Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
As I said, I like the challenge.
But you're right. Once you get the hang of something, it won't be a challenge anymore. And builds last me some weeks too.
Well there is always the challenge to get more out of it. Applies to pretty much anything in life.

• Love
Reactions: mimöschen

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Ok i got it i love the performance and flavor of this tank but let me tell you building on this is pita!!! It must be the most difficult deck to build on why obs why....

Mine is enjoying its Pacific tour, but ought to dock any day now.
In what ways is it a pain?

Reactions: Letitia

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
Mine is enjoying its Pacific tour, but ought to dock any day now.
In what ways is it a pain?
Installing the coils.. it took me 30 mins just to hold them in place and screw them in. The big problem is that there are no holes and it’s tricky to bend the leg under the screw and hold it in to place. My advice is to have max 5 wraps other than that, it’s a excellent rta

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
My views on the Engine 2 RTA.....

I didn't find it took 30 mins to install the coils but then I've been building for years, is it more tricky than a standard velocity or postless, absolutely.

I found, grab your bit, in my case, a 3mm bit and put the back leg it first, I used a screwdriver to help get the front leg in and then bend them slightly so they stayed in place, position the the coil and tighten down the front leg, push the coil out over the airflow making sure it's level and tighten down the back leg, repeat.

I used my usual 3mm NI80 3 core Aliens

Careful with the screws, I can see these stripping and I will probably replace them at some point.

I actually found the original Engine a bit of a pain to wick, too much it would dry hit, not enough and it was spitback city. The Engine 2 is much more forgiving and wicks way better than the original, it's the biggest difference in the tank, apart from the airflow.

I bow tie my wicks and tuck them in and gently pull them out slightly, juice them up ect and jobs a good un..

Wicking like a dream, no spitback, a very saturated vape, more so than the original, it really is a big difference.

pic host

Paired it with the Matte Black (bye bye green splatter) Tesla Wye, they match perfect against the matte black tank.

Overall vape.....

As I said earlier, the first thing I noticed was the vape was very saturated, I was waiting for the spitback but it never came, not even on the first pull, bubbles came up and it was wicking fine and still is. Second thing I noticed was the smooth draw, a very satisfying vape, it does have a swooshy noise but I like it, wide open it's the perfect draw for me.

The bottom airflow actually works, much better than the Juggerknot RTA does, it kind of reminds me of the reload RTA the way the airflow hole shapes the coil, for a top airflow, this is without a doubt the best dual coil RTA out right now.

The flavor is very good, nothing to complain about, it beats the original and a lot of others I could mention, is it as good as the Aqua Reboot, no but it's not far off and I'll take this tank any day, for the simple fact of it doesn't leak and just the overall vape.

I was a bit unsure about the bottom being 24.5mm and coming out to 26mm but you can hardly notice it, it's a much better looking tank and thankfully that cage is gone that used to trap the juice, you engine guys n gals know what I mean. There is less seepage from the side fill too, there is a groove in it that stops most of it. I also noticed that the deck is a bit thicker, it doesn't get as hot as the original one did, my coils are quite chunky and even though you can pump a bit more power through the coils as the airflow cools the coil off a bit more, the deck stays pretty cool.

OBS knocked it out the park with this one, yeah it's a bit of a PITA to build on but well well worth it, I have no problem recommending this to anyone.

Awesome RTA. :thumb:

Rixsta :thumbs:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Would it be an issue trapping single wire coils?
Looks like it might want to spit the wire out the side of the slot.
Good call and yes, I would say it would be an issue, not impossible but a pain, it wanted to push out my wire and that's a 3 core 28g wrapped with 32..

Although single wire would be easier to bend over to hold it while you tighten it but yeah, it will be a pain I imagine.

Love the fact that it doesn't twist the coil legs either. Thanks Rixsta.
Welcome ;) Yup, it certainly doesn't twist the wire..

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Small update, the front leg on the coil, bend it back and then up (like the coils that come with the OBS Engine 2)

It's laughable how much easier it makes installing your coils.

This has actually become the best RTA I have ever used in the 4 years I've been vaping and I have had a lot of them, a hell of a lot :)

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Small update, the front leg on the coil, bend it back and then up (like the coils that come with the OBS Engine 2)

It's laughable how much easier it makes installing your coils.

This has actually become the best RTA I have ever used in the 4 years I've been vaping and I have had a lot of them, a hell of a lot :)

Gives me faith to hear this. My two just arrived in the mailbox. Can't wait 'til the lovely coil assistant gets home!

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Gives me faith to hear this. My two just arrived in the mailbox. Can't wait 'til the lovely coil assistant gets home!
Cool, let me know what you think :thumb:

Mine shipped from FT today. By the time I get it you all will have mastered the build and I'll know the best way to go about it.:D
6cd5dd08f2199154dad9adfb2cbff842.jpg

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Chances are good the Nano will be out before I get the dual. FT owed me a replacement and I asked for the Engine II since it was in stock.
Ha, FT may surprise you and I really hope you like the Engine 2, although I know your more of a single coil gal....I think.

The Engine 2 has now replaced my Aromamizer Plus and my Reload RTA.

I've made some super thin wire coils, 32g x 3 wrapped in 40g Aliens, now I can run this tank on a single battery mod, dunno why I didn't do this before o_O

• Love
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread