Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello fellow PAPs lovers, I have a need for spring (s) !!!! I placed an order for some little bits, but with the holidays, package got to customs in NY but its been there ( I hope ) ever since.

My dilema has been not wanting to bother mr P, it was not that expensive and it might someday get here.

So, I see that on the site, there are no more springs, so if VA does not have any more, does anyone know the specs of the springs and where one might be able to find something compatible? I like the real light wieght ones and since I use them so much, they do get out of specs. I figure I have 4 X 2.5 switches and lets say I replace one a year on each, Id like to get a few years worth :)

Any help would be very appreciated, Id love to get a bunch, since they are compatible with almost all my other beloved mechs.

Reactions: petrotech

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
There will be lots more mech orphans now that Perseas has announced shutting VapourArt down (on Feb 1st). Another vape gear chapter comes to a close, but their legacy will always live on.

NO WAY.....
This is so depressing to me....
doll-japanese-head-hina-old-036.jpg

Reactions: petrotech
A couple of years ago I decided I was done with mech's. Moving on and all... I went all in on regulated boxes. Over the last year I found myself grabbing the mech's I had left more and more often as I headed out the door. Nostalgia maybe? For whatever reason I just like them. So I bought some new ones, the Nemesis's.

The PAPS X (not the one I have now, an original 1.0) was my first mech and first really nice device. It's sad to see Vapour Art go, but the writing has been on the wall for the last year or so. I've kept the `350 tubes and the SnP tank because it just feels right to have them, I'll most likely never use them. Same for the Sofia and Cage tank.

Orphans or not, these and more to come will get used daily until I give up vaping altogether.

IMG_1691.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
A couple of years ago I decided I was done with mech's. Moving on and all... I went all in on regulated boxes. Over the last year I found myself grabbing the mech's I had left more and more often as I headed out the door. Nostalgia maybe? For whatever reason I just like them. So I bought some new ones, the Nemesis's.

The PAPS X (not the one I have now, an original 1.0) was my first mech and first really nice device. It's sad to see Vapour Art go, but the writing has been on the wall for the last year or so. I've kept the `350 tubes and the SnP tank because it just feels right to have them, I'll most likely never use them. Same for the Sofia and Cage tank.

Orphans or not, these and more to come will get used daily until I give up vaping altogether.

View attachment 715989
Is that the New version of the Nemesis, the Nemesis Matte ? Ive been eyeing that for a while, so purdy

Is that the New version of the Nemesis, the Nemesis Matte ? Ive been eyeing that for a while, so purdy

It is. I bought it directly from Atmomixani along with the shined one. The flat cap and the floating pin upgrades are worth having also. Pricey, but I justify it as supporting one of the "originals" that are still turning out quality devices.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well Ive been bad, but could not pass up this incredible price on the Nemesis.

Nemesis-001.jpg
Nemesis-002.jpg

I also got an Animodz Amstaff 18350 (R). They were such a bargain, I got some Bday money and could not pass on them. The little Chiwawa by Animodz is sitting on top of a steal I found,The Sturm 14500 (L).

The Amstaff is topped by another wonderful deal I got here on ECF a few weeks ago. The Pitbull by Animodz.
animodz-003.jpg

GUS telescopic, the latest version 2.2.

It's not an orphan and I hope it stays that way. As we continue to lose companies that have been part of the vape market since way back I feel I want to promote those who have toughed it out and stayed active in spite of TPA, FDA and changing vape fashion.

This is a nice mod. Really nice. It's light without feeling flimsy. The switch is smooth. The tension is very natural, not too hard not too soft. The fuse in the positive pin is a nice comfort when using smaller batteries with limited current ratings. You can always swap out that pin with one from a PAPS or Nemesis if you are using quality, high power, batteries. The lack of a spring loaded, auto adjusting, positive pin at first feels like a step back from some other mods. After a short while though, the reliability of it and the conductivity turn out to be a good solution. What worked well in 2013/2014 stills works well today. The engraving on the telescopic section is very nice, it's a practical solution to the swirls you can get from normal use on a telescopic mod. It looks and feels much nicer 'in the flesh' than it appears in pictures.

This, to me, is not one to put on the shelf and look at every now and again. This is a mod you put in your pocket, toss in the glove box and just use day in and day out. With a little care it should last a lifetime.

IMG_1694.jpg

Erinqua

Mar 20, 2017
Hello everyone!
I'm kinda new to ECF and I need some help. Currently looking for some 20mm mechas (mcr101sl, Defender or any other). All I've found is this thread, no buy/sell or whatever I can see here.
Can anyone please give me the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

And a photo of my 'this moment' setup, just not to be too boring.
IMG_20180214_101509-1024x768.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It's a pity I didn't hear about it earlier... Took just a couple of z2 tubes, just in case. Hope they are 20x1.
Thanks for your post.

They are not 20 x 1, Ive loved the Zen tubes for ever. They have a unique HOH threading. It was cheaper to buy the whole unit with chinese characters and the spare tubes than buying the top caps and switches and buttons separately.

PM me , there are a couple places still that carry parts so you can get tops and switches. If you do, let me know if the stiff spring is OK with you are if youd like me to send you a softer one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread