Ohm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Donovan

Oct 7, 2018
That little too symbol that says 0.63, I’m assuming is the ohm. I just got this vape. voopoo drag mini and installed a new coil, I’ve bever seen the number so high so is 0.63 normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • Agree
Reactions: ranjen617

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
Yes it's the ohm of your coil. You'll want to drop your wattage down for that one. The higher the ohm the lesser the watt. Vice versa, the lower the ohm the higher the wastage you can go.

On any new coil start very low then vape a few puffs, say 5, then move up in increments to break it in for longer usage. You can go up about 5 watts per 5 puffs without any harm. Don't try to chain vape on the coil though, the higher the ohm the less you can do that without harm or dry hits. :)

Reactions: greek mule

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
And just to be certain, are you using the tank that came with the kit or a different one? If the coil, regardless of source, says 0.6 ohm then it's correct. You can buy coils in all sorts of design with resistance quite different from one to another. If however the coil is rated 0.15 ohm and showed 0.6 then it's an issue so rather than assume, just double check the coil for its rating.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
@Emily Donovan Your wattage is about right for a .6 ohm coil. I generally build my RTA's at .7ohm and vape at 25 watts... Don't go to high on wattage with a .6ohm coil.... From the image you are at 30 watts. I would probably vape a .6 at about 27 but that is a preference type thing and 30 is not out of the norm...

Do you like a warmer or cooler vape?

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
@Emily Donovan you are using the Voopoo P2 coil that comes pre-installed with alot of the Drag mini kits. It is rated at 24-28 watts. I wouldn't exceed this wattage as you are more likely to kill the coil. 0.6 ohms is the resistance so it reading as 0.63 is fine.

Not sure what you are used to but as has been said already fireluke mesh (not the pro ones) work really well with this tank.

If you only want to use the Voopoo coils then I have been getting on really well with the N3 mesh coil. There is a huge range of coils available for this tank - my advice based on my own experience is use any of them apart from the U2 coil as they die really fast.

Hope that helps - if you have any other questions about the Drag mini or the U-force tank then please ask as there are plenty of us that have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread