On stockpiling after FDA deeming regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Congress not only has the Right, they have a Responsibility to Do So.

They are supposed to be part of the Check and Balance so that an agency like the FDA doesn't go Off the Reservation like they have with e-Cigarettes.

right on brother, you are correct...........but since the congress is also now corrupt...well, you get the point.

Reactions: zoiDman

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Federal trumps State
    When federal statutes conflict with state statues, that's correct. But when a specific state statute defines something in a particular way for the purposes of that statute, I do not think a federal regulation defining something more broadly would override a narrower definition in the statute statute.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    I just got a Glovari 2.5 today, and you all are right! Feels weird, and I'm afraid I will manage to chip it. Did you cover the button and screen when spraying? I have some clear gloss spray, but I'm chicken! Still hoping for a J-Wraps sale.
    I grabbed a ton of jwraps for a buck on Provape.com.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Egads.... I've been 'retiring' mods and tanks left and right and I still have 8-10 of them around me!

must....cut...down...on...active....setups.....

Funny, I started with just ONE 'mod' and two tanks. I like leaving one in the 'throne room' as well as having one on the night stand for those late night puffs (much safer than smoking in bed!), then there's the ultralight setup that lives in my coat pocket as a backup.

Humm.... I've whittled down to ONE high output setup but can't decide on a medium and low output setup. The Kanger STM/TTM are the front runners because of capacity and they can double as a medium output setup. The TTM is winning out over the Nautilus and K1's but does not fit my V3's very well. While I can rebuild the K1 coils they are a PITA so the low output is leaning towards the Nautilus mini. Its easily rebuildable plus I have VVTF V1 and V2 RBA's to go with it (them).

So for medium output I'm leaning towards the TTM but don't want to discount the Lemo's. All my single battery mods have been migrated to single coil builds, the dual battery mods mostly reserved for dual coil and high output builds (the Cuboid has a full size Nautilus on it!).

My 26650 mods will fire a low output to medium output setup all day and then some. I think they will end up with the medium output tanks while I migrate the low output tanks to the single 18650 mods.

Decisions decisions decisions! I never expected downsizing for stashing away would be so difficult!

Reactions: grandmato5

SpiritBear

ECF Veteran
    Apr 29, 2013
    Maricopa Co, Arizona, USA
    Bottom line is they classify Vaping as tobacco due to it has nicotine, so with that logic Potato's, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Cauliflower, etc., etc. is Tobacco.

Push needs be on the threshold issue and that is it.

Just for some knowledge base, how hard would it be to extract nicotine from potatoes? Heck, potatoes can be grown in a bag now, so would be about the cheapest and easiest to work with. Is the nicotine in the actual potato, or is it in the leaves/stems? Would the extraction be difficult or require stuff most people wouldn't have access to?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I have asked this Many Times. And gotten Very Few answers.

If the Predicate Date was change to Mid 2014 in the Cole-Bishop Amendment, do you think it would have a Better Chance of making it thru Reconciliation?

And would you Support moving the Predicate date to Mid-2014?
    It would probably be a better chance.
    That would also cut out the higher wattage stuff which the vape opponents want to do.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Just for some knowledge base, how hard would it be to extract nicotine from potatoes? Heck, potatoes can be grown in a bag now, so would be about the cheapest and easiest to work with. Is the nicotine in the actual potato, or is it in the leaves/stems? Would the extraction be difficult or require stuff most people wouldn't have access to?
    Tobacco has a few percent nicotine -- 3% might be typical. Yet extracting vape-quality nic from tobacco is not trivial.

Potatoes have about 7 parts per billion. Nevermind the equipment and process, to make a liter of 100mg base, you're going to need to start with with roughly 16,000 TONS of potatoes. Figure they'll cost you a couple hundred dollars a ton, minimum. That's $3.2 million dollars worth of raw materials.

I do not think this is practical. At all. ;)

VNeil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    My kids got me a Pico. I'm wondering how my 4 kiddos came up with the money.
    aab8bdacd9bf6c5d9fea31bfeebba74f.jpg
    1b5f95d1b9a8546fd96d0bbc63c7848c.jpg
    de0adcb45ab8bc1e92129b6a06b7d3d4.jpg
    4b7aeeb12c25bb2d007f189c42b958ee.jpg

At this point, I'm not asking how. Just glad I got another back up for my back up back up.............

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk
    If they are anything like my last dog they probably grabbed it off of a neighbor's patio table.

My last dog stole a Webber grill drip pan from a neighbor and left it for me. I actually needed a new one and was about to order it! True story.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It would probably be a better chance.
    That would also cut out the higher wattage stuff which the vape opponents want to do.

And a Mid-2014 Predicate Date would include a Significant Portion of the e-Cigarette Market.

Also, can't a SE Application be done on a Predicated product?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    And a Mid-2014 Predicate Date would include a Significant Portion of the e-Cigarette Market.

Also, can't a SE Application be done on a Predicated product?
    Yep should be a cheaper and faster way to approval.

Juice now is a whole nuther can of worms. since virtually no juice that was made in 2014 is still around in the same formula.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Hey all.

I picked up a bunch of kayfuns from Fast Tech and am impressed. The $7.78 kayfun V3 ES is as good as gold. It doesn't leak and it vapes perfectly. If someone told me that it was the original SvoMesto Kayfun 3 ES from 2013 I would have believed them.

And that wasn't even the good one of the 4 different kayfun models I got. That was the cheapest one and the oldest version of the Kayfun. I haven't coiled up the lite, mini V3 or V4 as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    True. Good point.
    I was thinking of commercial flavored ejuice.
    which is what the vast majority vape.

2014... We would have evods? Nauti's, and such attys?
    And maybe 30 watt mods?

I know I will get Flamed for this... But I would Give Up all the Flavored e-Liquids after Mid-2014 if I could have a Guarantee of Liquid Nicotine and Pre Mid-2014 devices to use it in.

There are guys at work that belong to online cigar clubs that live in my state, West Virginia.
    They purchase cigars online all the time and they said that they only have to sign for the packages when they arrive.
    I figure the same conditions will apply to e-cigs. To be sure I looked up my current state laws.

So for the people of WVa....

Internet Sales of Tobacco Products
    No person shall mail, ship, or otherwise deliver cigarettes in connection with a delivery sale unless prior to the first delivery sale to a consumer, the person complies with: 1) specific age verification requirements, including, obtaining a certification from the prospective consumer including date of birth and verification of this information; 2) disclosure requirements; 3) shipping requirements, including use of a delivery service that requires the person to sign to accept delivery and to display a photographic identification; 4) registration and reporting requirements; and 5) tax collection requirements.

Now the new regs can be confusing, I've watched several vids of lawyers and such, but not having a law degree left me still a bit confused. Probably the best video for the average person to understand, at least for me anyways, was the Totally Wicked Discussion <<< Vid link.

They discuss stockpiling, price increases and more. I found it very informative and just wanted to share.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    There are guys at work that belong to online cigar clubs that live in my state, West Virginia.
    They purchase cigars online all the time and they said that they only have to sign for the packages when they arrive.
    I figure the same conditions will apply to e-cigs. To be sure I looked up my current state laws.

So for the people of WVa....

Internet Sales of Tobacco Products
    No person shall mail, ship, or otherwise deliver cigarettes in connection with a delivery sale unless prior to the first delivery sale to a consumer, the person complies with: 1) specific age verification requirements, including, obtaining a certification from the prospective consumer including date of birth and verification of this information; 2) disclosure requirements; 3) shipping requirements, including use of a delivery service that requires the person to sign to accept delivery and to display a photographic identification; 4) registration and reporting requirements; and 5) tax collection requirements.

Now the new regs can be confusing, I've watched several vids of lawyers and such, but not having a law degree left me still a bit confused. Probably the best video for the average person to understand, at least for me anyways, was the Totally Wicked Discussion <<< Vid link.

They discuss stockpiling, price increases and more. I found it very informative and just wanted to share.

This is a Good Example of where a Federal Law may not Trump a State Law. But may place Extra Requirements on the purchasing of a product.

Your State may require that Buyers to do an Adult Signature to receive a State defined tobacco products, but if the Feds Require that a Photo ID is require at the time of the Sale, it would be Above and beyond the State Requirement.

Here is an Interesting Thread...

Dozens of questions about Free Samples, 2 Question about Age Verification for Online Sales.

One answer was... "Yes"
    The other answer (the 2nd to Last Question in this Webinar, 1:07:43) was... "Yes, it has to be a Photo ID."

SpiritBear

ECF Veteran
    Apr 29, 2013
    Maricopa Co, Arizona, USA
    Tobacco has a few percent nicotine -- 3% might be typical. Yet extracting vape-quality nic from tobacco is not trivial.

Potatoes have about 7 parts per billion. Nevermind the equipment and process, to make a liter of 100mg base, you're going to need to start with with roughly 16,000 TONS of potatoes. Figure they'll cost you a couple hundred dollars a ton, minimum. That's $3.2 million dollars worth of raw materials.

I do not think this is practical. At all. ;)

Not practical, nope! Thanks for the info, it's something good to know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread