Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It's a V2 (2.0) with the vertical PAPS writing and serial# on the 18350 tube only. I also still have the 18500 tube.
Thanks for the info, I'll consider getting one. It seems it would be a lot cheaper to buy the whole mod than buy the seperate V3 button and end cap. I had already replaced the V2 switch for an upgraded version (it's still on the 18650 tube which I lost) so no harm now in mixing/matching versions.

We need a photo :)

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
We need a photo :)
OK, here you go, I think there might be old pics of it built up still on this site somewhere, maybe not.
gpv2_zpsvezizwgs.jpg

That's the old V2 switch parts along with 18350 and 18500 tubes. Also an adjustable (upgrade) end connector pin. The GG AFS V2 atomiser was in the same box, so I put it in the pic.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
OK, here you go, I think there might be old pics of it built up still on this site somewhere, maybe not.
gpv2_zpsvezizwgs.jpg

That's the old V2 switch parts along with 18350 and 18500 tubes. Also an adjustable (upgrade) end connector pin. The GG AFS V2 atomiser was in the same box, so I put it in the pic.

Beautiful, Im envious. I have an old GUS from around the same era. I always wanted one of these PAPs

Reactions: petrotech

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
For reg cleaning, I use soap and water (Dawn is real good) to brighten up brass when it get oxidized to the point I get low performance/ warm switch, I use a very soft and non abrasive cleaner by Weimans. Its supposed to be good for food items, so I can use it on my DT.

For stainless steel I just use soap and water and acetone on threads and high percentage alcohol where there might be contact with orings.

If my Stainless gets real dirty or I use one of those sunshine cloths but if it has engravings you have to be careful because even the sunshine cloths have micro abrasives and will eventually smooth out light engravings/logos.

For used items I get that are dull and have lots of surface scuffs, I wash in hot water, scrub threads, then I take some autosol which is lightly abrasive, rub it trying to follow the brushed finish as not to mess it up.

I know that many used autosol on mirror finished items but Ive always been a bit hesitant. I have that old GUS that is mirror finished, it has lots of surface micro scuffs, but am nervous about making swirl marks or any rub marks on it. I do use a sunshine cloth on it and figure, I can live with the "character"

Getting rid of surface scuffs on brushed devices I just finish the autosol rubbing, with a scotchbrite pad wrapping it around and turning as evenly as I can to mask the scuffs.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
speaking of which...how do you guys clean your copper/brass mods and get scratches out?
I use a dremel and white polishing rouge to remove deep scratches from copper or brass mods.
You can "re brush" it with a scotchbrite pad to get that factory brushed finish.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I use a dremel and white polishing rouge to remove deep scratches from copper or brass mods.
You can "re brush" it with a scotchbrite pad to get that factory brushed finish.

Ive always been a bit nervous about the dremel treatment, so many pads to chose from. Do you have an attachment you could show us that is good but not going to remove half the thickness of our tubes? 'Cause I can just see myself ending up with a real light tube:)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Ive always been a bit nervous about the dremel treatment, so many pads to chose from. Do you have an attachment you could show us that is good but not going to remove half the thickness of our tubes? 'Cause I can just see myself ending up with a real light tube:)

Use the felt pad and a stick of white polish (rouge).
It will remove scratches and mirror polish it. Its a polish so its abrasive but thats the only way to remove a scratch.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Got this little guy 2010-2011 (don't remember exactly when)
    And yes, that's the mod that fell out of a duck blind & spent a week at the bottom of Ogden Bay.
    I still have it and use it quite often.

P1000863_zpsc9hvseko.jpg

This one isn't quite as old, but is still a great blast from the past.

P1000871_zpszokxfkvz.jpg

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    Hello Orphans. @kiba , did you ever figure out what those switches are? I curious.

Here are some photos of my little 16mm mechs. Was sharing info on another thread with someone looking for 20mm and 16mm mechs.

View attachment 654893
    Yes, I think it's oblivion, chi you, paps, caravela

Reactions: anavidfan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread