Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
@Dixie1954: Lithium batteries should be stored at around 3.65v or 40% charged. They are easy to check with a cheap meter or even one of those cheap vape ohmmeters. Without any meters, say from empty, you know it takes 3 hours to charge up that battery to full. Then just pull it off charge in half of the time. That will be very close to perfect.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
My concern with this is a product being sent out to soon or rushed just to make the date.
Yeah, that's definitely a valid concern. That's why i mentioned waiting a couple of months beyond that to wait for customer feedback ( there will always be early adapters ). My other concern is if a product is introduced before Aug 8, but is then found to have a minor issue or bug, will the vendor get to fix that issue, or will the fix turn it into a new product ? Lots of unknowns still.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
Not that I ever heard of. Working tobacco was a very common job for teens where I live, for decades. You could work starting at age 14 since it was farm labor. At this point, they have given up on teens and stick to migrant workers. I guess kids don't want to work that hard anymore.
I remember the summers of working in tobacco. $25 a Day for a few hours!! That's like a million dollars to a young teen in the late 70s-early 80s. The boys picked it, us girls worked the sewing machines. Then the farmer got bulk barns and us girls were out of a summer job.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Speaking of which, I have my first ever order of 100mg nic coming. I've never dealt with nicotine in these kinds of strengths and am somewhat concerned.

Can someone tell me how do you handle 100 mg nicotine when transferring into smaller bottles? Do you wear gloves? What about the fumes? Are they harmful?

Has anyone spilled or dripped any 100 mg nicotine on themselves?

+1 on what others said. Also you will want good ventilation and to be prepared for any spills. I handle 100mg on a raised-edge cookie sheet under the stove vent. Keep paper towels and plastic bag for waste on hand. Already wear glasses but add nitrile gloves. If young or elders will be in your home, search for my post on ammo cases.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
According to Dimitris Agrafiotis, manufactures have two years after August 8, 2016 to submit the required application for FDA approval, or they must stop selling.

My guess is little will change after August 8th. I suspect most can't afford to do everything that the FDA wants them to do anyway. So most will probably keep manufacturing and selling until the two years is up.
In many states they will likely have to get tobacco dealers licensees after 8-8.
Some may not be able to get those because of their backgrounds.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I looked into it but many said stick with the V2 base . I think the V2 is a little too airy already .

Tried v2 and nowhere near enough for me.

It didn't have enough airflow for me to take even a restrictive Lung hit.

I may have had a flawed base buf v3 works perfectly for me.

Reactions: herb

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Is there such a thing as a bargain-basement squonker? Don't know if I will like it so don't want to spend very much. Plus, that's just my preferred shopping method. I haunt the clearance and specials sections online.

Yes its called the Fountsin v2.

It looks like an Atty with an RDA sitting on top of it.

It has a plastic bottle that holds 5 ml of Juice. Squeeze THR bottle to squonk your coils.

I bought two of them ob Fasttech snd a few spare bottles for it.

Reactions: MikeADore

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I agree, it is a common sense thing and not really all that dangerous in the grand scheme of things.

The common sense part, well, not everyone has the same level of common sense. I think it's a good practice to share safe handling practices often, as now there are a lot more folks buying nic who may not have taken the time to read up on it.
That certainly is the truth. Common sense isnt common any more.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
That could be possible, also possible is great deals from vendors WANTING to help vapers.
Thats why i say prep now if you can instead of waiting for the last minutes.

What happens if you wait and

A. Its long gone.
B. Costs three times as much.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Wow, that is amazing. Did anybody get sick from using their bare hands?
I never did.

In the spring i followed the tobacco sitter with a peg so i could put in any spaces the people on the sitter missed and I. The winter strip the tobacco. I never got sick

But i never sprayed tge chemicals to stop the suckers. And worms.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So it's not just the FDA regulations, you fear what the state(s) will do, on top of what the FDA has already done.

I just have mixed feelings about stockpiling from personal experience. I stockpiled ( unintentionally ) for most of 2014, and i now have hundreds of dollars of barely ( or never ) used equipment ( most of which are obsolete ) and liters of eliquid which i will likely never use :facepalm:

Don't know what to do really, but i'm leaning towards waiting at least until Aug 8 and probably a few months after that ( to get customer feedback for the newer items ), so i can decide what to stock-pile, if i chose to go that route. I'm pretty sure a lot of vendors will be rushing in with new products up until then, to buy themselves an additional two years.

There wont be any new products after 8/8.2016.

Focus only stockpiling things likely to go away.

Mods
Attys
Coils
Nicotine
Flavors for eJuice. Don't use Loran oils. My GOD is that stuff NASTY.
Possibly wire.

If you have obsolete gear list it for sale on eBay etc.

You may have sone gear you wouldnt be caught dead using but you may have the very thing Someone else wants.

Look around at all the people who prefer to use swuonkers, mech mods, old Kayfun, Orchid, etc attys.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I just have mixed feelings about stockpiling from personal experience. I stockpiled ( unintentionally ) for most of 2014, and i now have hundreds of dollars of barely ( or never ) used equipment ( most of which are obsolete ) and liters of eliquid which i will likely never use :facepalm:

Ding!Ding!Ding!

You know they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time. ;)
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If availability drops and prices jump, we may need a "Woulda, coulda, shoulda" thread to corral all those posts before they take over the forum. I hope I'm wrong!

I don't think you are.

I fullg expect those that could not be bothered to prep, rebuild, or DIY Ejuice will be making the most noise.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
There wont be any new products after 8/8.2016.

BULL.

No Way is some maybe gonna happen U.S.A. FDA ruling going to stop the rest of the world's top vape manufacturers from pumping out new stuff.

Thankfully most of the makers are Chinese and they couldn't give a flying damn about the FDA.

I would, if I had money to bet, bet that there MAY be only one change to the current situation until at
least the end of this year. That being that U.S. based vendors will probably ask for a scanned copy of your ID or some other form or age verification. And, I don't have a bit of any problem with that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
At least those of us on the forum have warning. I feel sorry for those who only do brick and mortar. I don't think all of them are informing customers of the effects of the Deeming Regs, and they will be in for a nasty surprise. So will those who live in states with no internet tobacco sales. On 8/8, most e-cig stuff is deemed tobacco. The states will enforce this as a way to get their (exorbitant) tax money.

Needless to say, I'm stocking up now. I have no problem using the old tech until it breaks. Until this FDA nonsense started, I hadn't bought any hardware for a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread