Online recipe database and calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've been obsessed with creating an advanced online recipe database with a calculator.

So far I have done:

• User registration
  • Create recipe (and create based on another)
  • Save recipe
  • Rate recipe
  • Toplists
  • Lists
  • See my recipes
  • Add/remove favorites
  • See favorites
  • Sorting
  • Comment on recipe
  • Localization (danish/english)
  • Google translate option on notes and comments (when you use English, a "Translate" link appears below notes and comments).
  • Save user default values for recipes

A few things are missing yet. What I can think of:

• Free text search
  • "I have these flavors"-type search
  • Paging
  • Users can have the same display name
  • Forgot password
  • Remember login

Apart from this, everything should work. Have a go at it!

Comments, ideas, etc here or by using the "Feedback" on "My page" on the site.

http://ordo.dk/juice/

I'm wondering what it will take for people to start using it? It's free, easy, fast - It should be a great way to share recipes. Plus I listen to every suggestion! :)

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Very, very cool. An online slice of vaping folklore.

Two suggestions:

1) If anybody wanted to try mixing something they saw, knowing the manufacturer of, for instance, Mellow Sunset would be helpful.

2) Translations of comments left in a foreign (to me) tongue would help also. I have no idea what language is use with Nikotinvæsken er "traditional" fra FA, let alone what was said.

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
PoliticallyIncorret, Yes, that's kind of the problem with the flavors - One needs to either include it in the name, or write it in the notes or comments.

The site is either in Danish or English though, so google translate should get it. translate url...

Mellow Sunset and the others are from FlavourArt I think (that's the "FA" part of the note)...

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Cool Idea, but I think there might be a problem with the basic math percentages,

If I want to make an 80VG 20PG mix using 100%VG Nic juice 100mg/ml strength at 25mg finished nic level with 10% Flavoring I should be using this:

25% Nic
55% VG Dilutent
10% PG Dilutent
10% PG Flavouring

But the Calc says to use this:
25% VG Nic
18% PG Dilutent
47% VG Dilutent
10% Flavoring

I thing my math is right, but if not someone can set me straight.

Thanks
Jeff~

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
You're probably right. But the calculator gives the correct percentages, according to one assumption. The flavoring is neither counted as PG nor VG - It counts just like water/vodka/pga.

Would it be most correct to let the flavor count as PG, are most flavors diluted with that?

Oh I see, I believe it should be counted as PG, as that is more or less the accepted practice.

Thanks,
Jeff~

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Ok, thanks Jeff! If it is indeed the accepted norm, I will of course change it to PG!

There are some flavors that are suspended in VG as well, so an option of either would be the best course of action. but I believe PG Flavoring is the most prevalent, of course their may be others with an opinion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread