Status
Not open for further replies.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey everyone...cant put my finger on this,
just changed coils on my zen and did to about .5 ohm using .8 ribbon which i always used,
the did is new it was properly washed...using juice i always use it seems to make my throat hurt...im not tryin to be funny...seriously...
i was looking for hidden hotspots, seems like i worked out every little kink in that coil but still, it feels a bit harsh--
anyone wanna chime in on this and give me potential reasons?
was it cuz i chain vaped yesterday with hidden hotspots?
is it because the hits are so much harder at .5 ohm? i was using about 0.9- 1.2 ohm coils up to yesterday?
annoying....

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I'm no guru, but yes, I think you're going to get hotter vapor from the .5 ohm. You must be using an unprotected mod. Most protected devices won't let you go that low.

Hey everyone...cant put my finger on this,
just changed coils on my zen and did to about .5 ohm using .8 ribbon which i always used,
the did is new it was properly washed...using juice i always use it seems to make my throat hurt...im not tryin to be funny...seriously...
i was looking for hidden hotspots, seems like i worked out every little kink in that coil but still, it feels a bit harsh--
anyone wanna chime in on this and give me potential reasons?
was it cuz i chain vaped yesterday with hidden hotspots?
is it because the hits are so much harder at .5 ohm? i was using about 0.9- 1.2 ohm coils up to yesterday?
annoying....

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
yeah i use mechs....poldiac, legacy, zen sidewinder, etc...and its the first time i went down to such low ohms (.5)...maybe its just not for me, ima give it one more day and if my throat keeps feelin crappy ima recoil using .5 ribbon instead of .8 (go back to .9-1ohm)...
im not losing flavor at .5 its just hurting.....???????

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
another important point: usually i vape 24mg...since i went down to .5-.6 ohm i bought same juices in 18mg and my throat started hurting....im kinda baffled on this- could it just be the intensity of the vapor? or the breaking in period this time was harsh cuz i missed an edge of a hotspot for a few hours, didnt notice it due to the massive amounts of vapor?
anyone?

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
did poldiac .7ohm  .8ribbonk.jpg ok...i never thought of it like that before....that even 18 is too strong...so...i went back to .7 ohm put in a solid fat wick...the flavor is unreal, no hotstpots, still a tad too warm for me, but really a phenominal vape: pic of coil and wick setup attached:lemme know your thoughts...

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
18mg on these kind of setups is still pretty high. it's ok for cartos but with the kind of hardware you have you're getting serious hits of nic...[/QUOT thanks for the heads up...u know for the 1st time since i started vaping this thought crossed my mind,...i feel like i dont even need 18, and i used to chain vape 24....
now i changed to solid fatter wicks and recoiled, seemed to have made a drastic difference toward a smoother warmer flavorful vape....
pic below...

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
zen sw new coil.jpg heres another pic of my sidewinder new setup been workin last 2 days couldnt address this...thx for all your advice- also a solid wick now, fatter, wrapped better .8ribbbon kanthal....dont know ohms, i would assume based on the did being .7 that this is about .5-.6, the wick hole is a bit smaller on the sidewinder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread