Status
Not open for further replies.

l_strider_l

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Minas Tirith, Gondor
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away....

A couple of guys decided to establish their own Story Giveaway thread to have some fun and create a place for their ECF friends to gather and have fun contributing to something they composed collectively. A thread which was intended to be read and supplemented by people who appreciate a good story. As an incentive the thread was purposed by a PRIZE, a gift which would be presented at random upon the close of the story after the 750th post, for no other reason than to show gratitude for their ECF friends and the generosity which had been extended to them. The PRIZE was set forth as a 30ml bottle of eliquid from Potion Vape Co. of a flavor and nic level to be determined by the random winner. The rules guiding the cultivation of the story were set forth as follows:

- All posts should have the post above it quoted

- If someone posts while you are writing your post, you MUST edit your post to fit the added content.

- No bringing people back from the dead.........once they are dead, they are DEAD.

- Please refrain from adding posts that do not make sense in the story. If you wanna change the direction of the story, think of a way to do it that keeps everything else in continuity.

- Characters and details are encouraged, keep these in mind in the midst of your creativity

A secondary thread was opened for any "Non Entry" comments to the Story Giveaway, feel free to discuss the content, opinions and likes/dislikes here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-time-galaxy-far-far-away-comment-thread.html

:laugh::cry::vapor:

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
His eye scans down the list and comes to a jarring halt when he sees Anna Hildebrandt. The rush of air from the grill near the ceiling suddenly seems deafening.

But she couldn't! He thought wildly, searching the page as if it held the answer, Surely she must know I am captaining this ship!

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
But she couldn't! He thought wildly, searching the page as if it held the answer, Surely she must know I am captaining this ship!

Captain Morgan left the roster at his stateroom desk and moved toward the forward portal while taking a long draw of "Dark Skies" Potion e-Juice from his vapeware. A fitting selection for today's departure.

With fifteen years on the ship's log, she had certainly seen much worse than a few thunder clouds. That most recent skirmish just outside the Kentaurus system left a few scars. But after a well-deserved dry dock she was again at full readiness. It might not be the newest ship, but the staterooms are best in fleet. Being Captain of a Hillary Clinton class cruiser has its benefits.

His thoughts returned to Commander Hildebrandt. Oh, Anna...

[tap, tap, tap]

The Captain heard a faint knock at the stateroom door.

[TAP.. TAP... TAP] "Captain?"

Last edited:

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
Captain Morgan left the roster at his stateroom desk and moved toward the forward portal while taking a long draw of "Dark Skies" Potion e-Juice from his vapeware. A fitting selection for today's departure.

With fifteen years on the ship's log, she had certainly seen much worse than a few thunder clouds. That most recent skirmish just outside the Kentaurus system left a few scars. But after a well-deserved dry dock she was again at full readiness. It might not be the newest ship, but the staterooms are best in fleet. Being Captain of a Hillary Clinton class cruiser has its benefits.

His thoughts returned to Commander Hildebrandt. Oh, Anna...

[tap, tap, tap]

The Captain heard a faint knock at the stateroom door.

[TAP.. TAP... TAP] "Captain?"

“There is a courier from HQ”- The pretty and usually calm face of his first mate Natalia Tanushina was strained with hidden tension.

“A courier? “- His voice sounded strained even in his ears. The SOP of the navy rarely included couriers; they were rarity, almost never seen a remnant of a different time. There were of course courier ships, but they were different case with well defined role. His train of thought came to an abrupt end when Tanushina continued.

“I checked his credentials, this is not a joke pulled by some of the other captains he is the personal courier of Admiral Weber.” She frowned. Admiral Weber was officially in the logistic department, but he was now to be the man behind all the intelligence gathering and more “delicate” missions.
“Tell him to come in”

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
“There is a courier from HQ”- The pretty and usually calm face of his first mate Natalia Tanushina was strained with hidden tension.

“A courier? “- His voice sounded strained even in his ears. The SOP of the navy rarely included couriers; they were rarity, almost never seen a remnant of a different time. There were of course courier ships, but they were different case with well defined role. His train of thought came to an abrupt end when Tanushina continued.

“I checked his credentials, this is not a joke pulled by some of the other captains he is the personal courier of Admiral Weber.” She frowned. Admiral Weber was officially in the logistic department, but he was now to be the man behind all the intelligence gathering and more “delicate” missions.
“Tell him to come in”

When the courier entered he handed me a letter from HQ. On the outside it was stamped "For Your Eye Only". (I had lost my left eye in the battle of Logathia many years earlier - I've been looking but still haven't found it). I started to open the letter but the courier told me to wait until he was gone. As he turned and walked away, I noticed that he had a sign taped to his back that said "kick me". One of my crew was at it again with the jokes.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST

“Tell him to come in”

When the courier entered he handed me a letter from HQ. On the outside it was stamped "For Your Eye Only". (I had lost my left eye in the battle of Logathia many years earlier - I've been looking but still haven't found it). I started to open the letter but the courier told me to wait until he was gone. As he turned and walked away, I noticed that he had a sign taped to his back that said "kick me". One of my crew was at it again with the jokes.
(reedited due to lightspeed calculations and simultaneous postings)

The courier removed the sign from his back after hearing the snickers, reentered and saluted smartly...such formality not often seen out here. "Sir! Roy Whorry reporting with a message. I have bad news."

Morgan let loose a scowl befitting pirates of lore. "Yes?"

"We've done the math. Our near-lightspeed drive will take YEARS just to get us to the nearest star! 100,000 earth years to get across the galaxy!"

"Wha?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it's true. However, since we've been traveling the earth has...aged...quite quickly. They have a new worm-drive now."

"Worm drive?" (scowl) He fought the urge to say "Arrrgh" and settled for grumbling the words instead.

"Yes, it short-cuts space. You can 'jump' to other locations! There's a mech ship en route to retrofit our engines. You have orders from the admiralty to allow the retrofit."

"Why me?" (groan) "This hunk of junk is too old. Why don't they just build a new class of cruiser or something?"

"We're....more expendable. There's dangers."

"Yes, I'm sure. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, Roy."

"Yes sir! Here's the user manual. It reads like e-cig instructions, but you'll make sense of it...I think."

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
(reedited due to lightspeed calculations and simultaneous postings)

The courier removed the sign from his back after hearing the snickers, reentered and saluted smartly...such formality not often seen out here. "Sir! Roy Whorry reporting with a message. I have bad news."

Morgan let loose a scowl befitting pirates of lore. "Yes?"

"We've done the math. Our near-lightspeed drive will take YEARS just to get us to the nearest star! 100,000 earth years to get across the galaxy!"

"Wha?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it's true. However, since we've been traveling the earth has...aged...quite quickly. They have a new worm-drive now."

"Worm drive?" (scowl) He fought the urge to say "Arrrgh" and settled for grumbling the words instead.

"Yes, it short-cuts space. You can 'jump' to other locations! There's a mech ship en route to retrofit our engines. You have orders from the admiralty to allow the retrofit."

"Why me?" (groan) "This hunk of junk is too old. Why don't they just build a new class of cruiser or something?"

"We're....more expendable. There's dangers."

"Yes, I'm sure. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, Roy."

"Yes sir! Here's the user manual. It reads like e-cig instructions, but you'll make sense of it...I think."

With instructions in hand, Morgan storms down the corridor making his way to the bridge. "Mr. Gump"......."Aye Captain", Forrest replies. " "Send a sub space message to Emperor Gallien" "Tell him Im calling in that favor he owes me from the Xenolithic wars". "I'll not be travelin through the Galaxy in this joke of a cruiser. " If the Admiralty is sending us where I think they are sending us, We're going in style.......and were going in the Emperors most heavily armed Galaxy Class Cruiser". "He will never agree to that Captain" Replied Gump. "oh, he will agree" said Morgan.

"Turn us about Mr Gump, enter these coordinates and jump to light speed on my mark". "But Sir" said Gump. "Now, Mr. Gump, or you'll find yourself pulling duty on the USS EGO FT class for the duration" ... "Aye Sir".....And they were off.

After a few short hours, they had reached the RY4 Nebula, just this side of the Tatroe rings.......and there she was. What a site to behold! All those years of battle......and not a scratch on her. It was the RSST Provari. The Emperor had come through.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
With instructions in hand, Morgan storms down the corridor making his way to the bridge. "Mr. Gump"......."Aye Captain", Forrest replies. " "Send a sub space message to Emperor Gallien" "Tell him Im calling in that favor he owes me from the Xenolithic wars". "I'll not be travelin through the Galaxy in this joke of a cruiser. " If the Admiralty is sending us where I think they are sending us, We're going in style.......and were going in the Emperors most heavily armed Galaxy Class Cruiser". "He will never agree to that Captain" Replied Gump. "oh, he will agree" said Morgan.

"Turn us about Mr Gump, enter these coordinates and jump to light speed on my mark". "But Sir" said Gump. "Now, Mr. Gump, or you'll find yourself pulling duty on the USS EGO FT class for the duration" ... "Aye Sir".....And they were off.

After a few short hours, they had reached the RY4 Nebula, just this side of the Tatroe rings.......and there she was. What a site to behold! All those years of battle......and not a scratch on her. It was the RSST Provari. The Emperor had come through.

"Mr. Gump, after the last of our cargo and crew has been beamed aboard, turn us about and make way back towards Earth to rendevous with retro fit crew.".."and Get the Captain of the USS Vamo on the horn, Ive a bone to pick with that ###% !

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
"Mr. Gump, after the last of our cargo and crew has been beamed aboard, turn us about and make way back towards Earth to rendevous with retro fit crew.".."and Get the Captain of the USS Vamo on the horn, Ive a bone to pick with that ###% !
Returning to his cabin the Captain told his computer to play old blues music and listened to some SVD. Unbelievable guitar work. To bad Stevie died so young in a teleporting accident at a concert.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
He then tried some Miles Davis jazz, but listening to it alone just reminded him of the cold vacuum of space around him. That type of thing is best in a club....surrounded by people and performed live, not digitized and played back. It's different every time that way. No decent clubs on this ship. No frills.

And this mission: crazy. Now that the entire fleet has become so...political and obsessed with e-cigs at the same time, it was going down hill fast. It's been worse since they moved fleet headquarters to Georgia. Nothing but politics, politics, politics...with occasional musical interludes and vape breaks. Sigh.

Yet, he had a job to do. He had his orders...

Then there's that whole "Anna thing" again...

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
He then tried some Miles Davis jazz, but listening to it alone just reminded him of the cold vacuum of space around him. That type of thing is best in a club....surrounded by people and performed live, not digitized and played back. It's different every time that way. No decent clubs on this ship. No frills.

And this mission: crazy. Now that the entire fleet has become so...political and obsessed with e-cigs at the same time, it was going down hill fast. It's been worse since they moved fleet headquarters to Georgia. Nothing but politics, politics, politics...with occasional musical interludes and vape breaks. Sigh.

Yet, he had a job to do. He had his orders...

Then there's that whole "Anna thing" again...

Anna is a hard one to figure out, and even harder to explain. At one time she was a commander with the Colonial Marines assigned to protect outposts earth had in place in the Xenolithic quadrant of the third worm hole that was discovered in 2019. During the war she was mortally wounded and returned to my ship after some extensive reconstruction by our highly advanced new allies from Fallon 4. Anna is a stunning woman. Still very human, part machine, with a highly advanced mind......and a body that would put comic book super heroines to shame.

It was she that got us through the collapsed worm hole. It was she that I worked with alone....so many months.... while the other survivors were in stasis. Anna was the.... "Captain" ..(silence).... "Captain Morgan"..... (silence) ...... "Daniel Morgan"....... "Huh ? What the hell is it"?

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Anna is a hard one to figure out, and even harder to explain. At one time she was a commander with the Colonial Marines assigned to protect outposts earth had in place in the Xenolithic quadrant of the third worm hole that was discovered in 2019. During the war she was mortally wounded and returned to my ship after some extensive reconstruction by our highly advanced new allies from Fallon 4. Anna is a stunning woman. Still very human, part machine, with a highly advanced mind......and a body that would put comic book super heroines to shame.

It was she that got us through the collapsed worm hole. It was she that I worked with alone....so many months.... while the other survivors were in stasis. Anna was the.... "Captain" ..(silence).... "Captain Morgan"..... (silence) ...... "Daniel Morgan"....... "Huh ? What the hell is it"?

"And if it wasn't for me, Anna wouldn't be the woman that she is," thought Technician Sponson, a line he had been rolling over in his head for the past eight turns. It was something Sponson had been saving to introduce into casual conversation, a chance to flaunt his connection to Anna. However Sponson was one of those great geniuses whose social acumen was only slightly more verbose that a grilled cheese sandwich. Sponson knew though, despite his painful inability to express himself, that he really was responsible for the melodic tones that Anna could accomplish, he had donated from his own genome, precursive stem cells from his own tongue which had assisted in the surgical bonds for some of Anna's aural/verbal upgrades.

Sponson privately liked to think this was as good as slipping his tongue into Anna's pert little mouth but even in his most socially awkward moment he knew this was just a strange fancy. So Technician Sponson held his own tongue, desperately seeking a chance to regale someone with his odd little contribution to science, and to Anna.

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
"Captain" ..(silence).... "Captain Morgan"..... (silence) ...... "Daniel Morgan"....... "Huh ? What the hell is it"?

"And if it wasn't for me, Anna wouldn't be the woman that she is," thought Technician Sponson, a line he had been rolling over in his head for the past eight turns. It was something Sponson had been saving to introduce into casual conversation, a chance to flaunt his connection to Anna. However Sponson was one of those great geniuses whose social acumen was only slightly more verbose that a grilled cheese sandwich. Sponson knew though, despite his painful inability to express himself, that he really was responsible for the melodic tones that Anna could accomplish, he had donated from his own genome, precursive stem cells from his own tongue which had assisted in the surgical bonds for some of Anna's aural/verbal upgrades.

Sponson privately liked to think this was as good as slipping his tongue into Anna's pert little mouth but even in his most socially awkward moment he knew this was just a strange fancy. So Technician Sponson held his own tongue, desperately seeking a chance to regale someone with his odd little contribution to science, and to Anna.

"Oh, it's you Sponson. Please enter. I didn't mean to snap but listening to Kind of Blue puts me in a mood."

"I have that track of "Lush Life" you requested" said Sponson as he approached the Captain.

"Hartman and Coltrane?"

"Of course. It's the only version that I programmed An... um ... Commander Hildebrandt to respond to."

"Thank you, Sponson. I knew I could count on you as always. Let's keep this our little secret. Any word on her arrival?"

Last edited:

Ottotek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Michigan
"Oh, it's you Sponson. Please enter. I didn't mean to snap but listening to Kind of Blue puts me in a mood."

"I have that track of "Lush Life" you requested" said Sponson as he approached the Captain.

"Hartman and Coltrane?"

"Of course. It's the only version that I programmed An... um ... Commander Hildebrandt to respond to."

"Thank you, Sponson. I knew I could count on you as always. Let's keep this our little secret. Any word on her arrival?"

"Sir, Commander Hildebrandt is due to rendezvous with us as soon as her ship, the USS Pcheila, makes repairs to her Flux Capacitor Unit. The output power of the unit is low, only 1.11 gigawatts instead of the required 1.21 gigawatts required for Wormhole Activation. ETA is 1.5 hours Galactic Standard."

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
"Sir, Commander Hildebrandt is due to rendezvous with us as soon as her ship, the USS Pcheila, makes repairs to her Flux Capacitor Unit. The output power of the unit is low, only 1.11 gigawatts instead of the required 1.21 gigawatts required for Wormhole Activation. ETA is 1.5 hours Galactic Standard."

So as I was for repairs to her ship to be completed, I figure that I'd better get ready for her arrival.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
So as I was for repairs to her ship to be completed, I figure that I'd better get ready for her arrival.

At that very moment, in a quantum event that even the most sophisticated models could never have predicted, the symmetrical containment vessel at the heart of the Flux Capacitor experienced a state change. Spontaneous decay to an asymmetric state as predicted by Einstein's special theory of relativity. As the containment field's waveform collapsed matter and anti matter mixed in the largest convergence of opposing particles since the Big Bang, resulting in an uncontrolled release of energy that atomized everything within a 10 light year radius.

The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread