Not open for further replies.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Do V4L carts fit on Volt batteries?

As much as I'd love to support Volt through and through...I must admit...the flavor selection is kind of lacking.

Hi! :) Like Imagine mentions, you can use blank Smokeless Image cartomizers and fill them with any liquid. i would highly recommend this and this is what I do right now! My fave vape is V4L Wowboy mixed with a little Cotton Candy from BlueMist Vaping. When V4l sent me my Wowboy they sent me one of their Cool Carts pre-filled cartomizers to try, and although it fit no problem on my Volt batts, I have to say that the quality of the vape didn't compare to the smooth full easy draw of the Smokeless Image blank cartomizers!

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Just got some flavors in from vaporbomb.. hopefully they are tasty.. snickerdoodle, zebra stripes (yipes stripes! mmm), hypnotic myst, pandoro, new grape, cinna-bomb, and virginia menthol.. wonder how long i should let these guys age hhehe.. oh yeah.. they sent me passion fruit of all things as a freebie.. not my first choice.. but we'll see lol

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
Do V4L carts fit on Volt batteries?

As much as I'd love to support Volt through and through...I must admit...the flavor selection is kind of lacking.

I had some V4L cartos left over from when I switched to this style. I ended up just giving them all away because I couldn't get them to work well on these batteries, both the Cool Carts and the Wow.
That was with the auto batteries, I'm not sure if the results would be the same on the manual or the sealed autos.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Hey, Sandy! One of the things I do to help me remember what's in a carto with a green (for instance) end cap, is to print a "G' on the label of the juice bottle I filled it from. I also use the little colored dot labels from Avery--the ones I use are a little smaller diameter than a pencil eraser, and you can put an initial or two on them with a fine sharpie. Very low-tech, but with SI bringing out the new end cap colors, I won't be using the labels much any more. Sorry if this is way late; I'm trying to catch up, but wanted to go ahead and share.

I heard Sharpies don't work well. I think maybe a small label maker is in my future.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Hi SandySu,

With the labels and condoms, I find that I have to peel the condoms off. As for putting them on, it's quite a deal for me. My husband can do it, but I can't with my arthritis. I don't use the condoms, but that's only because the case I have now will not fit the cartos with condoms on them. I like the case, because I can fit my batteries with cartos on them along with the drips tips (I don't drip anyhow). I've had no problems with the cartos leaking and I use them up fast enough that they don't lose flavor. I hope this helps.

Is the case you have SI's or another kind? I plan to get SI's carrying case, but if I take extra cartos in it, I will probably want to use the condoms. I was thinking of it mainly to carry batteries with cartos attached, though.

I wonder if the laminated labels are thinner? Anyone know?

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
A talented farrier can work wonders with problem hooves, and if they're not real strong, or have thin walls, a biotin supplement can be helpful. Those boots can be hideously expensive, and I always kept a couple on hand in case of a thrown shoe, but what a pain in the .... to get them off!! Best wishes for you and Penny.
(I figured you might need a little company on your off-topic trail!)

It sounds like you had horses! I didn't know that. These boots are easier than the old Easy Boots. They're Fusion, if you want to Google them and see their site, which has videos of horses in action with the boots on. They are very flexible compared to the Easy Boots.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
SandySu - I would think that the laminated labels would be slightly thicker. I have never used un-laminated labels in my P-Touch 2430 - so I don't know for sure. The laminated labels are great. Even nicquid won't mess them up. It's not a problem for me to get condoms on, but getting them off can be difficult. I get around this by lubricating the carto end that has the label a bit with a tiny bit of PG or VG. It's not a problem.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
SandySu - I would think that the laminated labels would be slightly thicker. I have never used un-laminated labels in my P-Touch 2430 - so I don't know for sure. The laminated labels are great. Even nicquid won't mess them up. It's not a problem for me to get condoms on, but getting them off can be difficult. I get around this by lubricating the carto end that has the label a bit with a tiny bit of PG or VG. It's not a problem.

Thanks. I think the laminated might hold up better, and they may look nicer, too. I guess that's the best option out there. I guess this has been a quandary for others, since SI is already contemplating getting cartos you can write on.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
SandySu, here is an article about the P-Touch tapes. It should give you a good idea about the difference and best uses of the tapes.

http://www.ptouchdirect.com/allabout_labels.html

I use the laminated and it holds up well. I haven't tried the unlaminated, so I can't offer any info on it. The tape does make the condoms harder to take off and put back on. I put my thumb nail under the edge and sort of twist it off while pushing it down with my thumb. Putting a thumb nail under the edge pulls it away from the carto and releases the drag somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread