Ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I actually had a 0.007 coil last week, but not really on purpose: I only had NI200 30Ga wire to build a coil for TC vaping, but the posts of my rta don’t hold 30Ga wire, it just slips out. Plus they’re really close together, you can only fit 4-5 wraps. So I wound a Clapton wire out of two pieces of NI200 30Ga, that way I could screw it onto the posts, but obviously the resistance was even lower than with a simple NI200 coil = 0.007.
Sounds like a short and you were just reading mod resistance.

I had a 4 strand parallel 26ga Ni200 coil, shooting for 0.01Ω as that was as low as the display would read... :lol:

Reactions: stols001

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I use the Paranormal at 8p watts boost.
I'm not a regulated guy, I do vape on them at times but pretty much 90% all Mech. I see that it's a dual battery Regulated Mod, so my best advice is get good batteries. I recommend the Sony VTC5A's for they've got an excellent balance of power and mAh. You really don't need to worry so much about ohms on a regulated Mod, just don't go below 0.1Ω and most regulated Mod's like what you have won't fire that low unless it's in Temp Control.

So bottom line find the build you like that works for you just make sure you have good batteries. Personally I'd recommend building around 0.25Ω and work from there to find your sweet spot, that is unless your a MTL Vaper then start around 1.0Ω.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Sounds like a short and you were just reading mod resistance.

I had a 4 strand parallel 26ga Ni200 coil, shooting for 0.01Ω as that was as low as the display would read... :lol:
No, it wasn’t a short, I was vaping happily at 0.007 with TC working for a couple of days until I got my hands on a spool of Ss316...
EDIT: I just realized there’s one zero to many, obviously it was 0.07

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Whats TC vaping?
miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Asbestos4004

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sorry, I just corrected my earlier post, I got confused with the zeros, it was 0.07
I thought that might be the case. ;) Try out some SS430 if you get a chance, it has the highest TCR of all the SS wires and no nickle. You can get a 200' spool of 28ga from Unkamen for $10, can be used single or twisted to make it bigger, it's a nice TC wire.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Isnt it almost impossible to ohm out at 1.0? Im at .42 and I was told that was high that .25 to .3 is a good range. I just put an extra wrap to ohm out at .r2 to save on battery life.

I literally do not know where to start with a comment such as this.

Are you genuinely asking if it is possible to achieve a 1 ohm build? If that’s the case, then you haven’t read and understood any of the comments made in any of the topics you have started. Scary.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I literally do not know where to start with a comment such as this.

Are you genuinely asking if it is possible to achieve a 1 ohm build? If that’s the case, then you haven’t read and understood any of the comments made in any of the topics you have started. Scary.
You must be new to the OP's threads... :lol:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um it's pretty easy to build a 1.0 ohm coil, I'm guessing even you could do it, if you took a look at steam-engine.org, or if you don't want to do that, well buy some premade 1.0 coils.

You might like it you won't know until you try it. I consider your resistance of 0.43 slightly mediocre sub0ming, meaning on occasion, even I will use a 0.5ish coil if I'm really bored or something.

I started vaping with 0.15 coils (my kid was a super sub0hm vaper, and I absolutely loathed it.

I mean no INSULT mind you there is nothing inherently better about super sub0hm vaping and you have to be willing to go through a TON of batteries and juice.

But everyone likes to vape how they like to vape.

I absolutely refuse to discuss TC vaping with you right now. I'd need a good night of sleep and like a valium first.

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure we ALL will be discussing it in the days to come with you, myself included, but I refuse to START NOW. I'm trying to get ready for dinner, not a migraine. No offense.

Anna

jolly_st_nic

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Extreme subohm, or even somewhat extreme subohm, ruins my experience of vaping by causing me an OCD-like worry about device malfunction. With every hit I think my jaw will be gone by the time I exhale, especially on a mech. To each his own. I use vaping to not smoke, and I'm not interested in huge clouds. One detrimental thing, from my point of view, the subohm cloud thing has done is to normalize low-nic juice. I just signed up for Zamplebox, and the highest nicotine option was 6 mg. Not everyone likes huge clouds, so some of us still prefer some juice with higher nicotine. 18 mg, 24 mg, 36 mg - these, which used to be standard offerings, are more important to me than 0.15 ohms.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
especially on a mech.
Shouldn’t you write ‘only on mechanical mods’? What risk is there on a regulated mod? I have had many shorts on my Pico (when my coils where too large for the tank), all that happens is the power to the coil gets cut off and the display shows ‘Atomizer short’.

jolly_st_nic

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Shouldn’t you write ‘only on mechanical mods’? What risk is there on a regulated mod? I have had many shorts on my Pico (when my coils where too large for the tank), all that happens is the power to the coil gets cut off and the display shows ‘Atomizer short’.

I'm not saying there is any risk, it's more just an OCD-like worry. It may very well not be a rational concern, but I have a difficult time enjoying my vape because of fear that something could go wrong. I've just ordered a mech along with a Smoketek kick, even though it's probably safe just to use the mech unregulated if you're a more advanced user. I'm certainly not saying that low builds, or even full mechs, are inherently dangerous. I like to relax when I vape, and anything that adds to my peace of mind is a good thing, really. Cheers.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

That is exactly the reason you should have an ohm meter for builds. Mods are not perfect and can fail. Anyone that is building should have an ohm meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread