Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Hi guys. I can't get no ox or noalox here in the uk. What types of lube should i look for?
Any conductive or non conductive electrical greasing agent. Thanks
You should be fine with sewing machine oil/lube or electric shaver razer blade oil

Reactions: Zutankhamun

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
@sparkky1

Found It on eBay in the UK for me. £9.95 for that tiny bottle.
Is it worth it?

Will it work on my gold plated mod as well? Thanks
Hey Z!!!!!

I don't know which one of those you picked, but did you try checking an auto parts store? I've bought the dielectric grease at the local DIY auto parts places, but I don't know which ones you might have in the UK. I got my No-OX from Provape, so I paid a bit more for it since it was for the Provari and not for my car project.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Dielectric Grease vs Conductive Grease

Here is way more information about the grease than anyone may want. I use the silicone myself because it doesn't seem to hurt rubber. When I replaced the computer on my car, it said to put a dielectric grease in the plug before attaching the power to the computer, so I just did it because they said to. I have also used it for other electric connections on the car that are exposed to weather, and it does seem to keep things from sticking together. YMMV.

If you do use silicone grease, go lightly. It will make everything slicker than snot and gets all over everything until you can get your hands and anything you touched washed off. I had some fun times after I got the stuff on the door knob to my house and it took a while for me to remember what I was doing the last time I could open the door with out falling over as I tried to get a good grip to turn the darn thing. :ohmy::facepalm:

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Dielectric Grease vs Conductive Grease

Here is way more information about the grease than anyone may want. I use the silicone myself because it doesn't seem to hurt rubber. When I replaced the computer on my car, it said to put a dielectric grease in the plug before attaching the power to the computer, so I just did it because they said to. I have also used it for other electric connections on the car that are exposed to weather, and it does seem to keep things from sticking together. YMMV.

If you do use silicone grease, go lightly. It will make everything slicker than snot and gets all over everything until you can get your hands and anything you touched washed off. I had some fun times after I got the stuff on the door knob to my house and it took a while for me to remember what I was doing the last time I could open the door with out falling over as I tried to get a good grip to turn the darn thing. :ohmy::facepalm:

I shouldn't lol but you made it sound funny
Lol :lol:

Reactions: cats5365
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread