• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Let's not forget, the latest Terminator movie is out tonight!!! Anyone going to see it opening weekend?

Wiz......have you managed to sneak away from the Mrs. Wiz to see Star Trek, yet?
Vicks..........I was going to see it this weekend...but with the holiday..the movies will be packed here...and I like to "vape" at the movies....So probably next weekend for StarTrek.....and Terminator does look Awesome!!!.....Wiz Junior will be seeing these with me...not Mrs.Wiz!..The last one we saw together was Australia..Blah!!(Sorry Rick,Di and Trumpy!!):)The Wiz!

Vicks..........I was going to see it this weekend...but with the holiday..the movies will be packed here...and I like to "vape" at the movies....So probably next weekend for StarTrek.....and Terminator does look Awesome!!!.....Wiz Junior will be seeing these with me...not Mrs.Wiz!..The last one we saw together was Australia..Blah!!(Sorry Rick,Di and Trumpy!!):)The Wiz!

You're not the only one who hates crowds.......I can count the number of times I've been to Summer celebrations on one hand (the biggie ones, not the little local ones..) same with rock concerts, etc....so I can totally understand you not wanting to fight the crowds to see a flick....

Movie crowds, unusually, don't bother me like some of the others.....but that's me - wierd....I know...

If I want to sneak a vape whilst in the theatre - I've got a Kissbox, no LED, and I can sneak one here and there...I just make sure I blow the vape down, not up into the screen....

You know, that's kinda funny....I know BiteMe's got a Dura, but not what everyone else has...maybe we should do a "get to know your fellow Emeraldites" thread....not that it's been done to death in the regular forum...but, still.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
You're not the only one who hates crowds.......I can count the number of times I've been to Summer celebrations on one hand (the biggie ones, not the little local ones..) same with rock concerts, etc....so I can totally understand you not wanting to fight the crowds to see a flick....

Movie crowds, unusually, don't bother me like some of the others.....but that's me - wierd....I know...

If I want to sneak a vape whilst in the theatre - I've got a Kissbox, no LED, and I can sneak one here and there...I just make sure I blow the vape down, not up into the screen....

You know, that's kinda funny....I know BiteMe's got a Dura, but not what everyone else has...maybe we should do a "get to know your fellow Emeraldites" thread....not that it's been done to death in the regular forum...but, still.

I hate the crowds also. That's why I miss so many good movies.

In answer to your poll... yes I have a Dura, but I also have a Kiss Box, A mini-pipe, and 2 Dura-C's. A 901 on the way and 2 Janty Sticks on the way. Lots of atty's and batts for all, and one seriously awesome collection of juice!!! LOL;)

I hate the crowds also. That's why I miss so many good movies.

In answer to your poll... yes I have a Dura, but I also have a Kiss Box, A mini-pipe, and 2 Dura-C's. A 901 on the way and 2 Janty Sticks on the way. Lots of atty's and batts for all, and one seriously awesome collection of juice!!! LOL;)

I've got to stop buying so much juice....I'm slowly coming to the realization that I DON'T like fruity flavors...except the peach cobbler from JC.

I AM a chocoholic....I can't get enough of my coconut/chocolate mix...

Anyone else seen the Terminator movie yet? My hubs dragged me to go see it tonight.....very good, lots of action and explosions....the plot could have been twisted just a bit differently, though....I had a different ending all plotted out in my head about half-way through, and they didn't do what I expected. <my ending would have been better :) >
I recommend....3.8 on a scale of 1-5.

Surprisingly, being that this is opening weekend, there weren't the crowds I expected....bonus! I even managed to vape through about half the movie.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Well, we stayed in and watched Let the Right One In. Excellent! If you read the reviews, you'll see that there's some issue with the subtitles/translation, but we had the dubbed version on (came that way and we decided not to switch) and everything I read about the issues seems really trivial. I'd probably recommend watching this in the Swedish since the dubbing seemed stilted.

Anyways, this was really an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT movie. We've been watching lots of British detective movies lately, so this was a great change and done so well. It was so sweet, a little camp, but haunting, too. Recommended!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Well, we stayed in and watched Let the Right One In. Excellent! If you read the reviews, you'll see that there's some issue with the subtitles/translation, but we had the dubbed version on (came that way and we decided not to switch) and everything I read about the issues seems really trivial. I'd probably recommend watching this in the Swedish since the dubbing seemed stilted.

Anyways, this was really an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT movie. We've been watching lots of British detective movies lately, so this was a great change and done so well. It was so sweet, a little camp, but haunting, too. Recommended!
Kendra LOVE the new avatar!!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA

Kendra.....Based on your good looks...I really think you could have got a much younger man to pose with you for your new avatar!!!:)The Wiz!

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Kendra.....Based on your good looks...I really think you could have got a much younger man to pose with you for your new avatar!!!:)The Wiz!

kendra-albums-profile-picture1242-2323american-gothic-large5.jpg

Thanks! And, maybe this one's better.

Last edited:

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Kendra.......The Perfect Couple!!!!....and that wasn't my pitchfork!!!LMAO....Thank you!!!:)The Wiz!

OMG..... I didn't think you had it in you Wiz!!!! LOL

Kendra.... How about putting ME in that photo with you???:hubba:

(Just Kidding!!!! I think your hubby and my wife wouldn't care for that too much!!!):p

That's not a flying monkey in the sky, is it???

OH! Quick......Contact Vicks!!!! Go to her Visitor Messages in her profile for more details on what to do with this sighting!!! Then return the monkey to the dungeon!

Quick!! The future of the ECF is at stake!!!

Last edited:

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
That's not a flying monkey in the sky, is it???

OH! Quick......Contact Vicks!!!! Go to her Visitor Messages in her profile for more details on what to do with this sighting!!! Then return the monkey to the dungeon!

Quick!! The future of the ECF is at stake!!!

OMG!!!! 7 out of 1660?? you better deliver your prize in person!!! LOL:lol:

OK... I'll start looking. Am I cheating if I copy and paste your instructions here in the EC?

Last edited:
OMG!!!! 7 out of 1660?? you better deliver it in person!!! LOL:lol:

OK... I'll start looking. Am I cheating if I copy and paste your instructions here in the EC?

No, not cheating....go ahead and post the instructions....better yet, slap them up in a new thread we can delete once the contest is ended.

Now, just remember, you can only edit your posts for a limited amount of time....after that, they're locked..... so, you only have to go back a few days in my posts.

Bring the monkeys to the dungeon....with a good descriptor of how you got captured the dear little beasts....I will be judging on how well everyone spins a tale.

And, in person? Only if you come pick me up in that big, shiny plane...:D

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
No, not cheating....go ahead and post the instructions....better yet, slap them up in a new thread we can delete once the contest is ended.

Now, just remember, you can only edit your posts for a limited amount of time....after that, they're locked..... so, you only have to go back a few days in my posts.

Bring the monkeys to the dungeon....with a good descriptor of how you got captured the dear little beasts....I will be judging on how well everyone spins a tale.

And, in person? Only if you come pick me up in that big, shiny plane...:D

Look for my PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread