• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch the last Underworld movie - Rise of the Lychens? I just got it off Nexflix.... good movie, didn't contradict the first 2 (fleshed out the history quite well, I believe). Only one continuity error I could see. I'd recommend it to watch, but not necessarily to buy.

And, Wiz - did you get to see the latest Star Trek film???? I soooo wanna talk about that (still) but won't be a spoiler!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I've seen the previews for that one, and pondered it. I've also got to make time this summer for: UP, Night at the Museum II, and doesn't the next Harry Potter movie come out this summer?
Vicks.......Harry Potter comes out in July I believe...Transformers 2 also looks good...Other than that,the summer line-up looks pretty weak this year!:)The Wiz!

Vicks.......Harry Potter comes out in July I believe...Transformers 2 also looks good...Other than that,the summer line-up looks pretty weak this year!:)The Wiz!

Transformers doesn't interest me - didn't like the first one.

but, GI Joe is also coming out - now THAT one looked good.

OHHH....G.I.Joe.......Forgot that one!!!!...Thanks Vicks!!!!(Love that nasty Cobra Commander!!!)

It's funny - I never thought I'd be interested in a movie like that.... I usually turn my nose up at "real life" kids cartoon movies. But that one just looks neat. Not that I'll be able to compare it to the cartoon.....but, then again, I went to see the Fantastic 4 and Spiderman movies without being a fan of the comics....

Well, the kids dragged me to a showing of this movie tonight - I have to say I was impressed...

I thought for sure, given the size and depth of the book, that Hollywood would do their usual hack job and ruin a good story, but I was pleasantly surprised...they did cut a sizable portion of the secondary story lines, but kept the main thread active and moving right along.
It did take them 2.5 hrs to get the whole story line in, though, so if you go see, be prepared to sit a good long time.

I recommend - good movie!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Well, the kids dragged me to a showing of this movie tonight - I have to say I was impressed...

I thought for sure, given the size and depth of the book, that Hollywood would do their usual hack job and ruin a good story, but I was pleasantly surprised...they did cut a sizable portion of the secondary story lines, but kept the main thread active and moving right along.
It did take them 2.5 hrs to get the whole story line in, though, so if you go see, be prepared to sit a good long time.

I recommend - good movie!

Thanks for the review Vicks...
just one quick question...
Do they tie up all the loose ends in this movie?
Or is it a seperate story by itself?
Thanks in advance!!:confused:

Thanks for the review Vicks...
just one quick question...
Do they tie up all the loose ends in this movie?
Or is it a seperate story by itself?
Thanks in advance!!:confused:

They tie up some - they show still others. Remember, they still have the last movie to make - the 7 Deadly Hollows.

We watched this one the other day - and this was a good one -

50 years prior - some children put together a time capsule - there is this one child who puts in a paper with nothing but numbers.

fast forward to the present, and the time capsule is opened, and this page turns out to have accurately (once decoded) predicted every major disaster in the last 50 years....

and they're getting worse -

Not going to spoil anything else, but do take the time to rent this one....excellent movie!

Speaking if Cinema.......Where is my copy of the now famous "Vick's On The News" DVD???Still waiting!!:)The Wiz!

Vicks in the news got shoved back to the 30th of July - so the spot hasn't aired yet. There was news more important 8-o then the PV.....

Really, some people have NO concept of importance - sheesh!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Vicks in the news got shoved back to the 30th of July - so the spot hasn't aired yet. There was news more important 8-o then the PV.....

Really, some people have NO concept of importance - sheesh!
More important than you Vick's???.....What happened? Was BiteMe involved in any way to push this date back??..LOL:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread