Okay, here goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherY

May 9, 2010
Michigan
First I want to thank Shawn at Zig Cigs for the prize, Thyestean for holding the contest and everyone that nominated me.

Shawn's products are top notch and he even packs everything in environmentally friendly popcorn (actual popped corn!). ECF is a great community and I'm very thankful for all the helpful information.

However, please don't hurt me :( (especially domino38!), for what I'm about to say.

I'm sorry. We tried. We really did. We just aren't e-liquid people. I tried to be as careful as I could and I still made a mess and I think overdosed myself with nicotine in the process. I was so excited that I ordered all three Halo menthols (TruePure, Menthol Ice and Cool Mist) in 15 ml bottles from Modern Vapor in 36 mg. for my husband to try with the 510s. I tried dripping on the bridge and filling the cartridges - but the 510s were all airy and gurgly both ways. The real problem is the liquid, though. When we figured out that the 510s weren't going to work for us - I filled one of our empty E9 cartos with Halo and got two hits before it just quit and brown burnt liquid came out. We just don't want to mess with liquid - even for refilling cartos. Cartos are still cheaper than cigarettes - and cleaner for fumblethumbs like me (and forget my husband, he hasn't even switched over completely yet - so yeah, juggling liquids vs. buying a pack is a no-brainer for him).

We just have to be honest with ourselves. We really like our Green Smoke kits. If they would have had high nicotine cartridges we wouldn't have looked anywhere else. On their affiliate board, I suggested they up their mgs and they are considering it - but they are careful with the FDA and legality and claims that e-cigs are getting people addicted to more nicotine, etc.

I did discover that VG doesn't dry out and hurt the branches in my lungs like PG did. However - since it's thicker, my lungs like to hack it all out right away. I think this may be because I'm a stress/social smoker and not a true smoker and the cilia in my lungs is probably not damaged enough - so it's overly sensitive. I realize I could make my lungs get used to it - but that doesn't seem wise. I was a half a pack a day smoker for a while, but a bout of bronchitis led me to quit - so I don't need the nicotine. I have to say that I love vaping so much - for the habitually calming way it effects my anxiety - that I just vape no nic flavors like a cigar, rolling the vapor in my mouth and I'm happy with that.

Here's the part that domino38 is going to want to smack me for: Since we tried V4Ls KR808s and they didn't work for us and the 510s didn't work for us... and we liked our Green Smoke E9s - but they didn't have high nic or VG... we (dunt, dunt, duhhhhh)... ordered from e-cig.com!

:evil:Mmmuuwwwwahahahahahahahh!

...and y'know what? We were happy with them. We tried E9 e-smoke.net cartos and E9 Vapure.com cartos but didn't care for the flavors of either of them. Call us crazy, but we like the subtle flavors that Green Smoke had. Intense flavors was one of the things that put us off of V4L. So we bit the bullet and ordered from China (e-cig.com). One thing that happened was that my overprotective debit card froze my account until I could reassure them that - YES, I did order something from China.:p

The packaging was nothing compared to Green Smoke - but that great packaging, marketing and affiliate support is what you pay for (and I actually like the company for it - and the fact that they are working on making their own cartos in the US instead of China). The e-cig.com batteries are a little more t[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]emperamental [/FONT] - but the cartos taste great (to us), have great vapor and all their stuff (batts, chargers, cartos, etc.) is way cheaper! It takes a bit longer in shipping, though.

So I'm here to say that we're sorry, but we're E9/carto lovers.:blush:

BUT... THIS SHOULD MAKE UP FOR IT::w00t:
  • 4 Premium Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes (4 Atomizers and 4 rechargeable lithium ION batteries) Z 510 series (2 titanium, 2 black)
  • 5 Pre filled Flat Tip Cartridges (Filters) with Marb flavor 16mg E-liquid
  • 5 "E-liquid Ready" Black Round Tip Cartridges (Filters)
  • 5 "E-liquid Ready" Black Flat Tip Cartridges (Filters)
  • 1 Standard 120v Home Charger
  • 1 120v wall outlet AC/USB adapter for use with PCC or USB charger
  • 1 PCC (Personal "on the go" Charging Case)
    1. Menthol Tobacco 12 mg
    2. Smooth Menthol Tobacco 12 mg
    3. Chocolate Cherry 0 mg
    4. Chocolate Cherry 12 mg
    5. Michigan Cherry 0 mg
    6. Michigan Cherry 12 mg
    7. Pina Colada 0 mg
    8. Florida Orange 0 mg
    9. Florida Orange 12 mg
    10. Georgia Peach 0 mg
    11. Hazelnut Coffee 0 mg
    12. Vanilla Cinnamon 12 mg
I want to pay this all forward. I've never done that - so I need advice. Should I put it all together. Should I ship it to Thyestean for another contest? Should I break it up?

We tried 2 of the 510s for a couple hits each. I think I only opened the Florida Orange 0 mg and used a couple drops on the bridge and all the others are unopened. I think we used 3 of the 510 cartridges.

We tried the Halo juices first. I think we only opened two of them and only used a little in the 510 cartridges and one empty E9 carto. So all the juices are pretty much full bottles.

Since I paid $42 for all three Halo juices - I was thinking of putting them up for sale (or swap if anyone here is crazy like us and has E9 stuff)... but I've never done that either and have to look into how it works.

That's my long and sordid tale, please advise... and thanks to everyone!

- H.

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
If I were you I would wait a bit. Tastes change and what tastes good today may not taste good next week. There isn't any hurry to get rid of what you have. I know filling, dripping, rolling, spinning, flushing, boiling, and all of the other ings can be a bit too much to get used to and can be frustrating at times. Still, I'd wait. In a month you may decide your not happy with what you're using now and want to give some of the others another try.

sassyblondeinwa

May 27, 2010
spokane
do you know someone who wants to quit smoking... you might try selling all that stuff to friends or giving it to a person who you think would love to try to quit smoking cancer sticks... i gave my first e cig kit to a pregnant lady so she could try to quit smoking before the baby gets here... just a thought... .and dont ride me people about giving a prego lady nicotine.. she was already smoking analogs.. and i know just as you do that vaping is better for her ...

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I second that you should wait a bit. I found that new juices, new gear generally takes me a few days to warm up to, then quickly becomes my favorite. Also you are bound to run into someone who wants to quit and it would be nice to have some stuff to start them on. I have already bought and given away 3 kits and turned 3 people into non-smokers! It was wonderful to be able to do it........

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Hey Heather. Sorry to see they didn't work out for you.

By the looks of it though you have found what will work for both you and your husband so I'm glad to see that.

I would agree with the above posts about not needing to be in a rush to get rid of it. But if you're 100% sure, which it seems that you are, that they aren't for you and that what you're using is the way you want to continue to go then I am glad to see you trying to pass them along to someone who might use them. Much better than letting them sit in a closet unused.

As for any thoughts of sending them to me... please don't :D

Giving them away in whatever way you decide is definitely a much better option. And there is enough there to get one or two people started whichever is best for you.

And since you asked for advice/suggestions.....

The PIF sub-forum could definitely be a viable option.

Or even just keeping your eyes open for someone in need while perusing the rest of the forum.

You could even do your own contest in the members contest forum if you wanted to have a little fun with it.

Another option is you could check out the video posted in this thread : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ivapour-uk/96670-true-love-stories.html and if you like what you see you could always shoot truelove a message here on the forum and see if he would be interested in putting the stuff to use for one of his videos/stories/conversions.

No matter which way you decide to do it I'm sure someone will end up appreciating it.

And as for the Halo liquids, there are so many people that love Halo that I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem selling them off in the Classifieds. ;)

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Heather if you like what you have then just go with it. I started with the Green Smoke kit and it got me off cigs. They were just a bit pricey for me. Gave the kit to my kid and it got him to stop smoking too! It was well worth the money!
It is a good kit, just a more expensive is all.

The PIF garage sale is good, it is a place to give unwanted things away to others that may need them. Or just cruise the new members forum for someone that may need those things and send them a pm. You will make someones day, and possibly save a life!
That is pricesless:)

HeatherY

May 9, 2010
Michigan
Thanks for thinking of us in regards to waiting... but we really aren't going to overcome our aversion to working with liquids.

I love turning people on to vaping, but I have to be honest and passionate about it and since we love the ease of two piece w/cartos - that's what I feel comfortable telling people about. There are so many people on here who would appreciate these items, I think here is the best place to give back.

Since I won this generous prize, I wouldn't feel right about selling or trading for it. I have started getting PMs for some of it and I've posted in PIF, too.

Thyestean - Thanks so much for your help, I hadn't seen the Vape TV yet (soooo coool!) and I am going to PM him to see if he could use some of the set.

Thanks again!

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Heather, I'd NEVER get ANGRY with someone else's choices!! :ohmy:

If you like your E9, I'm THRILLED!! :w00t: Whatever keeps you off analogs is what makes me happy. AND, never worry about what ANYONE else will think of your decisions, they're just that, YOURS.

I just wish you'd told me before you went and bought the kit from e-cigs...you could have had the one I have and can't GIVE away!! :lol:

If you DO want it, (and a BUNCH of prefilled cartos, just PM me and we'll work something out! :))

And, I agree with everyone else, keep some of your goodies for awhile, you never know what you'll like in the future! Congrats on your win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread