NY disaster....What if it happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyeCcast

Jan 12, 2011
Vermont
So not to be a downer but what if the ban actually happens and we can buy e-cigs anymore? Does the bill include actual nicotine concentrate? Cuz a tleast we could DIY to maintain vaping and not go back to smoking.
I am about 20 minuntes from New York, and go over many times for liquid,and ecig needs. I am worried. I have done my share of letter writing, calling legislatures but still worried.

Can I store unflavored DIY nicotine in the fridge? What is the best way to store it? Just in case.

This is a reality so let's hope it doesn't get this far.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
I couldn't find the thread offhand, but there's one about nic liquid storage. I believe the consensus was that you want to store nic liquid (the pure stuff, no flavorings or colorings in it) in a bottle with as little air as possible (nicotine oxidizes) in a freezer, and will last for a year or two that way.

If a ban goes into effect, a black market ill certainly arise. Worst case, there's always this.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
You will be able to buy what you want , they cannot stop all USPS shipments into NY ! , you will not be able to Vape in public however but there is NOTHING they can do to stop you getting parts and juice .

NY is so ....ing stupid , they know NOTHING about these things and want to ban them for what reason ???? let sban that tree over there we dont know what it is ?????????????? amazing.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
You will be able to buy what you want , they cannot stop all USPS shipments into NY !

Perhaps not in an absolute sense, but they certainly can prohibit businesses from shipping the stuff to NY. Interstate commerce is federal jurisdiction, and the feds will uphold any bans by the states by prohibiting importation to the state.

So you might find a friend willing to ship to you in NY, but you might have a bigger problem finding a business willing to do so.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Hell I will , USPS is NOT going to stop every package into NY . and until they have a LAW just banning them does not make it illegal to sell them .

They would have to have a list of all of the Ecig businesses ( BTW I sell VAPORIZERS not E-cigs ) so I can just change the name and be legal , ( look at the pot industry , that is what they do )

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
You'll get co-operating AG's - the AG from NY picks up the phone and tells the AG from FL; I don't want your ecig stuff coming into my state..grumbling will occur, letters will be sent to FL vendors...the state wins.

You really, really do not want to see this bill passed, it is just a blueprint for other states.

I agree it should not be passed , it is uninformed and is Paranoid BS IMO
as far as the AG getting involved , they have to KNOW the stuff is coming in first !

as I said before USPS is not going to enforce NY law , it is not their job or mandate.

stefon

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
IL
The same thing happened with a product in Illinois called ".... Coffee". The name is simply a joke, it's very strong coffee. Illinois passed a bill and now the company is no longer able to ship to Illinois. I contacted the company and they confirmed it. People should be able to do what they want. I don't need the government telling me what's healthy and what's not. Starbucks produces drinks that are just as strong the before mentioned coffee. Cigarettes are unhealthy as hell, but the government taxes them to make a buck, so smoking analogues is "ok" with them. If they can't make a buck, neither can you.

Danger Bunny

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Los Angeles, SFV, CA.
NY is so ....ing stupid , they know NOTHING about these things and want to ban them for what reason ???? let sban that tree over there we dont know what it is ?????????????? amazing.
Why? Money. It's all about the money people. Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't New Your have the highest cigarette tax in the nation? They aren't really concerned about peoples health, they want the tax dollars. Cigarette smokers are used and abused in this country.:evil:

JohnKing

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
FL
I agree it should not be passed , it is uninformed and is Paranoid BS IMO
as far as the AG getting involved , they have to KNOW the stuff is coming in first !

as I said before USPS is not going to enforce NY law , it is not their job or mandate.

You need to understand how these things work once they get some traction, do not be lulled into looking at what is happening today, they are thinking long term.

While FDA collected evidence to support an intended seizure of the hearing aids, a number of state attorneys general were looking at Telebrands' marketing practices. In September 1995, 17 states, led by the Minnesota Attorney General Hubert H. Humphrey III, sued the company for falsely advertising the Whisper XL and selling it without FDA clearance.

Message sent loud and clear to hearing aid marketer | FDA Consumer | Find Articles at BNET

The USPS won't protect you. This guy brought on the wrath of 17 attorney generals based on an FDA affidavit. This is how they do things.

JohnKing

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
FL
What if we all target a NYS assenlyman or Senator and educate them? What if we launch a campaign to get Them thrown out of office? What if we brand them as pro-tobacco death. What if we all fight them and go on offense? What if?...

Just send donations to the NY assemblymen that support your position, you fight money with money. I sent 12.99 to Steve McLaughlin, if many others did the same, you would see this bill stopped in its tracks.

Maybe we do a "12.99 club" let them know it's vapers, for the price of a few attys we get some pull in Albany, I'm from FL BTW but feel better for doing something. They ignore most emails, letters, etc, but not money, that they pay attention to.

Last edited:

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon

You are right. The USPS will deliver the packages. However, the federal government could levy substantial fines on any company that knowingly ships prohibited items into a state.

This sort of thing is why, for example, I cannot purchase pseudoephedrine-based allergy medications in my state. The drug is legal elsewhere without a prescription, the USPS will indeed ship it to me, but no reputable seller will send it because they could suffer a financial penalty for doing so.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
If the bill becomes law, the bottom line is that anything you order from an out of state company most likely will get delivered as long as the package is not marked as coming from an e-cig related vendor. However, in the off chance that postal inspectors recognize or identify a package as containing e-cigs, accessories, or juice, they will seize the package and impose whatever penalties are prescribed under the law. That could mean as little as a minor fine to as much as jail time (although the latter would be unlikely.)

Vendors would have to be willing to risk whatever penalties exist in order for New Yorkers to be able to continue vaping, and I don't think many will do that. Some years ago, NY worked out a deal with FedEx and UPS to stop shipping cigarettes purchased online to NY addresses. Even though the internet cigarette companies could have just shipped in unmarked packages, they didn't. They just stopped doing business in NY.

My guess is that's what would happen in this case. Vendors would simply not ship to NY addresses. So unless you know someone in a nearby state who could accept a package and forward it on to you, this bill, should it become law, will mean the end of vaping in NY.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Rosenthal quit the hard way and expects everyone to do just like she did. (way back when in the dark ages). According to here theory, every woman should only give birth via natural childbirth if that's how she gave birth. and so forth.

Print out all the mod tutorials that interest you, including the cart mods and diy attys.
Print out the info on DIY liquid.
Stock up on nic, but more importantly, focus on cutting back your nicotine intake via perhpas adding drops of zero nic to your mg each day and increasing the zero as comfort allows.
Vape and chew nicorette or use the patch .... that do have the toxic carp added to each and every one. (we'd have to vape over 6,000 carts a day in order to catch up to the carp they put in the FDA approved carp).

Good luck, and fight on so we can vape on in peace.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Why? Money. It's all about the money people. Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't New Your have the highest cigarette tax in the nation? They aren't really concerned about peoples health, they want the tax dollars. Cigarette smokers are used and abused in this country.:evil:

Yes!the gov't don't give a ---- about your health,they do care about your(their) money.

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
The real scary thing is that NY has a track record of being the first to pass legislation like this. For example: Ban on smoking in bars, Handsfree cellphone law and of course the seatbelt law. If this law were to pass you can bet, like lemmings, other States would soon jump on the bandwagon like they have done so many times before. We must speak out and educate the NY Assembly of the falsehoods and misconceptions the health subcomitte used to build this bill. Our state loves to write laws to govern common sense but yet they can not pass a budget on time to save their lives! CASAA is a great resource to get this done and their posts contain form letters and addresses that material can be sent to. Even if you are not a NY resident I urge you to flood their mailboxes, inboxes or faxes with the facts. Maybe someone will listen to reason!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread