Nudge 22 owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitchy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Haverhill, UNITED KINGDOM
please advise me as to why I'm not getting this rda? I've put one of the coils in that was in the box ... fused Clapton at 0.25 ohm, running on a squonk mod at 20 watts.... flavour wise I was expecting more, clouds are fine, but flavour is what I was looking for. I've put the smaller air hole cap on, and using the 510 driptip... any ideas? Do I need more watts? Maybe I should try a simple coil build of 0.8 ish?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
please advise me as to why I'm not getting this rda? I've put one of the coils in that was in the box ... fused Clapton at 0.25 ohm, running on a squonk mod at 20 watts.... flavour wise I was expecting more, clouds are fine, but flavour is what I was looking for. I've put the smaller air hole cap on, and using the 510 driptip... any ideas? Do I need more watts? Maybe I should try a simple coil build of 0.8 ish?

Try bumping up the watts slowly, in 5 watt increments, until it gets to be a good vape.

If that does not work, try readjusting the coil some to change how the airflow is hitting the coil (like if the airflow is hitting the sides of your coil try lifting it a little so it hits the coil a little closer to the bottom). Small adjustments to the coils placement can make big differences in vape quality.

fitchy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Haverhill, UNITED KINGDOM
Try bumping up the watts slowly, in 5 watt increments, until it gets to be a good vape.

If that does not work, try readjusting the coil some to change how the airflow is hitting the coil (like if the airflow is hitting the sides of your coil try lifting it a little so it hits the coil a little closer to the bottom). Small adjustments to the coils placement can make big differences in vape quality.

Lol thanks, just realised my af was out of line with coil.... much better now... only thing is I've now got a whistle!! Lol

yakaki

Apr 8, 2018
They are? That's strange.... because some of them are good and some suck.
There isnt really a difference between the wasp, nudge22, narda, hadaly .... practically the same, build quality changes, but you need to be an elitist douch (or a youtube reviewer) to brag about a difference in vape...

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
There isnt really a difference between the wasp, nud
There isnt really a difference between the wasp, nudge22, narda, hadaly .... practically the same, build quality changes, but you need to be an elitist douch (or a youtube reviewer) to brag about a difference in vape...
Lol...ok

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yeah all I use is single coil RDAs. Have a few doubles, but never built them yet. I just prefer singles.

That being said, I vape unflavored juice and could easily tell you the which were which between the following if I were vaping them side by side (not even considering flavor obviously)

1) Wasp Nano
2) Pulse 22
3) Dead Rabbit SQ
4) Recurve
5) Nudge 22
6) Hotcig Castle

All of them are very different if you'e used them for a while and compare them. Airflow characteristics are very different on the RDAs above. Some of them respond very differently depending on the coil you put in them and how it's placed.

I had a hard time picking a favorite between the Nudge and the Recurve when the Recurve was released. But that doesn't make them the same or vape that similar. The airflow is smooth in both for me, but still very different. I'm still not sure I have a favorite between the two, I use them both daily. However they are NOT the same vape, lol.

I don't consider myself an elitist douche. I don't buy expensive equipment. I've just vaped the above enough to notice they have different airflow characteristics and I could probably tell them all apart, even vaping unflavored juice.

Every little detail in an RDAs build deck, airflow intakes, RDA cap, coil type, placement, wicking, etc all affect the way it vapes. Stating all single coil RDAs are the same is like saying all 4-cylinder cars drive the same.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
To the OP - All I use with my Hadaly RDAs are simple single wire kanthal coils. You might try some 26 or 24ga wire in your Nudge 22 at 3mm, 5 wrap, which will get you around .5-ohms (with 26ga, lower with 24ga). That should vape pretty well at 20-25w and still give you decent flavor and vapor. As a bonus you should also get better battery life.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Just got two Nudge 22s in the mail. I installed a 0.23-ohm SS clapton in one and I am vaping it at 35w with the max airflow cap and it is giving me a great vape - warm and flavorful with plenty of vapor using max VG juice. Loving it.

Glad I bought two.
Glad you're enjoying the Nudge. I ended up getting one of every color. I like it that much as a squonk RDA. Plus, I see it starting to go out of stock at many sites and am concerned it won't be easy to find in another year or so. Many of them don't appear to be restocking, and vape gear seems to have a short-lived retail sales life these days. Same thing with the Pulse 22, hard to find them in the color you want at least. Most places aren't restocking it and it's not that old really.

The Nudge really is a great little RDA. Just rewicked the one I have on the Pulse 80w. Have a Ni80 braided coil at 0.32 ohm and it really is just a smooth, warm, dense vape. REALLY enjoy this RDA. Airflow is really smooth, but slightly louder than the Recurve. No whistle or turbulence though. I also use the max airflow cap.

I started with the smaller airflow cap on the Nudge and while I liked the amount of restriction I was getting with it, it just wasn't where I wanted it to be. Switched to the more open airflow cap after about a week (same build), and BAM! :D It's been a daily favorite since.

I'm kind of OCD, and it's sometimes hard for me to decide whether to use the Nudge or the Recurve for my ADV. Love them both, but they are very different. Recurve airflow is slightly smoother and quieter than the Nudge, but I'm not sure I could ever pick one over the other.

But yeah, I got all 6 colors of the Nudge, just in case I can't find/replace them later. Bought backups on the Recurve as well. Out of all the 'mainstream' squonk RDAs I've tried, these are my favorite toys. :wub:

I'm really surprised the Nudge doesn't get any more attention than it does. Think some folks are turned off by the aluminum cap, but I'm fine with. It cools down quickly (if it gets hot), and I kind of like the look of the finish on the colored models.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Glad you're enjoying the Nudge. I ended up getting one of every color. I like it that much as a squonk RDA. Plus, I see it starting to go out of stock at many sites and am concerned it won't be easy to find in another year or so. Many of them don't appear to be restocking, and vape gear seems to have a short-lived retail sales life these days. Same thing with the Pulse 22, hard to find them in the color you want at least. Most places aren't restocking it and it's not that old really.

The Nudge really is a great little RDA. Just rewicked the one I have on the Pulse 80w. Have a Ni80 braided coil at 0.32 ohm and it really is just a smooth, warm, dense vape. REALLY enjoy this RDA. Airflow is really smooth, but slightly louder than the Recurve. No whistle or turbulence though. I also use the max airflow cap.

I started with the smaller airflow cap on the Nudge and while I liked the amount of restriction I was getting with it, it just wasn't where I wanted it to be. Switched to the more open airflow cap after about a week (same build), and BAM! :D It's been a daily favorite since.

I'm kind of OCD, and it's sometimes hard for me to decide whether to use the Nudge or the Recurve for my ADV. Love them both, but they are very different. Recurve airflow is slightly smoother and quieter than the Nudge, but I'm not sure I could ever pick one over the other.

But yeah, I got all 6 colors of the Nudge, just in case I can't find/replace them later. Bought backups on the Recurve as well. Out of all the 'mainstream' squonk RDAs I've tried, these are my favorite toys. :wub:

I'm really surprised the Nudge doesn't get any more attention than it does. Think some folks are turned off by the aluminum cap, but I'm fine with. It cools down quickly (if it gets hot), and I kind of like the look of the finish on the colored models.

Agree on all counts.

I still like the Hadaly and Stumpy with single wire coils but really liking the increased airflow of the Nudge 22 with clapton wire, single and fused. Being a smaller RDA, the flavor is a bit better than the Pulse 22 I have been using with complex wire builds.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I like the Nudge, easy to build, very good flavour and nice design. I use it quite a lot but for me the Recurve just comes out on top. I like the airflow and draw more and not so noisy as the Nudge, one think I don't really like about the Nudge. I'd still use it over the tanks I have though (now mostly sold or gifted out) and even my dual coil (Drop and DJV). Recurve wins for me though, so much so I have a few more on order.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
One thing I did find with the Nudge, I really don't like the chuff cap drip tip that comes with it. All just a matter of personal taste but I do find it much better when swapped out for one of the spare drip tips you get with the Recurve, the gunmetal Recurve spare drip tip is frosted black, goes nicely with the Nudge 22 and just feels better in my mouth (as the actress said to the bishop LOL).

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 25

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
051C4566-573E-46BA-B7E9-C168F0A61AEB.jpeg
Wow Wow Wow! Finally got around to building the Nudge 22 and putting it on the Pico Squeeze 2. I thought I had tasted great flavor before with some great single coil RDAs ie Hadaly, Entheon, Royal Hunter X etc but the flavor of the Nudge 22 out performs them all imo.

Incredible flavor just using a simple round ss 316L .6 ohms coil.

I’d suggest this RDA to anyone chasing flavor and has great clouds too!

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
The Nudge and Recurve hit the sweet spot for me, even over the Haku Venna and KRMA (I just don't get on with the 'pursed lips' drip tips and very restricted AF). The Nudge and Recurve I find have just the right cap size and shape, a restricted enough airflow and can take some larger builds (in my case frame stapled aliens). The Drop Solo is also a worthy contender, can be opened up more for sure, but doesn't need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread