Official GoodSense Vapor - i06DCA Beta Testing Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawzun

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello all, it has been a while since I've posted here, but I have been keeping an eye on the thread while we finalized development on this device. Thanks very much to everyone who has taken part in this testing, it has been a great experience for us to have such an open platform while working on this project. I don't think this final version would be nearly as solid as it is, without the help of y'all, so we are very appreciative and thankful :)

I am happy to announce that we will have our first run of production i06DCAs for sale on the site starting this Friday 06/08/12. We will release the limited number we have in two batches, at two different times on Friday. Specific times will be announced on Twitter, so make sure to follow us there if you're not already.

The following weekend we will have our first batch of black anodized i06DCAs up on the site. They are at the anodizing shop now and will not be done for another week or so. And beyond that we will have a very special limited edition Ikenvape i06DCA in true Ikenvape colors, more on that to come.

Again thanks to everyone involved on this, hope to see many of you in Florida this weekend!!

Cheers,

Jason
GSV

Jawzun

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Can you tell us what changes, if any, were made based on the beta testing?

Glad you asked Mike, we have made a number of changes, including but not limited to:

1. Modified our form tool for the bottom part of the lower to accommodate a necessary thread adjustment.
A few Betas were reported to not screw down all the way, we have corrected this issue.

2. Increased the length of the brass center pin by .004" ( +/-.0005")
About 7 or 8 Betas reported short pins, showing flush with the base of the lower threads.
Admittedly, our original batch of i06DCA pins were quickly made by hand, more than likely inconsistent.
All production pins have been machined on our old school B&S automatic, video coming soon...
This allowed for much cleaner and super accurate results, problem solved!!

3. We have a new set-up for drilling the drip tip holes in the upper pieces.
A few folks reported loose drip tips, we feel this issues has been corrected as well.

4. We have streamlined both first and second machine operations on the lower, and eliminated a third operation.
While this doesn't affect you guys, it sure cuts a bunch of time for us and reduces our chances of damaging parts ;)

As with most all other vape gear, there is a certain level of "finickiness" one will inevitably experience with the DCA.
Hopefully our latest revisions have helped to reduce this. We have done our best...and again, thank you very much!!

Lax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Sounds like a whole bunch of positive improvements! I am still using my beta all day, everyday without even a hiccup. But I'm not going to complain about refining a fantastic product :)

Glad you asked Mike, we have made a number of changes, including but not limited to:

1. Modified our form tool for the bottom part of the lower to accommodate a necessary thread adjustment.
A few Betas were reported to not screw down all the way, we have corrected this issue.

2. Increased the length of the brass center pin by .004" ( +/-.0005")
About 7 or 8 Betas reported short pins, showing flush with the base of the lower threads.
Admittedly, our original batch of i06DCA pins were quickly made by hand, more than likely inconsistent.
All production pins have been machined on our old school B&S automatic, video coming soon...
This allowed for much cleaner and super accurate results, problem solved!!

3. We have a new set-up for drilling the drip tip holes in the upper pieces.
A few folks reported loose drip tips, we feel this issues has been corrected as well.

4. We have streamlined both first and second machine operations on the lower, and eliminated a third operation.
While this doesn't affect you guys, it sure cuts a bunch of time for us and reduces our chances of damaging parts ;)

As with most all other vape gear, there is a certain level of "finickiness" one will inevitably experience with the DCA.
Hopefully our latest revisions have helped to reduce this. We have done our best...and again, thank you very much!!

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Got mine in yesterday and I absolutely love it. I don't drip every day but when I do, it's always messy. The dca takes the mess right out of dripping without messing with the great flavor from the i06. I can see myself dripping a lot more often now that I have this. Now all I need is for ikv to go back online so I can stock up on i06's.

MrAftrmth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
LosAngeles
i don't drip as much as i used to but when im not using the hybrids or genesis attys, i06 is still my go to device.. here's my i06 DCA with the GSV shorty from the original beta test way back. Still the best atty and accessory IMO

:evil: :evil: :evil:

P+ x gsv x ikenvape

P18350GSV.jpg

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
i don't drip as much as i used to but when im not using the hybrids or genesis attys, i06 is still my go to device.. here's my i06 DCA with the GSV shorty from the original beta test way back. Still the best atty and accessory IMO

:evil: :evil: :evil:

P+ x gsv x ikenvape​

Best atty/accessory hands down for sure! If Ikenvape and Goodsense Vapor had a baby, it would be insane! :shock: I can't wait to try the revised one because my #01 has been through hell and back and it's still running strong :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread