Dec 27, 2009
Central Florida
1970 cutlass
small 19.jpg

discoqueen

Jan 1, 2010
Texas
<---- 2001 Land Rover Discovery II - affectionately known as Disco. :D

We bought it 6 months ago with the intentions of modding it and taking it off-roading, but alas we haven't had the opportunity to do much of anything with it yet. :(

The other car is an '06 Hyndai Sonata - affectionately known as Frank.
(If you get the joke behind that, you rock!)

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
<---- 2001 Land Rover Discovery II - affectionately known as Disco. :D

We bought it 6 months ago with the intentions of modding it and taking it off-roading, but alas we haven't had the opportunity to do much of anything with it yet. :(

The other car is an '06 Hyndai Sonata - affectionately known as Frank.
(If you get the joke behind that, you rock!)
I get it discovery disco frank sonatra very funny actually.;)

discoqueen

Jan 1, 2010
Texas
I get it discovery disco frank sonatra very funny actually.;)

You got it!! LOL
We didn't come up with it actually. We were researching cars before buying and reading reviews, and Car & Driver (I think) made a typo. My hubby read it to me, and I said "Sonatra? As in Frank? AWESOME! We're getting one!"
He's been Frank ever since. :D

m1273c

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Texas, U.S.A.
Nothing right now. I'm unemployed - no need to leave the house. I actually HAD to drive it the other day. I realized I hadn't touched it in over a month, so I drove it to make sure liquids/etc got run through stuff. That might be an old car thing to do, but eh.
If when I DO drive it: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Sig Other's car: 2004 Volkswagen Passat

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
2004 Doge Ram 2500 Quad Cab w/Cummins Diesel.

Its Flame Red if that helps. ;)

Perfect for a farm boy :D

I'm in a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country Limited. I make excellent use of the Stow-N-Go storage under the back seats. Get lots and lots of computer stuff into that space, hidden from prying eyes.

Comfy too. And it has a very convenient built in USB port for my PT on the dash.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Perfect for a farm boy :D

Actually, I bought it when the chance of layoffs was really high (telcommunications). If that happened, I would have to go independent and needed a truck that would haul my .... all over the country. The concept of a pickup that got over 20mpg and was rated to go 350,000 miles between overhauls sounded pretty good. :)

I wouldn't trade it now. I'm gonna drive it until the wheels fall off & then put new wheels on it and keep going! :D

Errr...I drive an old Lumina with over 200K miles on it.....

But I'm cute!!

sigh...

I rented a lot of Luminas while travelling. Those were good cars. No personality but drove and rode very well!

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
LOLOL Uh I gotta a cpl regular rides:

2005 Honda Civic VP Coupe MTX (Eien) - Silver - still stock configuration, at least till this summer LOL

a 2001 Honda Civic Sedan DX that is now an MTX instead of ATX (Hondako) - Silver - Heavily modified :D

My fave vehicle of past: 79 Triumph TR7 MTX and carbureted

The WORST: 2000 Ford Contour Sport V6. There is no stream of expletives long enough for this POFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread