Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I'm surprised no one has said this yet.. Allow me!

shutup.jpg

I wanted to hug Phil when he handed me his last Saturday, but considering that I'd just met him, I didn't want to pull a Dimitri on him. :D

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Some vapers (mostly elsewhere) are already moaning about how 20 watts isn't enough, and how ProVape is still behind the times because of that..

I beg to differ..

Not sure if it was partly designed this way because of this, but one could also look at this as an "FDA hedge," of sorts..

With speedy, harsh & air-tight regulations, something that doesn't put out insane power just might stand that much more of a chance of getting FDA approval..

Not to mention the accuracy thing.. Those dna 20/30 fans should try throwing it on a scope to see if they're truly getting the wattage they set it to.. Because at some resistances, they're not.. Think that's gonna fly with the FDA?

Sounds like other chips are still behind the times & need to play catch-up for tomorrow's market environment... :)

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
Not to mention the accuracy thing.. Those DNA 20/30 fans should try throwing it on a scope to see if they're truly getting the wattage they set it to.. Because at some resistances, they're not.. Think that's gonna fly with the FDA?

Can't I be a fan of both Provape and eVolv? They're both great companies with great engineers.

Provari has the advantage of reverse battery protection and voltage stepdown. That makes it arguably better than a DNA device for dragging around for extended trips. DNA has the advantage of having more power and the ability to accomodate multiple-button interfaces.

I'm excited for the P3, but I'm not cancelling my order of a DNA30 device either, despite it meaning that I likely won't be able to afford the P3 at launch.

Just different design choices from two great American companies.

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
Some vapers (mostly elsewhere) are already moaning about how 20 watts isn't enough, and how ProVape is still behind the times because of that..

I beg to differ..

Not sure if it was partly designed this way because of this, but one could also look at this as an "FDA hedge," of sorts..

With speedy, harsh & air-tight regulations, something that doesn't put out insane power just might stand that much more of a chance of getting FDA approval..

Not to mention the accuracy thing.. Those DNA 20/30 fans should try throwing it on a scope to see if they're truly getting the wattage they set it to.. Because at some resistances, they're not.. Think that's gonna fly with the FDA?

Sounds like other chips are still behind the times & need to play catch-up for tomorrow's market environment... :)

Hi Gato,

We kind of look at it like this: There are lots of options on the market and not every device is going to be perfect for everybody. We are all unique in what we want. While some people may prefer 30 watts, some 100 watts, and others 10 watts.

I guess I never understood those people who trash talk something because it doesn't do what they want. No need to trash it, just don't buy it if its not what you want. Some people act like they are being forced to buy something. If we wanted to make a 200+ watt device we could, but it's not our segment. We like to sleep at night knowing that we offer a safe device that is not pushing the limits. You are correct in that some devices on the market say they can do high wattage and they can't, so it's false marketing.

. ok, enough of my little rant

A little side tidbit about the P3 chip. It's a 32-bit ARM system with 128kb memory running 5 million instructions per second. Anyone who says the P3 is outdated doesn't understand what's under the hood. We are not aware of any electronic cigarette on the market with that kind of processing power.:)

Last edited:

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
Can't I be a fan of both Provape and eVolv? They're both great companies with great engineers.

Provari has the advantage of reverse battery protection and voltage stepdown. That makes it arguably better than a DNA device for dragging around for extended trips. DNA has the advantage of having more power and the ability to accomodate multiple-button interfaces.

I'm excited for the P3, but I'm not cancelling my order of a DNA30 device either, despite it meaning that I likely won't be able to afford the P3 at launch.

Just different design choices from two great American companies.

Agree! Options are good for the consumer. We think Evolv makes some great products! Each product has it's benefits.

Wickedgt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
A little side tidbit about the P3 chip. It's a 32-bit ARM system with 128kb memory running 5 million instructions per second. Anyone who says the P3 is outdated doesn't understand what's under the hood. We are not aware of any electronic cigarette on the market with that kind of processing power.:)

Impressive Indeed! IMHO, for the vast majority of vapors out there, the Provari 3.0 is Right on target!

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana

5 million? Pfft. Is that it? I require at least 5,000,017 for my vape. ;)

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Provari isn't targeting cloud chasers. It is better suited for the average vaper who seeks a reliable, steady, precise and above all safe device. Just to think that a few months back we didn't have DNA devices and that now we are preordering 100 watt devices to place next to our faces makes me a bit uneasy at times. If power is not effectively regulated and controlled, it can have devastating effects. We see this with vaping gear, as much as we see it in vehicles, and above all in politics. And we must always bear in mind that there is much more to a car than its speed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread