NRT Product Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Exactly. You see the same thing repeated every December thru January. Resolution themed wares advertised for those that believe in resolutions.
Is vaping like that, too? I never hear of anyone having switched from smoking as a New Year resolution.

If anyone reading this is considering switching January 1, my advice would be why wait? You'll probably be wondering why you did, if you do.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Makes sense.
I freezer-stash 30ml bottles just because I use so little, and make so little at any one time, and I don't want an opened bottle to be opened over and over and over and over... by using out of 30ml bottles, it's used up before it has much of a chance to oxidize and degrade. But i still keep my opened bottles in the fridge, just to keep them from light most of the time, and it keeps it out of my way, in one of the shelves in my fridge's door.

It's also easier for me to stash smaller bottles; the boxes that a dozen 30ml bottles are shipped in, fit perfectly in the bottom of my freezer, and I stack them, with the boxes numbered so I know which is the oldest.

If you make large quantities of juice at a time, and use a high mg level, then sure, half liter bottles are probably fine, provided you have sufficient space to stash bottles that large in your freezer. Personally, I think the argon gas may be overkill, but whatever floats your boat. :D I don't worry about luer-lock caps, just because I stash such small bottles. Two different ways of preventing excessive oxidation in a bottle that's being used-out-of.

I buy such small bottles because I don't have a great deal of disposable income at any one time; the VapersTek TH nicotine is the best price I've seen on small bottles, $10, and that's an easy amount for me to come up with, nearly anytime. That way I also don't have to buy too many 30ml bottles too often. My stash is incremental, starting in the summer of 2014, to the present.

Andria

I was thinking about transferring some of it to smaller bottles and diluting that down to maybe 30 or 40 mg/ml. Makes good sense to buy over time and date the bottles. I wonder how much time we have left--guessing at least 2 years. After that it will depend on how long it takes the FDA to process applications. There's no reason to believe they'll approve 100 mg nicotine for sale to the general public. There may not even be any applications for concentrated nicotine solutions. I do have a good sized freezer and I'd like to stash 20 years' worth, but it may be unrealistic to think it will stay good that long, even at 0 deg. F. At my current rate, 1,000 ml of 100 mg should easily last me about 3.5 years, so 20 years is about 6 liters.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I wonder how much time we have left--guessing at least 2 years.
Really hard to say right now. At one point, it looked like liquid vendors would only have 6 months to register as tobacco products manufacturers. I'm not sure how daunting that process is. Then again, it also looked like only those who sell "finished" products would have to go though any of these hoops, leaving a big loophole for DIY supplies. The question is, would the FDA leave that loophole and allow such products to be sold to people who are not registered tobacco product manufacturers?

I do have a good sized freezer and I'd like to stash 20 years' worth, but it may be unrealistic to think it will stay good that long, even at 0 deg. F.
There's no reason to believe it won't either. We've got at least one member who has pulled 5+ year old nic out of his freezer and reported no noticeable change.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Is vaping like that, too? I never hear of anyone having switched from smoking as a New Year resolution.

If anyone reading this is considering switching January 1, my advice would be why wait? You'll probably be wondering why you did, if you do.

The year I actually quit, 2014, actually it *was* a resolution for the year, to seek some actually effective means of quitting; I already had tried a couple of disposable e-cigs and didn't care much for them, but I was "resolved" to explore the matter further -- I got here on Jan 24, '14, to do that very thing, learn more about the subject -- got my eRoll at the end of Jan, some experimental ejuice the next day, and tried to vape, but 18mg was 200% too strong. I got some 12mg the day after that, and it was 100% too strong. Once I got some 6mg, I started vaping regularly, and by the end of Feb, I had quit smoking. It wasn't so much a "new year's resolution," as a resolution to quit before I had smoked for 40 yrs -- and I accomplished that, even counting the relapse later that year; I smoked only about 3 months total of 2014.

I have this graphic on my website, illustrating that:

visual-smokefreetime-smlr.jpg

:)
Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Makes sense.

I was thinking about transferring some of it to smaller bottles and diluting that down to maybe 30 or 40 mg/ml. Makes good sense to buy over time and date the bottles. I wonder how much time we have left--guessing at least 2 years. After that it will depend on how long it takes the FDA to process applications. There's no reason to believe they'll approve 100 mg nicotine for sale to the general public. There may not even be any applications for concentrated nicotine solutions. I do have a good sized freezer and I'd like to stash 20 years' worth, but it may be unrealistic to think it will stay good that long, even at 0 deg. F. At my current rate, 1,000 ml of 100 mg should easily last me about 3.5 years, so 20 years is about 6 liters.

It really doesn't make any sense to dilute it; just takes up more space, and may affect the taste of the juice you make with it, since you have to use a lot more to get the level you want.

No idea how much time we may have left for stockpiling. In light of the congressional idiocy we heard about yesterday, I'm going ahead with continuing to stockpile for as long as I possibly can. Someone recently pointed out to me that we've so far seen that nicotine stored in a freezer for 5-10 yrs remains quite viable, losing VERY little of its potency -- think someone said that stored for 10 yrs, it might degrade to possibly 90mg? That's still a pretty strong concentration -- another good reason not to dilute.

I'm fortunate to use such a low level, and be a tootle-puff vaper -- at 5mg, <5ml per day, 20 yrs' worth is about 1.5 liters. :D

Worst-case, if the taste of it goes off after a lengthy storage, you could use it to make DIY pesticide. :D

Andria

Reactions: bigdancehawk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
It still baffles me how someone can quit tootle-puffing 6mg, but hey, I guess it shows how we're all different. :)

I suspect because I had smoked ultra-lights for 20+ yrs -- if you'd tried them, you'd probably have torn the filter off. :D But I think the 20+ yrs of that is why I needed WTA -- I wasn't getting a lot of nicotine, but probably a full dose of the other alkaloids -- so it didn't take much nicotine to make me nauseous, but at 10mg or less, it also wasn't enough, once I had the relapse and appendectomy-recovery to deal with -- my guts were in such a terrible uproar, that a month of smoking was necessary, because I didn't yet have any WTA. Once I finally put them down again, I was still trying to recuperate from the surgery, so I still needed the other alkaloids, and I think that's why I had those ungodly cravings, even when I DIDN'T WANT to smoke at all.

Andria

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
It really doesn't make any sense to dilute it; just takes up more space, and may affect the taste of the juice you make with it, since you have to use a lot more to get the level you want.

No idea how much time we may have left for stockpiling. In light of the congressional idiocy we heard about yesterday, I'm going ahead with continuing to stockpile for as long as I possibly can. Someone recently pointed out to me that we've so far seen that nicotine stored in a freezer for 5-10 yrs remains quite viable, losing VERY little of its potency -- think someone said that stored for 10 yrs, it might degrade to possibly 90mg? That's still a pretty strong concentration -- another good reason not to dilute.

I'm fortunate to use such a low level, and be a tootle-puff vaper -- at 5mg, <5ml per day, 20 yrs' worth is about 1.5 liters. :D

Worst-case, if the taste of it goes off after a lengthy storage, you could use it to make DIY pesticide. :D

Andria
Or if I get sick and tired of my wife I can always put it in her martini. Based on your sage advice, my plan now is to put whatever I need over the course of a few months in a small bottle and store it in the fridge, hoping nobody mistakes it for premium sake.

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Or if I get sick and tired of my wife I can always put it in her martini. Based on your sage advice, my plan now is to put whatever I need over the course of a few months in a small bottle and store it in the fridge, hoping nobody mistakes it for premium sake.

:D That's funny. When I first started doing the freezer-stash, my husband says "That's fine, as long as it doesn't end up in my food." :lol: I said, don't piss me off then -- didn't anyone ever tell you that pissing off the cook is a very bad idea? ;)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread