OH NO!!!! $9.00 Anodized NEW WIDER DRP TIPS with FREE SHIPPING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught my mail carrier in the act of delivering my anodized driptip and I'm trying it out. It's a pretty tight fit so it doesn't just pop on or off as easily as plastic tips or carts, but it is pretty nice looking.

Personally, I think I still prefer the "feel" of the delrin tip, but an overheating LR atty that partially melted it made vaping from it unpleasant for a while so I like the fact that melting probably won't be a problem with the steel tip. Granted the rubber grommet could melt theoretically, but since it's nowhere near the heating element, if it ever melts, losing the grommet or tip would probably be the least of my problems.

Just for fun, I'm using it with an LR atty on my DSE905 for the 100% Chrome look...and IMHO, it looks good! :)

IMG_0399.jpg

(Shot at a downward angle next to the Xhaler for comparison purposes.)

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I just caught my mail carrier in the act of delivering my anodized driptip and I'm trying it out. It's a pretty tight fit so it doesn't just pop on or off as easily as plastic tips or carts, but it is pretty nice looking.

Personally, I think I still prefer the "feel" of the delrin tip, but an overheating LR atty that partially melted it made vaping from it unpleasant for a while so I like the fact that melting probably won't be a problem with the steel tip. Granted the rubber grommet could melt theoretically, but since it's nowhere near the heating element, if it ever melts, losing the grommet or tip would probably be the least of my problems.

Just for fun, I'm using it with an LR atty on my DSE905 for the 100% Chrome look...and IMHO, it looks good! :)

Wow, you MELTED a delrin tip? :w00t:

I've get my LR atty cooking pretty good (keep trying to remember to let it cool a bit) but never melted the drip tip! I think I may keep mine too wet to melt. I drip pretty often and whenever I pull the tip out the bottom is wet.

Wow, you MELTED a delrin tip? :w00t:

I've get my LR atty cooking pretty good (keep trying to remember to let it cool a bit) but never melted the drip tip! I think I may keep mine too wet to melt. I drip pretty often and whenever I pull the tip out the bottom is wet.

It was accidental. My DSE905 Nomad found its way between the cushions of my chair and was dry burning for a while before I realized it. Amazingly, the LR atty is still a fog machine and the D-tip still works great even though its a little mangled on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread