps you feel less alone with that pain. And the same goes for you :wub:

Salem, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time too. And I know it'll get worse before it gets better. Please remember that we are all here for each other as best we can be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread