Not open for further replies.

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
Oh MY - YES ! ! ! :D

I REALLY DO - "Like" Shopping . . . :)

However, I need the money NOW - Especially since I didn't win the "T-Shirt" Contest . . . :(

Maybe the next one ;)

Yeah, shopping is my favorite all time classic, too! Gets rid of any depression I may have!

BTW Rhianna, what do you want to sell or buy?

Last edited:

sherlockholmes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
US
Thanks, Uncle (and Imagine!). I know you're right. I just like to keep things light and happy and that's my second rant on here in a few weeks time. I feel somewhat guilty for getting upset. My problem is, he really IS my "everything." I waited for weeks and weeks for the particular set up that he needed to be in stock, so he could start out with nothing to worry about except the act of quitting. I wanted to take care of all the rest, so he could just focus on quitting. I don't want all my effort in research and ordering and waiting and all his effort in quitting (the really hard part) to be wasted because of stocking issues. I get a little "mama bear" defensive, I guess. I want him to have the absolute best chance of success.

Thankfully, what was out of stock was really a novelty, in the long run. The important stuff is on the way. All is well. Thanks, everybody.

I can really understand where you are coming from, even though I haven't been hampered too much by out-of-stock situations. I'm trying to get off the analogs completely and I really want to try different liquids to find a few that I really like, but my funds are severely limited right now. Several weeks ago I tried the Freedom, and I'm not really thrilled with it. I'll probably PIF it. :)

I also really feel for Imagine; it's a real balancing act trying to manage inventory for a new, growing business. You don't have unlimited funds to tie up in inventory, nor the space to store huge amounts of product. At the same time, dealing with sourcing in China is a real crap shoot under the best of conditions; it is totally different world over there. At least SI doesn't have to deal with the lead time required to ship container loads of goods via ship; that just makes the problem that much worse.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Oh MY - YES ! ! ! :D

I REALLY DO - "Like" Shopping . . . :)

However, I need the money NOW - Especially since I didn't win the "T-Shirt" Contest . . . :(.

Maybe the next one ;)

I'm sorry you didn't win, Uncle. Who did?

The fun of shopping is making lists of what I'd like to order, then paring it down to what I really need. I can spend lots of time on that without spending a penny. Then, once I've got my list all made up, I can actually go online and buy the stuff. Very rarely is it an impulse purchase. In fact, I have an SI list here, all ready to go once the next sale comes our way. Because there's so much planning involved, I don't have to order very often, which saves shipping charges, at least.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Uncle, what you shared about letting your feelings be known and taking back power by doing that and that knowledge is good even if it's something you wouldn't want to know really helped me in my daily life today. I made a decision to do just that last night but was worried if I made the right choice and you reaffirmed that I did. thank you for sharing!! :)

Ditto what kblush500 said, Uncle! Since Rob's diagnosis, we have been in a veritable tailspin - giving up control left, right and sideways. It's only been very recently that we made a conscious choice to take back the power and control we had and start being honest about how we felt about what was happening to us. It's been very liberating, albeit a bit scary. Thank you for all that you do for poor sods like us!! :)

Again - It was "My" Absolute Pleasure - I'm glad to know that "My Words" were even somewhat of an encouragement or validation to You - particularly with what you are going though . . .

If anything, I actually know how hard it is to finally find and have a "Voice", let alone be able to use it especially during any problematic situations like you might be going though . . .

HEY - I was a "SOD" Myself . . .

And - It took "Me" a VERY LONG TIME to find "My Voice" - let alone use it (Too Many a People shagrin and displeasure ;), and why I am still an advocate for others - although it is as a volunteer most of the time :) ) . . .

AND - Although, many do not agree or even "like" what you may have to say (nor usually "Me" for that matter) - it is always "YOUR VOICE" and "YOUR CHOICE TO SPEAK UP" - especially when you feel "You Need" too . . . :D

sherlockholmes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
US
Only Imagine can really answer this, but my guess is that the popularity for their products has grown so fast, they are having trouble keeping up. I think they are really trying to keep supplied, but think of what increasing production involves. They have to deal with some factory in China that may not be able to just increase production at a whim. They probably have to hire more people and maybe even buy more machinery. And the supplies to make the products may not be there in increased volume. So I think in time, SI will get up to speed, but it's a company that is growing fast, and I think that's probably a real challenge, though certainly the good kind of challenge. Maybe you should find flavors your husband likes at other companies and order some of them and some of SI's. That way, if one runs out, the other may have stuff.

Actually, it even goes beyond labor, machinery and material issues. China does not produce enough electricity to power all their factories, so manufacturers there have to deal with blackouts as well. Needless to say, that makes forecasting a nightmare.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I can really understand where you are coming from, even though I haven't been hampered too much by out-of-stock situations. I'm trying to get off the analogs completely and I really want to try different liquids to find a few that I really like, but my funds are severely limited right now. Several weeks ago I tried the Freedom, and I'm not really thrilled with it. I'll probably PIF it. :)

I also really feel for Imagine; it's a real balancing act trying to manage inventory for a new, growing business. You don't have unlimited funds to tie up in inventory, nor the space to store huge amounts of product. At the same time, dealing with sourcing in China is a real crap shoot under the best of conditions; it is totally different world over there. At least SI doesn't have to deal with the lead time required to ship container loads of goods via ship; that just makes the problem that much worse.

Would you be interested in letting me try Freedom? I'm curious. It's the only SI flavor I haven't sampled yet. I don't want a whole 5-pack of cartos, nor do I want to get the sampler it's in, since I already have all the other flavors. Is it liquid or prefilled cartos? If it's cartos, could I have just one? I'd pay whatever it costs you to ship it. If you're willing to share, PM me. I just ordered some liquid from another company, and it's steeping as we speak. Maybe I could return the favor and send you a carto of one of the flavors. Let me know if you're interested.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Oh - I SO AGREE . . .

How could You Not feel for "Imagine" and all the Customer Service Staff at Smokeless Image, especially given what they have to face most of the time . . . .

Things do run smothly then - OOOPPPPSSS China and Customs - I DO NOT WANT THEIR J O B in anyway . . . :)

Beside the fact they have Us to deal with too ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece

The fun of shopping is making lists of what I'd like to order, then paring it down to what I really need. I can spend lots of time on that without spending a penny. Then, once I've got my list all made up, I can actually go online and buy the stuff. Very rarely is it an impulse purchase. In fact, I have an SI list here, all ready to go once the next sale comes our way. Because there's so much planning involved, I don't have to order very often, which saves shipping charges, at least.

That is exactly what I also do! I even place the order to the web site to determine cost, without sending it, of course! That is why it was a relief that the abandoned cart e-mails from SI have stopped :)

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
Would you be interested in letting me try Freedom? I'm curious. It's the only SI flavor I haven't sampled yet. I don't want a whole 5-pack of cartos, nor do I want to get the sampler it's in, since I already have all the other flavors. Is it liquid or prefilled cartos? If it's cartos, could I have just one? I'd pay whatever it costs you to ship it. If you're willing to share, PM me. I just ordered some liquid from another company, and it's steeping as we speak. Maybe I could return the favor and send you a carto of one of the flavors. Let me know if you're interested.

See? We are having our own Classified (or PIF Treasure) here, in our own thread! It is great!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

"Me" Too - but none of my suggestions where probably even good enough or came close to being considered given all the others that were posted . . . :(

However, the person who "Won" the "T-Shirt" Contest was "MastiffMike" - You can see his post with an actual "full-size" version of his "Winning" T-Shirt here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...slogan-smokelessimage-com-67.html#post5193718

IMO - as you can see - He like so many others - hit all the right "selling" points - A Good Idea, Had "Sex" Appeal, A Short Message, & to the Point . . . Not to far out there at all . . . You know like the song in "A Chorus Line" or from "Gypsy". . . ;)

Last edited:

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

My gold and copper batts came in today. The copper looks more like dark gold to me, but it compliments the lighter gold nicely. :) While I was at it, I thought I would show off my carrying case. Sorry for the blurry quality. I'm still trying to get used to my phone.

GA Bill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2011
Georgia
Hi folks! Been a while since I've been here so I figured I would check in. Too many pages of history for me to read thru though...geesh, like 300 since I was here.

Anyway, how is everyone? I'm still volting! I see some new goodies on the website like that new charging case. Anyone have one?

How are you Imagine???

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
"Me" Too - but none of my suggestions where probably even good enough or came close to being considered given all the others that were posted . . . :(

However, the person who "Won" the "T-Shirt" Contest was "MastiffMike" - You can see his post with an actual "full-size" version of his "Winning" T-Shirt here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...slogan-smokelessimage-com-67.html#post5193718

IMO - as you can see - He like so many others - hit all the right "selling" points - A Good Idea, Had "Sex" Appeal, A Short Message, & to the Point . . . Not to far out there at all . . . You know like the song in "A Chorus Line" or from "Gypsy". . . ;)

Thanks for the link, Uncle. That sure is a great shirt! I wonder if SI plans to use the design and make & sell T-shirts.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
No, I heard this, too. I guess it's not so? Or maybe the older kind needed to be cold but the newer kind don't like it?

I think the ones most people put in the freezer are alkaline batteries. Lithium batteries don't like extreme temps in either direction. I try not to leave mine in a hot car during summer here.

Thank you, SandySu, but I think you misunderstand. I get that it's hard to keep everything in stock, but it took a couple of months of waiting for stock to come in before I could make my first order. This order was my third within a few weeks, and we've been assured at least a few times on this thread that this particular giant order that they just got in would solve all the stocking problems. It just so happens, the little novelty purchase I wanted was one of the few glitches they ran into this time around.

In the meantime, I am working very hard to find flavors and options that he likes - I have got no fewer than 19 flavors steeping right now - unfortunately, it's a slow process. He's very picky and he's not vaping full time - so he only tries one flavor every few days (and the 19 have a couple more weeks to steep). I was THRILLED that he found TWO flavors through SI that he liked well enough to say that he could "see them" helping him quit analogs forever. Why was I thrilled? Because I'd like to be able to rely exclusively on SI products for ease, convenience and product reliability.

I guess don't feel that there's anything wrong with expecting the products that my husband has come to rely on to curb his addiction to be available when he needs them. I understand growing pains, but if they (or any company) wants to continue to grow and not lose customers, they need to get a handle on growing pain issues as soon as possible. The way they do that is exactly what they are doing - listening to honest feedback and taking action accordingly.

I'm sorry if my honest feedback was offensive to some that are fiercely loyal to the company. I'd like to be loyal too and I'm working toward that, but meanwhile, my loyalty is to him and getting him off ciggarettes, so that he is healthier and better able to fight the cancer.

Peace.

I haven't found anything you've posted to be offensive and your loyalty is exactly where it's supposed to be as far as I'm concerned. As a cancer survivor I feel your pain and know first hand what a diagnosis means to a loving family. This forum has a cancer survivors sub forum you may also be interested in and I hope it's ok to post the link here. I posted my experience strength and hope on another forum and the mod copied it to this one. In spite of the title it's not only for survivors.
Cancer Survivors and Loved Ones

TGIF!!! HI HO HI HO>>> You know the rest :(

I OWE I OWE it's off to work I go. lol One of my favorites. Have a great day Mega.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Does anyone know how to post in the clasifides once your verified??
I wenbt through the whole verification thing and i dont see a way to post in there still? (and it says verified next to my name)

I hope I'm not right, but maybe you have to post in the Canadian sales thread.:confused:

Canada Classifieds in E-Cigarette Forum, This forum is strictly for Canadian member sales and trades.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-classifieds/

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California
At least SI doesn't have to deal with the lead time required to ship container loads of goods via ship; that just makes the problem that much worse.

My husband has to deal with that with his business. The freight often sits on the dock for up to 3 months before it gets loaded onto the ship, so his customers try to place their orders well in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread