Online recipe database and calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
I think you might be right, Jeff. Though I am having trouble finding the base for some flavorings. Some say they are undiluted (no PG/VG)... Hmmm!

All of my Lorann's , Totally Wicked and Seedmans are all PG based, I am pretty sure all flavoring is based in PG or VG. they have to have some fluid to actually suspend the flavor. some may be suspended in water, but most I believe are in PG.
Anyone else have thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff~

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
I think you are all over thinking this a bit. When I create a recipe I enter the actual amounts of each ingredient into my spreadsheet. Many of mine look like 75pg 15vg 5pga and 5 flavor. From what I've read on flavors, their base can be pg, vg, water or alcohol. PG+VG does not have to equal 100percent. In reality it probably never does. I prefer to see actual numbers

Last edited:

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
Here's a screen shot of one of the recipes in my spreadsheet. The percentages are there as a result of calculations, an end point for reference.
recipe.jpg

Also, I have mixed with more than one ingredient containing nicotine, so to get a accurate strength of the final product, there needs to be a place to enter the strength of each ingredient.

JMHO

BTW,don't mix this one as is, it kinda sucked

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
I guess I go about it differently than most. When I mix I think about approximate amount to make, VG percentage and nic strength. For example I'll be out to make 20ml of 20mg juice with about 20percent VG with a sweet tobacco flavor. But I don't care if I end up with 22.5ml of 18.3mg .........................etc.

If it works, I'll do it exactly the same again. If it doesn't work I'll tweek the amounts of what I think needs fixing. sometimes I'll get nice round numbers as a result, other times the percentages look kind of whacky.:blush:

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Daath, your not over thinking it if you want to make it precise, besides using percentages for whatever ingredients, (PG, VG, NIC, Water, PGA) makes it easier to scale your batches of juice. Most people want to know what percentage of flavors to use, it just makes it easier for the end user. IMO

Good Luck,
Jeff~

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
I just tried to enter my toasted almond recipe. It has many ingredients, some at 0.6 and 0.8 percent. The program changes these to 0 and eliminates the flavors. I kept it private because what it puts out as the recipe is not what I put in. The math doesn't work. I think it might be because it wants to change everything to drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread