Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Vaporshark are not bad. I have an Rdna 40 sitting on my desk with a clapton coil and it is passable, but it is just not a Provari. Out of 30 some odd mods that I have, nothing, I repeat, nothing vapes with the same degree of satisfaction that I get from my Provari mods. If you have an inclination for a Procyon, I really think that you owe it to yourself to get one and see what it is all about. There are only two types of vapers out there, those that own a Provari and those that should own a Provari. :)
I have a bunch of other mods that I rarely use and I agree that Provari mods offer the most consistent vape and are bulletproof. The only other mod I own that would even be close in quality would be my SX Mini M Class but it makes my Radius feel like a feather. Stupid heavy but rock solid.

Once I decide to buy a Procyon or whatever Provari releases before the fall with 50+ watts... my SX Mini, Snow Wolf, etc. will be in the classifieds to fund the purchase. I know that a good gear stockpile is a smart idea, but I think 13-14 Provaris is a smarter strategy than 20-30 Kangers/iSticks.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
ProVape has long focused on safety. For example, the P3's 20 watt limit ensures a battery at 3.3V under load is only tasked to provide about 6 amps. Although this covers a decently wide range of 18350 battery quality and condition, ProVape made an additional effort to ensure adequate battery condition with the controversial and sometimes confusing IQ system.

The ProCyon's 50 watt limit raises that 3.3V battery current to about 15 amps. Even the 18650-only configuration inadequately ensures safety, since there are batteries of that size only rated at 10 amps, and some of them out there are old. There are some really crap 18650s out there. I suspect because the IQ system will come into effect more often here, and their past user experience, ProVape hid IQ from the user and went to a simple Go-No Go interface. I can appreciate that.

With the Procyon, I miss seeing the voltage for the set wattage and ohms, and I miss seeing the Boost setting I've selected, but I also miss seeing the IQ. I'd like to see ProVape offer a "Pro" firmware upgrade for the Procyon that brings back the P3 information. But I can enjoy the Procyon without it.
Yeah, that lack of a voltage reference is holding me back from purchasing a Procyon. Sometimes I just want to know and don't want to whip out a calculator.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
ProVape has long focused on safety. For example, the P3's 20 watt limit ensures a battery at 3.3V under load is only tasked to provide about 6 amps. Although this covers a decently wide range of 18350 battery quality and condition, ProVape made an additional effort to ensure adequate battery condition with the controversial and sometimes confusing IQ system.

The ProCyon's 50 watt limit raises that 3.3V battery current to about 15 amps. Even the 18650-only configuration inadequately ensures safety, since there are batteries of that size only rated at 10 amps, and some of them out there are old. There are some really crap 18650s out there. I suspect because the IQ system will come into effect more often here, and their past user experience, ProVape hid IQ from the user and went to a simple Go-No Go interface. I can appreciate that.

With the Procyon, I miss seeing the voltage for the set wattage and ohms, and I miss seeing the Boost setting I've selected, but I also miss seeing the IQ. I'd like to see ProVape offer a "Pro" firmware upgrade for the Procyon that brings back the P3 information. But I can enjoy the Procyon without it.

That sums up my feelings exactly. A Procyon with a P3 menu would be just perfect.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
I love how my 2.5 is in volts, i said a long time ago on here i would not own a watt device unless provape made it and now i do, i would like my volt option back but having a provari is more important to me then a volt setting.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I guess i need a p3 now to experience the menu, lol

Yes, you do.

I'm sorry, a lot of people say it doesn't matter, but it sure is nice to be able to use volts or watts. But, like I say, I'd be happy with just a volts reference...

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Yes, you do.

I'm sorry, a lot of people say it doesn't matter, but it sure is nice to be able to use volts or watts. But, like I say, I'd be happy with just a volts reference...
Oh see i didnt know it has voltage settings too, thats awesome!

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
That sums up my feelings exactly. A Procyon with a P3 menu would be just perfect.

:thumbs: In the end, I decided to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good. :)

I love how my 2.5 is in volts, i said a long time ago on here i would not own a watt device unless provape made it and now i do, i would like my volt option back but having a provari is more important to me then a volt setting.

On the other hand, I refused to buy a ProVari until they offered a variable watts mode, got past the ancient 3 character 7 segment LED, cryptic error messages, and dozen clicks to get something set. The P3 with included extension tubes was more than I'd hoped for so I didn't hesitate to fork over $250 for one of the firsts.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
I passed on the p3 initially because it was only a 5 watt increase that i didnt even need since i vape around 9 watts, the procyon is set at 15 right now because i drip at home and i build to take less hits while playing games, but at work i dont mind vaping for 5 to 10 mins as i enjoy vaping it passes the time at work, i think the new top cap a bit more power and the nice menu would be a nice upgrade for my work device, if only i wasn't trying to stock up since the fda think they own a percentage of all profit in the world.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Oh see i didnt know it has voltage settings too, thats awesome!

Yeah, and on the check screen, when it's in watts, it also shows the volts. When it's in volts, it also shows the watts. Not to beat a dead horse, but if the Procyon would JUST SHOW the corresponding volts, I'd be happy and buy one today!

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
I love my P3 and I have several Kabuki's I use on my P3 and my black and white Radius. I keep thinking I want to get a Procyon but I hardly use tube mods anymore. I am bummed that any upgrades can't be done by the user but that's a minor critique.

So right now I am trying to decide between the Procyon or buying a stealth Radius (that would make my third Radius). I absolutely LOVE the Radius. Mine get used a lot. Like every day.

What I wonder about is why can't the Radius be updated to 50 watts like the Procyon?

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Yeah, and on the check screen, when it's in watts, it also shows the volts. When it's in volts, it also shows the watts. Not to beat a dead horse, but if the Procyon would JUST SHOW the corresponding volts, I'd be happy and buy one today!
Oh that does sound great now i want a p3 and a p3 menu on my procyon.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
I love my P3 and I have several Kabuki's I use on my P3 and my black and white Radius. I keep thinking I want to get a Procyon but I hardly use tube mods anymore. I am bummed that any upgrades can't be done by the user but that's a minor critique.

So right now I am trying to decide between the Procyon or buying a stealth Radius (that would make my third Radius). I absolutely LOVE the Radius. Mine get used a lot. Like every day.

What I wonder about is why can't the Radius be updated to 50 watts like the Procyon?
Its about the internal chip not why cant it be updated, now i could be wrong and the radius could handle the increased power since they use the same batteries anyways but point is if it was made with a limit of 40 watts safely then 40 watts is not gonna change unless they modify the chip/board or whatever you wanna call it.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
Its about the internal chip not why cant it be updated, now i could be wrong and the radius could handle the increased power since they use the same batteries anyways but point is if it was made with a limit of 40 watts safely then 40 watts is not gonna change unless they modify the chip/board or whatever you wanna call it.

That makes sense

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
...So right now I am trying to decide between the Procyon or buying a stealth Radius (that would make my third Radius). I absolutely LOVE the Radius. Mine get used a lot. Like every day.

Since you already have two Radiuses, you need two P3s. :D May as well make one a Procyon. :thumb:

Nah, seriously... you should wait for the ProVari Hybrid coming out the first week of August. :ohmy:

I have no idea if this is the situation, but if the regulator uses the case as a heat sink, metal would do a better job than plastic at dissipating heat.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012

Since you already have two Radiuses, you need two P3s. :D May as well make one a Procyon. :thumb:

He's right, you know. Since you already have two Radius' and are considering a third, it shows no voltage reference is not a deal breaker for you. And since you already do have two Radius', you might as well get a Procyon. I mean, really, think about it. Takes the same battery too. But hey, it's your money, I'm just having fun with ya'.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I simply don't miss volts whatsoever. No I don't. And the simplified menu of the Procyon is better for my pea-sized brain. And I can honestly tell you I don't miss nor would I want IQ ever again on any of my Provari's. The thing that's so fantastic about Provari's is they just work. Push the button and get the best regulated vape on the planet. I don't want to have to think about anything. Push, vape. Push, vape. Simple does it best for me.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I simply don't miss volts whatsoever. No I don't. And the simplified menu of the Procyon is better for my pea-sized brain. And I can honestly tell you I don't miss nor would I want IQ ever again on any of my Provari's. The thing that's so fantastic about Provari's is they just work. Push the button and get the best regulated vape on the planet. I don't want to have to think about anything. Push, vape. Push, vape. Simple does it best for me.
Yeah, the IQ is a bit of a drag. Wouldn't mind it but it essentially turns the P3 into a 15 watt mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread