OBS ripping off customers with o-rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
The vaping community do tend to have a voice as one over really bad behaviour and bad business practices. We made our thoughts well known about Voopoo's business behaviour not long ago and told Elegomall what we thought of their mistake not long before that but i just can't see us banding together and giving OBS a bloody nose over $6 o-rings with free shipping which i think is rather reasonable.:censored:

Last edited:

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
The vaping community do tend to have a voice has one over really bad behaviour and bad business practices. We made our thoughts well known about Voopoo's business behaviour not long ago and told Elegomall what we thought of their mistake not long before that but i just can't see us banding together and giving OBS a bloody nose over $6 o-rings with free shipping which i think is rather reasonable.:censored:
How's the petition going about OBS ripping people off, does it have more than one signature yet?

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
If I made one, it'd probably get more signatures than OBS gets orders for...

1 * OBS coil for only $15 - yes, not a set, but 1 piece (but hey,free shipping ^^)
Lost in translation, agreed it looks like it's for i coil but when it says one piece it means i box just looked for the same different assortment of coils and they are between $12 - $15 for packs of 5 (a couple are packs of 3). Package size 15cm x 20cm x 15cm (look further down the page) = a pack of 5 coils good value with free shipping!

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I recommend orings and more to get whatever o rings you need
He'll be glad to pay the $25 for shipping
Kappa.png

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
As products in this industry get discontinued at breakneck speed, this issue will solve itself when they're no longer available. I wonder how long until there's a desperate post to get these o-rings at any price once they're out of production. Tick, tick, tick...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't had to buy o-rings in a long time. I do have multiples of the same atomizers, so I'm stocked up. I put a drop of juice on the o-ring when I reassemble an atomizer and so far I've used very few of the stock that comes with an atty. Galling with a dry ring is the chief cause of torn o-rings.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
There are many but we're not talking normal orings, it's about complex profile seals (see this post).
Good luck finding those in a time that justifies not buying the $6 ones.
Smh, didn't read that. My bad. Well, that certainly complicates things, ouch.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
These are the o-rings that go between the glass and the metal of the tank. When I needed those o-rings for the OBS Nano, I searched for o-ring sets for tanks with the same diameter (the glass bit) until found ones that matched. Ended up getting them on ebay for $1 a set shipped. I think RTA makers get their o-rings from common sources. These are the ones I found:

rings.jpg

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
These are the o-rings that go between the glass and the metal of the tank. When I needed those o-rings for the OBS Nano, I searched for o-ring sets for tanks with the same diameter (the glass bit) until found ones that matched. Ended up getting them on ebay for $1 a set shipped. I think RTA makers get their o-rings from common sources. These are the ones I found:
View attachment 780961
and you've tried them and they work?

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
Not yet - they have only just cleared customs, but I double checked the specs on the two glass tanks and they are identical as to thickness of glass and diameter. I will let you know for sure though when they get here.

BTW, I just picked up OBS Engine replacement glass at Fast Tech for $.68 per 2-pack. I know it says $.90 but I bought 5 and they came out at $.68 each pair.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...lacement-glass-tank-for-obs-engine-atomizer-2

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL, I am actually of the opinion that the Nano is UNDERPICED, not the O-rings overpriced. I think your petition (if it gets of the ground) will be like, perhaps not the outcome you desire. Etc.

Also, like anyplace can charge what they want, for anything. I don't like that site personally and everyone I know who uses it gets shafted for the most part.

Perhaps you are an ali-er express genius or whatever, but if the O rings are genuine and your engines are not, I wouldn't suggest purchasing them (the O rings) they might not fit.

Petitions R us, this society. Vote with your feet and spend your outrage finding something that will work for less, however you do it you've gotten PLENTY of suggestions.

If you go "principle of the thing!" I am going to go :facepalm: because we have SO much more excellent vaping principles to worry about than some 6 dollar O rings.

You do not have to buy them. You don't have to use your Engine. You can stomp on it with your feet in disgust, while WAILING out Job-like to your creator and it would be more effective than your desire to PETITION and BAN said company. Because at least, if you did that, something in the world would change.

The petition? Not so much would change. Okay I might laugh. :)

Anna

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
@stols001 there is no petition going on, just some ranting on my side. and yes, I got me a set of o-rings, just under slightly different, negotiated, conditions. don't worry, gal, I'm on the top of my game :D

I don't like that site personally and everyone I know who uses it gets shafted for the most part.
I just apply the same principles to Ali that I apply to my purchases on eBay: Buying only from renowned sellers with 97%+ ratings, whose negative reviews do not mention deceptive practices, and I only buy products which have been positively reviewed before by other customers. Common-sense. By now, I've also ordered electronics (CPU, RAM), and even 2 custom-made fashion items, all delivered exactly as promised. Ali really is like eBay, just much bigger.

Last edited:
  • Useful

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
Some good news and some weirdness. Of the 2 side profile images that were posted these o-rings (Ammit) are like the second. I have them installed on the nano I have been vaping all day and no leaks. I even laid the mod on it's side for a bit - not long enough to flood it - but long enough to see that it isn't leaking.

Now for the weirdness. I received another nano in the mail and I checked the new unused o-rings compared to these new ones and the nano o-rings are thicker and have straight squared sides. Is it possible @tailland, that you took those profiles from used o-rings that may have been compressed into those shapes, a different profile for the top and the bottom?

I'm glad I got these and I am glad they are working. But I think I'll see if I can find some spares that match what is included with the tank as these are a bit thinner and might not hold up as well. Plus, I'm sure they will come in handy with other 25mm tanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread