OMG VV - & - VV General Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
Just picked one up today. FIRST VV Mod ever in 2+ years of vaping!

I was wondering what are the best ohm / resistance combinations for this device to get good vapor production without the harsh TH?

Battery is charging right now so I haven't tried to use it. I have a tank, Dual Coil Mega Cartoz with 3.0 ohm replacement carts and 1.5ohms as well and blank Cool Carts

I am going to try 1.5 with the 4.3 volt setting first and see how that goes.

Any suggestions?

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I don't have one of the OMG VV's , but from what I understand you will need to keep the voltage lower if using low-resistance cartos (it's going to downshift on you anyways if you go over the amp limit). For a 1.5, I'd be somewhere in the 3v range. If you want to do 4+ volts I would advise going higher on the resistance. I suspect Mr Morandir will post some helpful info for us on this soon!

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
I use the "CoolCart-like" 3.0 ohm single coil at 4.5-5.2V because some of the higher hits are a little strong. I get a great amount of vapor with it.

Just picked one up today. FIRST VV Mod ever in 2+ years of vaping!

I was wondering what are the best ohm / resistance combinations for this device to get good vapor production without the harsh TH?

Battery is charging right now so I haven't tried to use it. I have a tank, Dual Coil Mega Cartoz with 3.0 ohm replacement carts and 1.5ohms as well and blank Cool Carts

I am going to try 1.5 with the 4.3 volt setting first and see how that goes.

Any suggestions?

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
yeah I didn't use the adaptor that came in the box. I use the one that came extra in the package, btw that was a nice touch! Especially being that the one in the box only has 2 holes. i like options! With that one I actually think it has almost too airy of a draw. I will touch on this subject on the review I am working on right now.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
As for voltage.

I found my sweet spot to be about 4.4volts for the 1.5ohm DC. around 5volts for 2ohm DC. I don't understand this, but for my 3ohm single Boge cartomizers i have to keep it under 4volts or it gets a burnt taste. For the most part this is where i keep all my VV devices at. Give or take on mood though. Taste changes a lot in just a couple .1's of a volt. I have only been using VV devices for a couple weeks now, so I have a lot to learn. All I know is VV or VW(variable wattage)is the way to go! unless you always use the came cart/atty, same juice. Then a mechanical mod or just battery would be ok i guess.

newb

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Chicago Area Burbs
I'd be curious to hear the difference between the boge 3.0 and a coolcart, if you have one.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

Ive heard of people using the CoolCart with other VV devices in other subsections and vendors of this forum. I have yet to read any complaints.

I bought mine with intentions of using a tank. Long Battery Life and less frequent filling / topping off can not go wrong with me.. I cant wait to get the other adapter so I can really get the full experience with this device.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I use coolcarts with all my PVs, mainly for testing new flavors now, and prefer them over other cartos I've tried. The reason I had asked about coolcarts vs 3.0 ohm boge cartos is that they're the same ohm rating, and I'm wondering how they compare on the VV (where it was noted that, compared to LR cartos, the voltage setting he used for the boge wasn't consistent with expectations).

I agree that tanks are the way to go, the bigger the better! I'm all for ease of use / minimal refilling and battery changes. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread